Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

I made a filter for phone camera to take possible better pics?

Maybe?

It's was made of clear tape and colored markers..a few layers of each built up..I think it kinda works..let me know..might try some darker blues and purples

IMG_20240724_153343224.jpg

IMG_20240724_153316531.jpg

IMG_20240724_153350043.jpg

On 7/24/2024 at 3:10 PM, nonner242 said:

I made a filter for phone camera to take possible better pics?

Maybe?

It's was made of clear tape and colored markers..a few layers of each built up..I think it kinda works..let me know..might try some darker blues and purples

IMG_20240724_153343224.jpg

IMG_20240724_153316531.jpg

IMG_20240724_153350043.jpg

Looks pretty cool 

On 7/21/2024 at 9:09 PM, Wewyllenium said:

I really like video game ships..huge Darius fan too. 

I have a Gradius Vic Viper that your making me want to make a boss battle scene for😁

But I'm gonna have to figure out what boss and craft it😆

Also have a Assault Suit Leynos/valken and a Xabungle dugger model that I think would fit in the Dougram or Orguss worlds pretty well. man I hate that you guys keep me up at night... 🤔 

I don't have enough time to do all these projects..

Edited by nonner242

Haven‘t posted workbench stuff in a while.

@HWR MKII awesome man!

@nonner242 that is some great work.

@electric indigo looking good!

Here is what I am doing. The kid and I saw folks building mini drift RC cars from Hotwheels on YouTube. So I am having a take on that as well.

I designed a chassis and 3D printed it on my wife’s FDM printer.

IMG_0216.jpeg.ae5245d766394a71f5f7a3ea9fb01569.jpeg
IMG_0220.jpeg.ddec50ca0ffcc2844a0ddecaae624b1b.jpeg

Mini Fig for size comparison.

IMG_0219.jpeg.aeee8e83e487b180bc9e7b38568c4eda.jpeg

Still needs some adjustments here and there in CAD and then I will work on the engine mount. Need to figure out something for the steering, as the rod there (made from a paper clip), is shifting around horizontally.

2 hours ago, Urashiman said:

@HWR MKII awesome man!

Here is what I am doing. The kid and I saw folks building mini drift RC cars from Hotwheels on YouTube. So I am having a take on that as well.

Still needs some adjustments here and there in CAD and then I will work on the engine mount. Need to figure out something for the steering, as the rod there (made from a paper clip), is shifting around horizontally.

Now that looks really fun..I like

16 hours ago, Urashiman said:

@HWR MKII awesome man!

For a Hot Wheels?! Dang that is tiny!

42 minutes ago, Thom said:

For a Hot Wheels?! Dang that is tiny!

I’ve been seeing some of those people he was talking about doing it with little micro machines and tiny cars from train sets. I’d be scared of putting in that much work and just losing the thing 

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I’ve been seeing some of those people he was talking about doing it with little micro machines and tiny cars from train sets. I’d be scared of putting in that much work and just losing the thing 

Need to watch out for the Carpet Monster with those!

@nonner242 I think your filter did the trick! Though it is VERY blue. Maybe adjust the colors in Photoshop or other software?

@electric indigo That Labor is looking COOL!

@HWR MKII NICE paint!

@Urashiman OK, you get BONUS point for COOLNESS AND engineering! That is AWESOME! You better post a video 😁 - MT

Welp..I think I found my colors for the Matchbox SDF1/DYRL merge I'm slowly doing due to crappy weather and work. So I got a few parts painted over weekend.

I REALLY dig the blue so far in person. I also don't think I'm gonna decal or sticker it when done. Maybe just paint the red stripes and weather it?

I also dig the painted finish by far over the original plastic more than I thought I would..looks and feels premium😆

IMG_20240730_164038537.jpg

IMG_20240730_164057772.jpg

IMG_20240730_164117751.jpg

IMG_20240730_164124206.jpg

IMG_20240730_165747243.jpg

Edited by nonner242

26 minutes ago, nonner242 said:

Welp..I think I found my colors for the Matchbox SDF1/DYRL merge I'm slowly doing due to crappy weather and work. So I got a few parts painted over weekend.

I REALLY dig the blue so far in person. I also don't think I'm gonna decal or sticker it when done. Maybe just paint the red stripes and weather it?

I also dig the painted finish by far over the original plastic more than I thought I would..looks and feels premium😆

IMG_20240730_164038537.jpg

IMG_20240730_164057772.jpg

IMG_20240730_164117751.jpg

IMG_20240730_164124206.jpg

IMG_20240730_165747243.jpg

That is a pretty nice looking blue/grey color

Nice job, @nonner242!!

As for me: got back to work on Reliant:

100_0765.JPG.c7e4219f8051acf6cdd06e1b4ee6136f.JPG

But the decals suck major lemons:

100_0766.JPG.fd67de3426bc95bbd0a737e431640808.JPG

They're way too rounded, look like crap and in many cases do not resemble the movie markings.

My printer is down, so I tried pricing stuff online and my eyeballs nearly popped out of my skull. also considered asking R2 about their newest decal sheets for this, but their prices and shipping are about the same as trying for the others. So, this us is pretty much finished and is going into storage along with the Leader-1 kit, the B-wing and a couple of others. I cannot afford any further stress, and this was beginning to aggravate me badly (upon medical advice after my latest seizure).

Just going to watch everyone else for a while; at least you guys can finish projects (unlike me).

1 hour ago, pengbuzz said:

Nice job, @nonner242!!

Thank u buddy!

Just going to watch everyone else for a while; at least you guys can finish projects (unlike me).

I was stuck in that for awhile I feel you. I'm kinda in that place to on the having issues with life and with hobby. I have about 4 projects going in various stages and some will be shelved for a bit too due to a array of issues till a later date.

Yes if it's affecting your health by all means do what's good for you. Stress is a scary thing and hits everyone differently. So take it easy..the shots not going anywhere. Maybe start a season of something you never watched or do something that makes you happy. I always revert back to drawing..lol

Mechs and random crap of course 😆

Hours can go by if I'm brainstorming and puts me in a good state. 

Plus it's fun to make stuff up just cuz why not...

IMG_20120724_124449.jpg

Screenshot_20240730-211324.png

Screenshot_20240730-211254.png

Screenshot_20240730-211217.png

Screenshot_20240730-211235.png

Screenshot_20240730-211211.png

Hey @pengbuzz sorry things are getting too stressed. Models can wait where stress cannot, so take it easy. You know what is best for you. @nonner242 has a good idea, basically change tack and do something else you like for a while. You do some pretty good photo compositing, putting models in space, so maybe hit that for a while?

As for @nonner242 those are some pretty cool drawings!

1 hour ago, Thom said:

Hey @pengbuzz sorry things are getting too stressed. Models can wait where stress cannot, so take it easy. You know what is best for you. @nonner242 has a good idea, basically change tack and do something else you like for a while. You do some pretty good photo compositing, putting models in space, so maybe hit that for a while?

rght now, im backing off from everything. rying to find dcals and parts i need on two different projects leader 1 and relint) nearly blew fuses in my bain, and it's had some bad results. i tried [hotoshop today and nearly thrw my computer acrss the room out of frustraton

i have an appintment with my nurologist later on toda; shes concerned about me so she had her office make an emergency appointment so they can run some tests.

2 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

i have an appintment with my nurologist later on toda; shes concerned about me so she had her office make an emergency appointment so they can run some tests.

Well I hope everything's ok buddy. Just take it easy and do listen to yourself as much as you can. I wish you the best. Hear if ya need to talk 

okay... back from the doctors offce.

bp was very high; had to go to the ER where they gve me meds. did some sans of my head wile there

aparently, there have ben changes n my brain in the past few yeas; still kind f out of it due to a sezure.

dr is concerned about vagus nerve damage (2007) may b complicatng matters

all i wantd was decls for reliant... didn';t figure this would happn; good thin i wasn;t tryig to do wethering!!

going to go lie dow now for  bit. be back later if i can

Edited by pengbuzz

okay... back from the doctors offce.

bp was very high; had to go to the ER where they gve me meds. did some sans of my head wile there

aparently, there have ben changes n my brain in the past few yeas; still kind f out of it due to a sezure.

dr is concerned about vagus nerve damage (2007) may b complicatng matters

all i wantd was decls for reliant... didn';t figure this would happn; good thin i wasn;t tryig to do wethering!!

going to go lie dow now for  bit. be back later if i can

Take it easy on yourself, Pengbuzz, there is only one you! Listen to your Doc!

Also, noting there are a lot of errors in your messaging. Don't know if you were just in a hurry/tired or what, but take note of it.

Be safe, my friend.

1 hour ago, Thom said:

Take it easy on yourself, Pengbuzz, there is only one you! Listen to your Doc!

Also, noting there are a lot of errors in your messaging. Don't know if you were just in a hurry/tired or what, but take note of it.

Be safe, my friend.

That happns when Ive had a seizure ad takes a while t resolve itself. hasnt happened in anwhile, so kind f jarring for flks.

btw: anyone have any 1 537 decals they don't nee? lol

Edited by pengbuzz

That happns when Ive had a seizure ad takes a while t resolve itself. hasnt happened in anwhile, so kind f jarring for flks.

Okay, good to know!

As to decals, don't have any spares, unfortunately. Is the only problem the shape of the letters/numbers? If so, they look alright to me. They do look a little different, but not too much, IMO. Just as reference, here's a pic of the filming model.

n9VjD24.jpeg

3 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Sorry I can’t help on the decals, but really hope you get better soon. Take it easy for a bit, and maybe when you get back to things, maybe a simple kit will help get you through. Personally, I find Bandai is usually good for stress relief kits. Not major work needed and easy to build.

Hey Pengbuz,

The only decals I have are from an original Boxing of the kit, so basically the same as what you have.

I do however have A4 clear decal paper, clear acrylic sealer, afunctioning printer, envelopes and stamps.

No problem to print some decals  up for you if you send me the files.

On the main site here: https://www.starshipmodeler.com/tech/cz_mask.htm

There is a download able set of pretty decent Aztecs for the old kit. I could print those off for you, but if it's marking details you're after I'd need the files.

Don't want to add any stress ( I understand that too many options can become stressful for some folks)- it's just an offer and there's no rush to decide.

Take care.