RC Any one

peter

I don't play with RC myself (too expensive), but I've been seeing this gargantuan RCs online lately, and it just amazes me what people are building for themselves. For example, a a/72 scale Yamato:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1399629

a3839061-49-107.JPG

a3839099-59-yamato-gun%20turret%20460mm03.jpg

a3839100-78-yamato-gun%20turret%20460mm04.jpg

The holy $hit factor on this home-build is through the roof.

Here's few others...this B-29 is old news, but holy crap:

And I'm looking forward to seeing this monster fly:

http://www.youtube.com/user/VAUMAXde#p/u/3/bAC5UgrigCA

Faster and and out of control is better too, lol...

LOL, dude's got some da*ned good reflexes! :p

That 1/72 Yamato is so "fu*k yeah!"

ed: isn't there an RC C-17 Globemaster as well? That thing has got to be a challenger to the B-29 for "world's largest"?

Edited by reddsun1

1/72 Yamato. Friggin A.

I'm trying to get into R/C aviation after I was given a beginner plane as a gift, but I don't have the nerve just yet to fly this thing. After witnessing some horrendous (and hilarious) crashes by all sorts of crafts built by my friends, I'm racking up hours on a sim before the maiden flight.

-1 to the B-29 for having inaccurate propellers.

Aw c'mon, lol...

1/72 Yamato. Friggin A.

I'm trying to get into R/C aviation after I was given a beginner plane as a gift, but I don't have the nerve just yet to fly this thing. After witnessing some horrendous (and hilarious) crashes by all sorts of crafts built by my friends, I'm racking up hours on a sim before the maiden flight.

I understand your fear. The one and only thing my father and I did together was build a Sig Kadet Jr. RC plane from the ground up-took us over 2 years to do it and untold hours. I crashed that thing 15 minutes after takeoff during its maiden flight.

One of my favorites:

:o

• 2 weeks later...

Focusing more time on R/C than gunpla & anime; matter of fact I'm about ready to sell off a crapload of classic HG & MG kits from my 2 tours in Japan for cash.

Flying takes me where static displays & anime mecha imagination leaves me at a standstill. Too many good Macross & Yukikaze designs screamin out to be made R/C from foam & cardboard anyways.

Those mega projects like the Yamato need to see themselves end up in museums when the creators are done. Fan-friggan -tastic!!

Focusing more time on R/C than gunpla & anime; matter of fact I'm about ready to sell off a crapload of classic HG & MG kits from my 2 tours in Japan for cash.

Flying takes me where static displays & anime mecha imagination leaves me at a standstill. Too many good Macross & Yukikaze designs screamin out to be made R/C from foam & cardboard anyways.

Those mega projects like the Yamato need to see themselves end up in museums when the creators are done. Fan-friggan -tastic!!

Didn't a few Macross RCs pop up a little while ago?

• 11 years later...