CW4Kids reairing the original Yu-Gi-Oh.

Wanzerfan

Par for the course, the bastards over there are starting with the Second Japanese series, billing it as the first episode of the series. No doubt they're airing the cut version of the series. So for those of you who missed it the first time it aired, now you have a chance to catch it. I bailed on it when I found out the freaking thing was cut.

No doubt Seto will be in this thread to set things straight for you rookies out there. Feel free to give all the nice, juicy details of the uncut version of the series, Seto.

Par for the course, the bastards over there are starting with the Second Japanese series, billing it as the first episode of the series. No doubt they're airing the cut version of the series. So for those of you who missed it the first time it aired, now you have a chance to catch it. I bailed on it when I found out the freaking thing was cut.

No doubt Seto will be in this thread to set things straight for you rookies out there. Feel free to give all the nice, juicy details of the uncut version of the series, Seto.

I caught a few episodes back when it aired the first time, when I was still in college. I gave up on it pretty fast. I found the idea of people settling their differences through elaborate card games to be even more ridiculous than people settling their differences by having animals stored in little balls duke it out.

I caught a few episodes back when it aired the first time, when I was still in college. I gave up on it pretty fast. I found the idea of people settling their differences through elaborate card games to be even more ridiculous than people settling their differences by having animals stored in little balls duke it out.

It's even more ridiculous than villages sending out squads of child ninjas to settle differences.

What he said.

Taksraven :ph34r: :ph34r:

I felt it was NOTHING more than an animated instruction manual for the game. (having viewed about 1.5 eps) No plot, even as merchandise-selling kids anime goes. "Oh no, someone has used the so-and-so card in a type B situation! What should I do? I'll use the new counter-cards that just came out this month (packed 1-in-4) in the following pattern." "And in this dream-sequence, I'll show what viewers at home should do if type C situation had occurred instead".

About as interesting as the DOS 3.0 manual...

Damnit, this is MacrossWorld, we're too freakin' old to give a crap about yu-gi-oh. Hell, I care more about the shitty VR Troopers series, or the Samurai Super Cyber Lawrence Bros's, or the Big Bad Jay Lenno Clown Beetle Borgs than freakin' Yu-Gi-Oh, and I don't give a crap about those shows either!

Dunno why you're invoking my name... I didn't really have any use for the animated series in its original format, and certainly not after 4Kids got done making a Macekre out of it. I did follow the manga for the first few volumes, back when the main character could best be described as a sadistic, supernaturally-empowered, schizophrenic serial killer-slash-vigilante who makes Death Note's Light Yagami look like a model of mental health. For a while it was mildly diverting watching him subject anyone who crossed him a harrowing supernatural game of strategy they had no chance of winning, and then torturing, mutilating, or murdering them when they lost. (No surprises that when they animated that part, it got left out of the US release... there was just no way for 4Kids to make the mass-murdering sociopath of a protagonist kid-friendly)

Damnit, this is MacrossWorld, we're too freakin' old to give a crap about yu-gi-oh. Hell, I care more about the shitty VR Troopers series, or the Samurai Super Cyber Lawrence Bros's, or the Big Bad Jay Lenno Clown Beetle Borgs than freakin' Yu-Gi-Oh, and I don't give a crap about those shows either!

I'm Gubaba and I approve this message.

I felt it was NOTHING more than an animated instruction manual for the game. (having viewed about 1.5 eps) No plot, even as merchandise-selling kids anime goes. "Oh no, someone has used the so-and-so card in a type B situation! What should I do? I'll use the new counter-cards that just came out this month (packed 1-in-4) in the following pattern." "And in this dream-sequence, I'll show what viewers at home should do if type C situation had occurred instead".

About as interesting as the DOS 3.0 manual...

Really? There's actual rules? From the way the show presented the game it just seemed like an elaborate anime version of calvinball and they just made crap up every week.