Macross Books

Penguin

Thanks already have 3 books! the first and fourth book you posted was the ones I was missing so wanted to make sure there was only five!

Ordered them earlier from Amazon.co.jp! Thanks for the pics! 👍🏻

22 minutes ago, grogall said:

@jvmacross Is this one different from book 5 that you posted? then that would be 6!? 

Nah, that's a draft cover for the fifth book.  Notice the year on the cover says "20xx".

Granted, there is kind of a sixth book... really a "0th" book... which is the original "Sky Angels" VF-1 tech manual doujinshi that Masahiro Chiba published back in 1984 and which Variable Fighter Master File is a spiritual successor to.

Hello everyone. Hope you are doing good.

In case you are still waiting for Mr. Mikimoto's "Macross Characters Art Book" you may find this interesting (sorry for the rough translation...).

Regards

"I'm currently working on "Macross Picture Book", Until recently, I and the publisher Mr./Ms. were aware that it would be released this summer.
There are also changes in the work schedule due to KADOKAWA Mr./Ms.'s internal circumstances.

We are in the process of making adjustments for the release next spring.

As an art book, it is likely to be voluminous. In order to make up for the many lost drawings, with the cooperation of the editor and the printing house, we are just entering the final stage of selecting and composing the published Mr./Ms..

We apologize for the delay in release every time we report it, but we appreciate it if you can wait.

Thank you for your continued support."

Source: Photo Diary » 2024.6.24 "Genron Cafe Talk Show" has ended, and "Macross Art Book" has ended. (mikimotoharuhiko.com)

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Anyone know what this is?

I believe it’s a Macross Encyclopedia.image.png.f0f8952fe4618b9ead8b4be4a280af47.png

Here's the info:

@jvmacross did a short write up a few pages back..

Edited by MKT

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Shawn said:

I still have not picked up the previous issue...guess I'll wait to combine a shipment with both

Nevermind...I guess I did...

https://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/29133-macross-books/?do=findComment&comment=1686918

Edited by jvmacross

8 hours ago, Shawn said:

image.png.7d8381edfa6190f3ffcf5625bd0f3cec.png

I'd be more interested in hearing from the toy designers and merchandising folks during the SDFM-DYRL era....and not another interview with the same three creators....by now we all know how Macross started...I want to know about how it was promoted and merchandised for profit...lol

Anyone found scans of that new Figure King? Mine is en route but going to be another week to get here.
Just wondering if they have anything neat.

In one of the older issues they covering the origins of the Taka vf-1 there was mention of another prototype or something, but they had forgotten it.

11 hours ago, Shawn said:

Anyone found scans of that new Figure King? Mine is en route but going to be another week to get here.
Just wondering if they have anything neat.

In one of the older issues they covering the origins of the Taka vf-1 there was mention of another prototype or something, but they had forgotten it.

️ I second that request, if someone could post some images would really be appreciated! 

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

Is the HCM with the gears supposed to be some sort of auto-transformer or something? Hard to see what the text is referring to 

It's just showing the points of articulation for the transformation.

Interesting...guess they gave up on it working for the HCM and applied the pull-back 'walking' action to the Paro Valkyrie?

large.20200428_225331.jpg.55fdea110da76d

...actually, it may be the other way around, as the Paro's were released before the HCM....but the HCM was 'conceived' under Takatoku's watch but sadly they went BK before they had a chance to release it....too bad Bandai, at the time, did not do much with their newly acquired Macross licenses....imagine HCM Super O's and Elint's...;)

Edited by jvmacross

A little info on the SD ver. This is a great mag, highly recommend it.
Kawamori also mentions the HCM High Tail Fin in battroid problem-he said they only got 2-3 QA passes at it before it went to production, so they literally just ran out of time to tell them to fix it. Crazy.

image.png.720a733eb20e004b7a50266dfbf1342c.png

image.png.a1e8fc7751b1d8366232a9ff45728a83.png

6 minutes ago, Major Tom said:

more scan. and I wouldn't mind getting that Strike VF-1S Focker

20240905_183321.jpg

20240905_183403.jpg

20240905_183449.jpg

Yeah...would be nice if something could have been released for the 40th DYRL Anniversary....but after google translating the blurb...seems the writer of the article just cobbled one together using the SSP from the old school Bandai Hi-Metal 1/55 release from...one can still hope...:rolleyes: