My first 1/48 Valkyrie and super parts.

D15C0RD

I've always been a big Macross/Robotech fan and have alway wanted a Valkyrie since I was a kid. I just bought a DYRL Hikaru VF-1S and Super/Strike parts and I love it.

The problem is although it seems to be in perfect condition the back pack is extremely loose with strike parts and neck piece attached. I can get it to stay as long as I don't move it , but as soon as I do the back pack falls backwards.

I have reread the instructions and looked here for help. It seems the backpack (BP1) won't secure into the back (BC2) because it doesn't have any tabs. Is there any way to fix this?

I was wondering if the GBP neck piece works any better because I was thinking of buying some GBP/TV hands and side covers anyway.

post-9340-1217043483_thumb.jpg

Yeah the back collar piece should look "sunken inward". Maybe these bits that were there to hold it up, wore off? Do you see the lumps that are there on the back piece? Or just a smooth surface?

vf1s2wy4.jpg

^Is that little thing worn off?

Also check on the back if the thing that sticks out of the hole in the back isn't sticking out. Sometime people forget to fold that part so that it's not protruding out.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Thanks for the quick answers. I have pushed back in as far it will go and it is "sunken inward". The problem is there no "click" because there is no tabs to hold in place. There are no lumps there it just a smooth surface.

Ahh I seem to remember a long time ago a mention that yamato might have shaved that bit off thinking it was a defect! :D

I don't know if that was true or not but it might explain why yours is smooth. Yes the GBP does have a "chair" that covers the gap at the top of your valk which also adds extra reinforcement. Try that.

What you could do is superglue a piece of plastic there. Say a portion of a tooth from a fine-tooth comb?

Thanks for the info Lurker. That's one hell of a snafu on their part. :blink:

Is there any difference between the GBP chair and the super parts chair? Ie: the pieces that go behind the neck.

Wow that comb/super glue idea is brilliant. I'll definitely have to try that.

Edited by D15C0RD

I've never actually done that. Just a suggestion. So if it fails don't blame me hehe.

Maybe use a piece of that twist tie that comes with transformers figures? See how that goes.

Maybe you might even have to sand it down to give it a rounded shape on the surface and a flat shape on the base that will be glued.

Hi,

My VF-1S Hikaru also has the same problem, there is no peg for the Fast Packs. I just put some white glue on it, to " ACT " as a peg and wait till it dried.

Edited by Alain

I have two Hikaru VF-1S with the same problem (both came without those little pegs).

All you have to do is push the back hatch in, and secure it with the Backpack white "support clip" (same as the GBP grey neck piece) that comes with the Fast Packs set ;)

Is there any difference between the GBP chair and the super parts chair? Ie: the pieces that go behind the neck.

There actually is a difference. All the GBP-1S "chairs" (refering to all versions) I own attach better than that of the Super Strike Packs. Also the sculpts between the two are slightly different.

...and welcome to macrossworld

Thanks for the info Lurker. That's one hell of a snafu on their part. :blink:

...and welcome to Yamato-world...

Ahh I seem to remember a long time ago a mention that yamato might have shaved that bit off thinking it was a defect! :D
My VF-1S Hikaru also has the same problem, there is no peg for the Fast Packs.
I have two Hikaru VF-1S with the same problem (both came without those little pegs).
This was a QC issue with the reissue Hikaru 1S and 1A. I had two Hikaru 1S and both were missing the tabs as well. I don't think all the reissue batches were affected but quite a few of them were.

I'm Kind of relieved that I'm not the only one with that problem.

What you could do is superglue a piece of plastic there. Say a portion of a tooth from a fine-tooth comb?
I just put some white glue on it, to " ACT " as a peg and wait till it dried.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions guys.I'll try Alain's idea after work tonight. If that doesn't work I'll try lurkers idea.

There actually is a difference. All the GBP-1S "chairs" (refering to all versions) I own attach better than that of the Super Strike Packs. Also the sculpts between the two are slightly different.

thanks for the info. I just ordered a GBP-1S "chair along with hands and side covers from SILVERDRAGON. Hopefully that'll help.

welcome to macrossworld
...and welcome to Yamato-world...

and thanks for making me feel welcome.

It's funny. I was fiddling with my VF-1S Hikaru and once I got the the chair/backpack support set right it became very secure. I tipped it backwards and the fast packs stayed in place. I didn't even have to glue anything. :D

This is what it should look like when you have the neck piece/back pack support set right.

post-9340-1217189131_thumb.jpgpost-9340-1217189121_thumb.jpgpost-9340-1217189110_thumb.jpg