1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

from this image from Anymoon.com (thanks Jenius!) I'd say the Angel Bird and 25th anniversary are pretty much tied! But then again I also love Hikaru's color scheme and the CF!

But like you said the Navy grey and VF-1J stealth are pretty sweet too!

Yamato-148-Intro-1.jpg

The Angel Bird is a beauty in Fighter mode, I like the 1/48 better for its colors. I felt the 1/60 V.2's blue was too dark for my preference.

I'm in the opposite camp, I actually like the 1:60 ver2 Angelbird colors better, be that as it may, the two low viz ones would have sold for sure, (especially with matching Super/Strike parts!!!) the woodland camo...well...I would have picked one up at the old $80-$100 ver2 price, but I'll bet that one would have been a shelf warmer.

Edited by derex3592

I'm in the opposite camp, I actually like the 1:60 ver2 Angelbird colors better, be that as it may, the two low viz ones would have sold for sure, (especially with matching Super/Strike parts!!!) the woodland camo...well...I would have picked one up at the old $80-$100 ver2 price, but I'll bet that one would have been a shelf warmer.

Yeah have to agree on that after comparing them in both scales. The v2 1:60 is definitely a lot nicer. I wish they had released the navy grey variant in the v2 1:60 line. And im not such a fan of the woodland paint scheme, Looks too much like a F-111..

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAEvh9F1hbUlSHDaaKOKJB2pdCgutyF-CjWoQ0KFQY3ekp7ks_zhGuxPmN

@Saburo

Lovely. :wub:

Thanks no3ljm! :)

@Saburo.. Nice!!! some Prophecy photo goodness! :D

Thanks spanner! :D

Dat head though......wth? Lol

Its different, i like the detail with the internal behind the dome.

Lovely pics! But I thought purple gunpods didn't exist in your universe. ;)

They do but only used by prototypes. :D:lol:

sometimes i forget how pretty that one is and feel like selling it (mins still liives misb)....but after seeing your photos...gotta keep it. hahaha

Its is one of the photogenic of the 25 series. Mine is going back into it box to make room in the display cases.

Edited by Saburo

I'm not a big fan of the color orange but the paint job on the YF-25 really works for me. Gorgeous photos as always Saburo!

I don't like Orange at all but the YF-25 is my favorite paint scheme followed closely by the CF colors. Honestly, the hero valks all pale in comparison.

I'm not a big fan of the color orange but the paint job on the YF-25 really works for me. Gorgeous photos as always Saburo!

I agree. The only orange colored mecha I thought that works ok for me are from the Gundam series. DeepStriker, Kyrios, and Powered GM. Knowing that there's already orange colored Valk such as VF-1D and VT-1. ;)

Saburo, every time you take photos of something I don't have in my collection, I end up wanting them!

I agree. Look what he did to me on that Kaneda Bike. Hehehe. :lol:

I don't like Orange at all but the YF-25 is my favorite paint scheme followed closely by the CF colors. Honestly, the hero valks all pale in comparison.

Agreed, especially on the 25A CF.

Although, I really like orange as a color and on the YF-25 and the 25S is a good scheme, if only for the skull emblem.

I agree. The only orange colored mecha I thought that works ok for me are from the Gundam series. DeepStriker, Kyrios, and Powered GM. Knowing that there's already orange colored Valk such as VF-1D and VT-1. ;)

Did someone say Kaneda's Bike? :p

-b.

Thank you Scyla! The YF-25 color scheme is not my favorite but it does photograph extremely nicely. :D

Saburo, every time you take photos of something I don't have in my collection, I end up wanting them!

That is the not the first time I have read that. :lol:

Saburo you need to get that book out, mate! :lol:

You'd make a mint from people like me. :p

Falcon the is book is always in the back of my head. ;)

My favorite paint scheme is the Roy/Ozma scheme, but YF-25 is the nicest to photograph.

I have a Gundam Fix Figuration Deep Striker in my collection still in it box. :lol:

I am guilty again of getting people to buy something. :D That should somehow become my forum member title.

Hahaha! Yes sir! Saburo's photos made me buy that Project BM! set so I cancelled some of my PO's. Hehehe. :lol:

By the way, hey B! ;)

What's up buddy! B))

*Snip*

I am guilty again of getting people to buy something. :D That should somehow become my forum member title.

Agreed. :lol:

Good thing I'm not a Mod, otherwise it'd already be a done deal.

-b.

What's up buddy! B))

Agreed. :lol:

Good thing I'm not a Mod, otherwise it'd already be a done deal.

-b.

:lol: Looks like a mod took care of that... for you.

He made me buy a camera!

He's THE ENABLER!

LOL! I have a new title!

Hey, I just showed you possibilities for cameras. :D:lol:

I just take pictures and show everyone possibilities... which lead to purchases. In the end everyone is happy.. :D:lol:

He made me buy a camera!

He's THE ENABLER!

saburo the enabler :D i like that!

Even better, Saburo the Super Dimensional Enabler. ;)

FTW! B))

So much awesome!

Can't lie, I bought a camera last summer, a Nikon D5500, in huge part to the pictures that get posted around these parts. Sadly I'm too lazy to take pictures myself.

I guess I should rectify that soon. :ph34r:

-b.

So much awesome!

Can't lie, I bought a camera last summer, a Nikon D5500, in huge part to the pictures that get posted around these parts. Sadly I'm too lazy to take pictures myself.

-b.

:lol: Nice another member that bought a camera! ;)

Nice camera KB! Time to start taking pics :)

One more from another shoot:

IMG_1763.JPG

I have a few more to upload but I think they'll be better in the "strike a pose" and "On the workbench" threads.

Another item that's come up since playing with these guys - the VF-25 backpack hinge pieces. In Saburo's pics, they look as though they're almost parallel to the ground. I'd always thought they were supposed to be angled down from the front to the back, and had been transforming them this way for a long time. The only problem with this, is that it severely limits the way you can pose the missile boxes on the shoulders.

Has anyone else run into this issue and is there really a "right" way to pose the backpack/wings on these things?

Edited by mickyg

So much awesome!

-b.

His pics really are that good, aren't they B? I already had my camera gear but I was inspired to do more and invest in some quality lighting as a result. And even though I'm a die-hard Canon fan, I'm mighty tempted by some of Nikon's recent offerings. Nice purchase on your D5500.

And yes, take some pics!

One more from another shoot:

IMG_1763.JPG

I have a few more to upload but I think they'll be better in the "strike a pose" and "On the workbench" threads.

Another item that's come up since playing with these guys - the VF-25 backpack hinge pieces. In Saburo's pics, they look as though they're almost parallel to the ground. I'd always thought they were supposed to be angled down from the front to the back, and had been transforming them this way for a long time. The only problem with this, is that it severely limits the way you can pose the missile boxes on the shoulders.

Has anyone else run into this issue and is there really a "right" way to pose the backpack/wings on these things?

Great shot, I like!

As for the backpack hinges, the line art shows them angled towards the back like you said. I did that but I didn't like it , so I go with the slightly angled forward because it fills out the shoulders, allows you angle mid shoulder piece high and gives the battroid more of a heroic V shape in the torso.

Is the gun on your VF-25G matte coated? BTW I am finishing up processing VF-25G pics.

His pics really are that good, aren't they B? I already had my camera gear but I was inspired to do more and invest in some quality lighting as a result. And even though I'm a die-hard Canon fan, I'm mighty tempted by some of Nikon's recent offerings. Nice purchase on your D5500.

And yes, take some pics!

How's the new lighting working out? Nikons are great cameras, you can't go wrong with either. I went with Canon because it was what I learned on.

*whispers" stick with Canon ;)