Arrrgghhh!!! They're everywhere! :lol:

Yeah, Sentinel's my favorite, too. If the arms were a little longer, it might even pass off as a legitimate GERWALK/chicken walker mode.

Megatron ain't too bad either.

Actually, I can get sentinel's arms a to swing around to the front part way, but the black panels get in the way of his shoulder rotation and if I try to move the arms far enough forward to get full arm articulation, it feels like I'm bending parts in way's that they really shouldn't be bent. but all you really need to do is stick a couple large mechtech weapons on his arms (voyager weapons or human alliance basics) and you've got a decent approximation of ED-209 Metal Gear Rex if he was a big red firetruck. :p

The funny thing about Sentinel Prime and Megatron is that they're both way more stable standing up like this than they are in robot mode.

:edit:

I Love mechtech and clip point weapons, I seriously do. :lol:

6190411530_3c45382375_z.jpg

6190411934_1ec6fe3452_z.jpg

mech warrior by Mike Ringot, on Flickr

Edited by anime52k8

Actually, I can get sentinel's arms a to swing around to the front part way, but the black panels get in the way of his shoulder rotation and if I try to move the arms far enough forward to get full arm articulation, it feels like I'm bending parts in way's that they really shouldn't be bent. but all you really need to do is stick a couple large mechtech weapons on his arms (voyager weapons or human alliance basics) and you've got a decent approximation of ED-209 Metal Gear Rex if he was a big red firetruck. :p

The funny thing about Sentinel Prime and Megatron is that they're both way more stable standing up like this than they are in robot mode.

:edit:

I Love mechtech and clip point weapons, I seriously do. :lol:

6190411530_3c45382375_z.jpg

6190411934_1ec6fe3452_z.jpg

mech warrior by Mike Ringot, on Flickr

I AM seriously going to try those transformations on Sentinel! But damn, I should really consider buying one of those HA Basics figs. Whirl makes a pretty kickass mechtech weapon for the leader class toys.

As for bot mode stability, I blame the batteries on Sentinel, and the fact that his feet are about as stable as a two-legged chair.

Megatron? I wouldn't know, since I don't own him. But he doesn't look that unstable to me in bot mode. Sentinel's notorious, though.

I AM seriously going to try those transformations on Sentinel! But damn, I should really consider buying one of those HA Basics figs. Whirl makes a pretty kickass mechtech weapon for the leader class toys.

As for bot mode stability, I blame the batteries on Sentinel, and the fact that his feet are about as stable as a two-legged chair.

Megatron? I wouldn't know, since I don't own him. But he doesn't look that unstable to me in bot mode. Sentinel's notorious, though.

On Sentinel it's the joints in the legs more than anything else. I tried pulling the batteries and he still nose-dived at every opertunity. I finally got fed up and took the feet completely apart to stiffen the joints. I added nail polish and tightened the screws on the toe joints and packed in some paper behind the spring in the ankle ratchet. the result is that the toe now actually supports weight and the ankle stays on the ratchet you set it. Now he'll actually stand up on his own in a neutral stance.

As for Megatron, the problem is that the bottom of the feet aren't flat. The sculpted detail from truck mode and the placement of the toe coupled with the lack of an ankle tilt means that very little of the actual foot is in contact with the ground when you put him in any kind of spread legged poses.

On Sentinel it's the joints in the legs more than anything else. I tried pulling the batteries and he still nose-dived at every opertunity. I finally got fed up and took the feet completely apart to stiffen the joints. I added nail polish and tightened the screws on the toe joints and packed in some paper behind the spring in the ankle ratchet. the result is that the toe now actually supports weight and the ankle stays on the ratchet you set it. Now he'll actually stand up on his own in a neutral stance.

I should try that. Ironically, he's pretty stable in exaggerated poses.

As for Megatron, the problem is that the bottom of the feet aren't flat. The sculpted detail from truck mode and the placement of the toe coupled with the lack of an ankle tilt means that very little of the actual foot is in contact with the ground when you put him in any kind of spread legged poses.

Seems like the direct opposite of Sentinel. Stands well in neutral stance, but can't hold an action pose. In a way, Sentinel has the same problem. Only his toes and heel are in contact with the ground.

For the guys that don't read tfw2005, I'd hop on over if you like movie figs :D

Someone who is in close with Hasbro has confirmed:

2 que/wheeljack deluxe movie figures (a regular and comic inspired headsculpt)

2 dino/mirage deluxe figures (a regular, and a stealth force like one)

Human Alliance Mirage/Dino (unlicensed Ferrari 458 look-a-like)

and later on in posts, a Human Alliance Topspin was confirmed as well, which I am hoping will be weaponized. Good day to

be a fan of movie figs :)

By the way, an after DOTM movieverse figure line similar to HFTD was confirmed as well, which makes sense really, as there was no

way Hasbro was gonna pull the plug on their main cash cow only a semester after the release of their biggest movie yet.

I predict leader Bumblebee. With 3 mold variations and six paintjobs.

Followed by a spinoff series, Transformers: Bumblebee, which features nothing but Bumblebee and his identical twins.

Throttlebots? Or does that not count because Bumblebee was Goldbug at the time?

It's actually purely coincidence that the original toy line went through three Bumblebee molds, much as I'd like to claim it was part of my master plan.

If Hasrbo would occasionally use Goldbug, we'd at least get a LITTLE diversi... well, okay, we'd actually just get another Cliffjumper-style shelfwarmer repaint.

So more satirical comment on the cumulative effect of the movie toy lines and less homage. TF:BB is the obvious next step after the movie lines.

It would star Bumblebee Prime and his cohorts Bumblebee Cliffjumper, and Bumblebee Goldbug, as they fight against the evil Bumblebee Wasp and his Killer 'Bees, the Seekers.

Bumblebee Starscream deposes Bumblebee Wasp and takes command of the Killer 'Bees at the midpoint.

Obviously, Bumblebee Prime can combine with the other two to form Bumblebee Maximus.

And when the ancient warrior Bumblebee Sigma returns, they unlock the final, ultimate combination: BUMBLEBEE SUPREME!

So after much deliberation, and a careful study of online transformation videos, I took a step forward and bought the TRU Hasbro Rodimus. After examining several Rodimi boxes in the store, I chose the one which apparently had the best paint application. Only to find out, as I opened the box, the left arm was broken clear off the shoulder hinge. The remaining piece has the spring still on, but you can see it is obviously broken. I hadn't finished taking it out of the box, and it went right in again. Shall I exchange it for another Rodimus? Or shall I just get my money back and forget about this whole thing?

The way I feel now, I just want my money back. Has anyone experienced this before? With the hasbro Rodimus release?

I do play with my toys and I have never broken anything in the past. I have over 60 yamato valks and none of them have ever broken on me. Heck I even have the old school 1/72 yamie VF-11b and the hips are still intact.

Rodimus was broken inside the box... will this be a warning of things to come?

Edited by vlenhoff

I finally got Wheeljack too and I think he's fantastic.

2 points of critique though :

- The Shoulder hinge joints keep his arms in a raised position.

I HATE short arms and the raised shoulder position only emphasizes his stubby arms.

....so, I just had to sand off the little nubs of those hinge joints, resulting into a more natural pose and longer looking arms. I wouldn't mod the legs though because that would make his thighs too short in relation to his shinlegs.

- The Corvette car mode. Generally speaking, I prefer European style cars over American cars and this case is no exception. Sad to see the renewed Lancia Stratos ( Italian ) being dropped for an American Corvette. It's not as bad in person as I feared it to be, but I'd rather have Wheeljack stay with the Lancia.

So, thanks to my little shoulder mod, I think Wheeljack's robot mode looks even more phenomenal than it already did. Very much recommended.

WJ_03.jpg

Edited by knoted

Exchange it, I havent heard much about broekn arms. I have the Takara release and even that one is holding up pretty well.

I am seriously considering exchanging it. Is this a truly fun toy? I am very doubtful about its play ability value.

thanks for the reply.

I am seriously considering exchanging it. Is this a truly fun toy? I am very doubtful about its play ability value.

thanks for the reply.

I think he is. Rodimus is my first MP-grade toy and I couldn't be happier for the money I spent. Would I have spent the $250 or so for the Takara version? Even with the space winnabego, that'd be stretching it a bit. It's a good, solid, $60 toy that I'm proud to own.

thanks for the reply.

Get a feel for the toy and see if you're comfortable with the transformation, regardless of the broken shoulder. Transforming to car it takes a fair bit of effort and patience as everything has to line up exactly, otherwise it won't look right. (FWIW, Rodimus is my least favorite Masterpiece, and I own all of them).

If the shoulder was broken straight out of the box it may have already been broken by some kid and returned.

Get a feel for the toy and see if you're comfortable with the transformation, regardless of the broken shoulder. Transforming to car it takes a fair bit of effort and patience as everything has to line up exactly, otherwise it won't look right. (FWIW, Rodimus is my least favorite Masterpiece, and I own all of them).

If the shoulder was broken straight out of the box it may have already been broken by some kid and returned.

well, I exchanged it. This time I randomly picked one up from the shelf. The Attendant at TRU naturally said they have had no complaints about this release. They even said a guy bought 7 of them at the same time. I politely told them if this one was broken I would want my money back. I just hope this one is in perfect condition.

I am very impressed with both modes of this toy as seen on the youtube videos. It looks exactly like the one in the TF original movie. I can't wait to see if this one is broken too. I'll report my findings later on. Wish me luck :p

OMG it took me hours to figure this one out. I think the main trick here is getting the feet in the right position while transforming Rodimus into vehicle mode. If you don't get the feet position right, then the hands will not fit at all, as they should. This was a complete mind ****. Excellent collectible in both modes! This was almost as hard as a YF-21/VF-22 imho.

Edited by vlenhoff

Yup. In short, the ankle joints bend much further "in" than you think, and they are STIFF. Plus the instructions are wrong, regarding hand position. Don't make a fist!

Yeah you are not supposed to make a fist. I analysed all the videos. What they fail to tell you is the ankle joint has to be in the exact and correct position. other wise the hand in the "correct" position will not fit at all. For some reason this reminds me of the vf-22 I have. Great piece, and astonishingly styled like the real anime[tf movie] hot rod character.

I would recommend this piece to any Tf fan, but I must say: You have to be gentle, otherwise you will get a fracture.

btw, I still have issues with the leg position on my VF-22. I think it could be a bit better.

Reading more of tfw2005, the Habbro insider has given breath of news regarding a Leader Megs and Shockwave in the follow-up movie line (similar to HFTD), as well as at least two more voyager class figures. Beyond that, apparently, the follow up - line is supposed to be even larger than HFTD, with TONS of new molds and re-paints. We'll see how this goes, but NYCC couldn't be any closer!

Reading more of tfw2005, the Habbro insider has given breath of news regarding a Leader Megs and Shockwave in the follow-up movie line (similar to HFTD), as well as at least two more voyager class figures. Beyond that, apparently, the follow up - line is supposed to be even larger than HFTD, with TONS of new molds and re-paints. We'll see how this goes, but NYCC couldn't be any closer!

That is awesome news. Been hoping for a leader class DOTM Megs ever since I saw him on screen.

Leader Megs is an obviously awesome choice but Soundwave? I mean, how can he transform "more accurately/better" into a big pile of nothing than the Voyager version does?

Make the robot mode better articulated and his legs less flat and hollow?

Well, first of all guys, I'd take all this with a grain of salt, as it comes from a guy who is a "supposed" insider to Hasbro, so there is not actual solid confirmation here, although his news has been super accurate in the past (and he's friends with Michael Bay apparently). I would say his news is fairly accurate, as he is privaleged with interacting with Hasbro a lot, but remember that its not a confirmation or anything until Hasbro comes out and says it lol.

I would say leader Megs is fairly confirmed as in there have been multiple hints at this in the past from more than one "insider". As for Shockwave, the insider stated that he would trasnform into something along the lines of the Voyager tank, so I wouldn't expect much there lol. I don't know about you guys, but I am looking, moreso than the rest, forward to that HA Mirage! Apparently, its supposed to be pretty sleek :)