How good is the 1/100 Glaug kit?

regult

I've come across the kit recently, and the box looked so new it should have been the re-release.

Anyway, as some of you may already know, I'm not exactly an expert modeler, so I'd like to know how good the kit comes together, what's the size, and if any of you have a completed or unassembled example, how does it look. Thanks in advance.

The kit is OK, but the fit is poor by today's standards. This kit was probably made from the same mold as the ones from the early 1980s. The parts were not made with computer aided design so expect the parts not to fit too well.

I built one of these, 25th Anniversary Editon re-release, last year. It took some effort to sand down the mismatching surfaces and then filling in the gaps. Here is the result.

post-7534-1244435768_thumb.jpeg

The boxart might be new but the contents are old school type models, so expect to pull out all the accessories and tools to build it!

This is not your average pre-coloured, gapless, glueless, snap-fit together Gundam kit!

Well, the box art should be the same as the original version, I meant the box was so new, that it looked factory fresh...

Miriya is so right: if this model kit requires a lot of skills (which I lack), then it's doomed to become poop in my clumsy hands. I can slap together a modern Bandai gunpla (...not into Gundam really, should I say "macrosspla" instead?) and even apply waterslide decals properly (which will eventually peel off during transformation and handling!), but gaps, re-engraving panel lines, painting, coating, etc. are not my fare.

I guess I can only make poop out of this old kit, to paraphrase miriya! :p

Ron, that Glaug looks amazing. I tried to build the same kit and it looks like poo poo. It is a true master who can make gold out of poo.

Thanks Miriya,

I bought this kit thinking that Bandai might have upgraded it to modern plastic model standards. But it was a handfull. :wacko: