Dragon Age: Origins

Wanzerfan

Dragon Age: Origins  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Will this game succeed?

• Yes, BioWare has a hit on their hands.
    • No, I hate anything Bioware does with a passion.
    • BioWare? What have those Kanuks released now? (Yes I live under a rock.)

Well, I'm right now in Chapter 1 of the Human Warrior's stroyline, haveing just finished the Origin, and I have to say that I'm qite impressed.

Here's the rundown of my reviews of the game so far:

Combat system: 7/10; basicly they took the Neverwinter Nights combat engine and gave it a major overhaul.

Leveling up system: 8/10; the skill tree is'nt overwhealming and very intuitive.

Story N/A; I haven't played enough of the game to give a review, so I"ll post it later.

Character Creator: 7/10; rather good, not as deep as Oblivion, though.

Vocal talent: 9/10; c'mon, this is BioWare, they definately learned their lessons from the vocal debacle known as Baldur's Gate 1.

Graphics: 8/10 on the X-Box 360; very pretty, but no where as pretty as Mass Effect.

Glitches: 1/10; some minor clipping issues, but what game doesn't have clipping? (trust me, a low score on this scale is a good thing, it measures severity of glitches).

I'll give a full review later on.

BioWare has a hit.

BioWare always has a hit. While I confess to never having really gotten into Baldur's Gate, mostly because I don't seem to think it's aged as well as everyone else seems to think, I've played pretty much everything BioWare's done from Neverwinter Nights on, and I don't think they've ever made a game that wasn't excellent.

You're a little behind, though. We've been chatting up Dragon Age for awhile in the All Things Videogames Thread. Judging from the discussion there, most of us are somewhere between halfway done and totally done.

Well, since my brother just rented the game a few days ago, it stands to reason that I just started my first playthrough of the game (I'm planning on going through all six Origins once we by the game).

Besides, this game deserves it's own thread, don't you think? B))

I do have a question, though, can you use X-BOX 360 gamerpoints to buy downloadable content. If so, once we have our Elite hooked up to the web we have some options open.

The reason why I'm asking is because once we buy the game, I would like to get the Warden's Keep expansion, if only for the loot and new merchants.

Edited by Wanzerfan

I do have a question, though, can you use X-BOX 360 gamerpoints to buy downloadable content. If so, once we have our Elite hooked up to the web we have some options open.

Yes, for the Xbox 360 version. I think you have to buy PSN points for the PS3, and it's EA points for the PC.

The reason why I'm asking is because once we buy the game, I would like to get the Warden's Keep expansion, if only for the loot and new merchants.

The consensus we reached in the other thread is that the Warden's Keep isn't really worth what they're asking for it. If you buy a new copy before April, though, you get the Stone Prisoner content for free. That's worthwhile.