DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

I use the Kiki fix loose joints stuff for loose joints on my 25 series. Well, it's the same as floor polish and all, so it's basically the same thing, but anything like that water based polyurethane will help make those joints nice and tight. On one of my junk 25s, I've been thinking of trying a thin layer of aluminum foil to see how that does as far as stiffening the joints. Not a complete wrap, as that means technically doubling the layer around a ball, but just enough to test it out with a lot (and I mean A LOT) of movement. I have a feeling it'll fail over time due to metal vs. plastic, but I could also look into thin ear bud like rubber that is found in earphone pieces. Sadly, all these great toys will suffer from this problem at some point.

2 hours ago, rsvictor1976 said:

Did you tighten the screws on the legs? My 25G Michael Renewal was floppy too around the hips until I messed around with the screws. Unfortunately I couldn't do anything about the swinging shoulder joints. I was thinking nail polish but it would probably leave a mark.

Yes. I actually posted some of my fixes in the Maintenance Thread a decade ago. Man, didn't know it's been 10 years already. Looks like my fix didn't last. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Jasonc said:

I use the Kiki fix loose joints stuff for loose joints on my 25 series. Well, it's the same as floor polish and all, so it's basically the same thing, but anything like that water based polyurethane will help make those joints nice and tight. On one of my junk 25s, I've been thinking of trying a thin layer of aluminum foil to see how that does as far as stiffening the joints. Not a complete wrap, as that means technically doubling the layer around a ball, but just enough to test it out with a lot (and I mean A LOT) of movement. I have a feeling it'll fail over time due to metal vs. plastic, but I could also look into thin ear bud like rubber that is found in earphone pieces. Sadly, all these great toys will suffer from this problem at some point.

Yeah. I think all of these are inevitable. I thought my fix years ago will work out fine. I added those small cuts of silicone rubbers in there as well. Probably the placement of the rubber moved or just got loose overtime. It would be nice to revisit it and open those stuff again. But I'm sure both figures will probably need to rely on stands this time in or permanently display in Fighter mode. :rolleyes:

Anyways, do enjoy your collectibles while you're young. :good: