ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

BTW, I just hoped on Mandarake and ordered that UFO prize Asuka and a Figma Mari figure, for some reason the two of them together cost less than the Figma Asuka by itself.

So lesson learned, Never try to pay by credit card on Mandarake. Besides the whole order taking 3 days to process and every one of the Sega Asuka figures they had disappearing from their inventory, They won't accept my CC info because of some stupid varified by visa crap that I've never seen pop up anywhere online that I've used my credit card before. tried multiple times on two different cards and could not get it to work. Now I'm waiting on them to change my payment option to paypal...

anybody ordering this?

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-000069

looks neat.

wonder if there's an Asuka...

Asuka version came in December last year:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-6148

I don't even like Rei so no interest in that one, but I'd have a hard time resisting the Auska even though it's crazy expensive, I don't have the money to pay for it, and I don't think I've got room for it anyways.

post-4286-0-76631100-1368849998_thumb.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

Asuka version came in December last year:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-6148

I don't even like Rei so no interest in that one, but I'd have a hard time resisting the Auska even though it's crazy expensive, I don't have the money to pay for it, and I don't think I've got room for it anyways.

attachicon.gifFIG-MOE-6148.jpg

WOW!

If only I'd known about that Asuka then...

:hail:

i don't have any Asuka's nor have i watched Evangelion.

i like this though, but have yet to find one:

asuka-langley-soryu-05.jpg

i like this other one too, except the face is a bit goofy and the rear view is too.. er.. detailed.

Asuka-Motorcycle.jpg

I was hoping some company would release a finished pre-painted version of the first one. I guess that never happened. One day I might get a kit and put it together. Provided the instructions are clear. Painting is another matter however.

I'm waiting for them to show up at US retailers, They'll probably be cheaper that way.

Like I said, cheaper through US retailers:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=figuarts%20daft%20punk&utm_source=retail_news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BigBadToyStore-Retail&utm_content=

I'm attending anime boston right now, and I'm kinda shocked at how the figure world is kinda upside down right now. Good resin complete figures are going for $60-120 and pvc's are going for 150+!

Still I did get some good deals like the Petra(funny knights?) Figure, and a queens blade figure of Sigui holding her staff above her head. To close out my figure purchases was a revoltech Leina figure I stubled across for around $40. I'll have pictures in the coming week once the con is over and I'm rested.

Soooooooo....... which one of you guys dressed as the SDF-1?

^^^That's a hot score man. The guy who didn't like the price probably doesn't like girls or something...

Do you guys think its worth going back and getting the red variant of Petra? I'm not a big fan of paint varian, but its the same price. I'm very close to also pulling the trigger on the Futari ni omakase police woman figure. Its from Hiroki Yagami the G-taste guy, resin, and its only $60. The only problem is there are tons of other things I want to buy, even though I already have the other statue in the set.

If you collect figures with any kind of regularity, at some point you WILL end up with at least one Tamaki figure in your collection. it's just law of averages.

Well I decided not to get the Petra variant or the Hiroki Yagami figure. Instead I got the pink variant of this...

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?oldscode=84927

Yep, its a Tamaki figure. I didn't know it when I bought it(marked $120 got it for $60) I just really liked the look of it. When I finally took a better look and saw the series and character name all I could think was "Son of ***** was right". Up to this point I didn't own a single Tamaki figure and I've been collecting for ove 10 years.

Edited by renegadeleader1

Do you guys think its worth going back and getting the red variant of Petra? I'm not a big fan of paint varian, but its the same price. I'm very close to also pulling the trigger on the Futari ni omakase police woman figure. Its from Hiroki Yagami the G-taste guy, resin, and its only $60. The only problem is there are tons of other things I want to buy, even though I already have the other statue in the set.

Depends on how much you love that particular figure. If funds are an issue I would avoid variants so I could keep my collection diversified. BUT, if your mouth waters at the mere thought of a particular girl and her figure then give in to the lust and get the variant. I "sort of" felt the same way about that one Mai Shiranui statue from Max Factory; the standard red Mai is the woman of my dreams, but having her again in a black or blue was almost too impossible to resist...

Edited by myk

Well I decided not to get the Petra variant or the Hiroki Yagami figure. Instead I got the pink variant of this...

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?oldscode=84927

Yep, its a Tamaki figure. I didn't know it when I bought it(marked $120 got it for $60) I just really liked the look of it. When I finally took a better look and saw the series and character name all I could think was "Son of ***** was right". Up to this point I didn't own a single Tamaki figure and I've been collecting for ove 10 years.

:p

Have I ever mentioned that the first figure I ever bought was a Tamaki figure?

i couldn't find any anime car threads so just leaving this here:

post-6173-0-59193700-1369813387_thumb.jpg

3 different sources and they arrived the same day :D

these will be the first of my new collection of "iconic" cars featured in anime. i already have an F40 which showed up in more than one anime but haven't decided whether i should display it with these guys or with the rest of the Ferraris.

the top one is rather obscure. i wonder who here can recognize it.

the middle is a dead give away.

the bottom should be familiar to members here. it'll take a bit of work to make it anime accurate.

this one is still in transit, and will take the most work (full body repaint):

2rgmg55.jpg

any other nominations for this collection?

Including Transformers' and Gyrozetter's cars? Or no? No transformable cars/ robots?

There are many cars appear in Initial D, Wangan Midnight and an old anime "Yoroshiku, Mecha Doc."

Honda Today and Moto-Compo bike and others in "You're Under Arrest" (逮捕しちゃうぞ).

In Nyan-Cli, Sheryl's Ferrari California.

In K-on!, Sawako Yamanaka's Suzuki Wagon R, Akiyama Family's Fiat Panda, Hirasawa Family's Nissan Cedric.

In Tiger & Bunny, Barnaby's Honda NSX, Ojisan's Isuzu Bighorn, Nathan's Ferrari.

Production IG's Mercedes Benz Type A-Class CM

Audi in Spirited Away

Fiat 500 and Mercedes Benz SSK in Lupin III

MINI Cooper in City Hunter

Subaru Vivio and Suzuki Wagon R in Lucky Star

And the others... I can't remember any more under the circumstances...

the bottom should be familiar to members here. it'll take a bit of work to make it anime accurate.

1, Read the Ghost in the Shell Arise Thread.

2, The characters are printed on the Box Art.

3, In MF.

The last yellow one is what the character at "2" was driving before the white one. In the anime, blue one. And in the movie edition, she didn't complain about the roan thing. I also recognized it, so "You are (not) alone."

i couldn't find any anime car threads so just leaving this here:

3 different sources and they arrived the same day :D

these will be the first of my new collection of "iconic" cars featured in anime. i already have an F40 which showed up in more than one anime but haven't decided whether i should display it with these guys or with the rest of the Ferraris.

they all have metal bodies?

I'm sure Initial D has quite a few offerings for you. I only have one 1:24 scale AE-86 Panda, Tak's first car, but it's pretty cool...

I'm sure Initial D has quite a few offerings for you. I only have one 1:24 scale AE-86 Panda, Tak's first car, but it's pretty cool...

Yeah... AE86 is a so old car, but Takumi beats many opponents. Well, Even Keisuke's FD was released about 20 years ago, not to speak of Ryosuke's FC.

To the best of my knowledge, all of the cars in the comics/ anime have been Japanese cars? If you like American cars more, I recommend Wangan Midnight. C6 Vette ZR-1.

Thanks to the anime, I like CGs. I never say "Ah, the CG sh*t, so this one is no good."

Edited by antibiotictab

Has Bean Bandit's (Riding Bean) super GT ever been released in kit or diecast form in any scale?... that one is rather Iconic. And from the same Manga/Anime there is the 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500 (also in Gunsmith Cats).

BTW, love the Renault Alpine... lovely lines.

Edited by mechaninac

thanks for the suggestions, guys.

i was initially only thinking of sports cars, but now i think including including normal cars would be fun too. i also haven't thought of bikes at all, but this one is now on top of my want list:

moto1.jpg

might be difficult to find it in 1/18 scale though, much less diecast. so i might have to relax those collection rules a bit.

among those mentioned above, these piqued my interest and hope to track them down:

930398_20120812031725.jpgkei_ssk.jpg

291-300x168.jpgGunsmithCats.jpgferrari-+california+(11).jpgmaterial_04.gif0302b.jpg

and while googling your suggestions, i also came across these:

25882-195080-20130306202146.jpgnise10p.jpg

this one came up while looking for Lupin's SSK, but not sure if it was actually in the anime as well:

mercedes-benz-ssk-count-trossi.png

christmas is still 6 months away and i already know it's going to be expensive

10229761.jpg10229762.jpg

on an OT note, have you guys ever had your car model tires stick to the surface they're resting on? i have a few F1 models where the tires seem to have melted the plastic base they were in contact with, and a few on laminated wood shelves (think Ikea) where they left some residue. i'm thinking it's a plastic to plastic reaction (the laminate is still a plastic, i think). so would placing them on glass shelves prevent this?

FYI we've got thread specifically for 1:6 scale figures: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=12897

And for that matter I feel like all this model car talk would be more apropriate in either the Automotive thread: ( http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35129 ) or in it's own dedicated thread.