Repairing Banpresto's Klan Klan in flight suit

regult

Hi folks! Some of you probably have read this thread about my probably QC-rejected Banpresto Klan figure. I got this from "the underbelly of toy retail" in Hong Kong (it was just one shop in Monkok's Richmond111) and I there was no helmet...so I cannot ask for a replacement from the "normal channels".

Let me ask the experts on model making what's the best way to fix this otherwise magnificent display piece. I am sure many of you have quite a lot of experience with Banpresto figures, I am not even sure what they're made of...Pictures attached illustrate the issues described below.

1) left hair "pony tail" was not properly glued and got detached, material is soft (or rubbery) to the touch and fully painted with what I think is acrylic paint.

2) right leg is cracked, still attached (with some glue smudges) but there is a visible crack and there is nothing other than the thin "shell" of the figure holding it together, the "boot" is just glued along the boot/thigh joint line. The thigh seems rubbery too. the leg feels different, more like plastic or resin.

3) left "boot" is completely detached, but since there is a long "insert" from the thigh inside the boot, the figure can actually stand (with feet plugged to the display base) without these pieces being glued together, this leg seems to be resin or plastic too, it's not as "rubbery" as the torso or hair.

I have no experience with this kind of figures, I don't know if superglue (Loctite gel) is appropriate or what should I use to bond these different materials, especially the legs, because the figure's torso+hair is really hefty, but the legs are actually just plastic or resin "tubes" (yes, they're hollow) that need to be plugged into the display stand to achieve balance on this head-heavy figure).

Help please!!

post-9400-1238403393_thumb.jpg

post-9400-1238403415_thumb.jpg

post-9400-1238403431_thumb.jpg

Edited by regult

Here is the figure towering over Alto Saotome in his SMS uniform. Klan looks fine as is, but I am afraid the crack on the right leg will worsen with the weight of the torso and eventually fall off the stand. Suggestions on what type of glue are VERY welcome, please give me more data than just a brand, because for instance, there is no "Future" polish in Hong Kong (goes by another name?)

post-9400-1238403913_thumb.jpg

Edited by regult

Whew! Talk about a BIG girl (that works on many levels) :lol: Carefully clean the areas so there is no dirt or fingerprints, and use super glue. That's what it looks like to me. - MT

Thanks MechTech for the input (and Vostok on the other discussion), I have used Loctite Gel (superglue), and apparently that worked perfectly fine. Klan is now standing again with boots and hair safely glued in place, only the original smudges from the factory (or previous repair attempt?) are still visible, my work was clean!