Mass Effect

I think it largely depends on how you treated people in ME1. Ashley shed at least some of her xenophobia by the end. Wrex started out as being only in it for himself, but through his interactions with Shepard he finds something bigger than himself to care for. At the same time though, they all have their own agendas, as Joker said, they were Shepard's team, he was the glue that held that group together.

Seriously though, one could at least theorize that surviving squadmates might have kept in limited contact. Everytime Shepard bumps into an old friend though, they are shocked he's even alive. It isn't perfect, because certain characters obviously know eachother, but I can let it slide for some of the specialty dialogue you can get with certain mission/team combos.

I have news on the Mass Effect 2 front.

For those of you who have access to the Cerberus Network, a few goodies are going to be coming your way today. I present to you the Cerberus Assault Armor and the M-22a Eviscerator Shotgun. I'm going to be downloading these puppies tonight for my brother.

Edited by Wanzerfan

I have news on the Mass Effect 2 front.

For those of you who have access to the Cerberus Network, a few goodies are going to be coming your way today. I present to you the Cerberus Assault Armor and the M-22a Eviscerator Shotgun. I'm going to be downloading these puppies tonight for my brother.

2PM EST, I believe. We were discussing them on the last page. :)

New pics of figures---Shep includes a helmet to cover his sucky face sculpt. :)

http://www.figures.com/forums/news/9836-ma...res-update.html

Wave 2 better have Samara, and Morinth.

I mean, Samara's black repaint IS Morinth. 2 characters from one sculpt. From what I've been able to check, there are NO differences between Morinth and Samara in the black outfit---I was actually hoping there'd be SOMETHING, even if it was just the forehead plates color etc. Asking for a new body mold with Samara's head sculpt to make a commando Mornith is just wishful thinking though--but I'd buy multiples

Also, since nearly every alternate outfit is merely a color change, every character has a quick and easy repaint for a future wave. Though Miranda may actually need a sculpt change, unless they cheap out and make her deafult outfit "smooth", or somehow print the hexagon pattern. And Mordin's is so subtle it'd be kind of a waste to make (same for Thane).

Heck no. For level 50-59 vs level 49, you'll start at level 3 instead of level 2, and maybe get 500 more eezo. Getting to level 60 from 49 is impossible, you'd have to play twice more.

Now, if you want to play through just to "refresh" the story in your mind and delve deeply into the dialogue and sidequests to enrich the ME 2 experience, then I highly recommend that. But do not do a quick, plot-essential-only runthrough.

Actually you start at level 5 if I remember right. But unless you are planning a complete playthrough on insanity (or possibly hardcore) you wont level cap in a single run, especially a pure story one.

You don't start at level 5 unless you are level 60 in ME1.

Heck no. For level 50-59 vs level 49, you'll start at level 3 instead of level 2, and maybe get 500 more eezo. Getting to level 60 from 49 is impossible, you'd have to play twice more.

Now, if you want to play through just to "refresh" the story in your mind and delve deeply into the dialogue and sidequests to enrich the ME 2 experience, then I highly recommend that. But do not do a quick, plot-essential-only runthrough.

Thanks, DH. I was playing thru again for kicks anyway, but w/ a renegade femshep this time. Wondered if I should be using my paragon... At the beginning of the game, it takes what, an hour or 2 to get to level 5? Yeah, not worth it!

Finished it for a 2nd time with Paragon Shepard and the 200k you get on your second play through is still not enough to buy everything. Though, the Upcoming DLC with some new missions should fix that.

My level 60 ME1 Renegade Shepard starts out with 350k, though, because they add import bonuses to ME2 game completion bonuses. B))

Finished it for a 2nd time with Paragon Shepard and the 200k you get on your second play through is still not enough to buy everything. Though, the Upcoming DLC with some new missions should fix that.

My level 60 ME1 Renegade Shepard starts out with 350k, though, because they add import bonuses to ME2 game completion bonuses. B))

only 2 upgrades left!!!! 60k a piece. note i didnt buy any fish

Already finished up. I got all the upgrades but the game doesn't sense all of them.

like heavy weapon upgrade 6/6 but i found all seven.

There is one optional for Heavy Weapons and Assault Rifles (because of Zaeed's loyalty mission, you get a different one depending on Para/Rene). But once its capped, its capped.

Yeah, that happened with FF VII too. :)

PS, keep forgetting to mention this: It's very easy to miss Shepard's private bathroom.

Yeah, I found his private head after taking care of all the loose ends on the Citidel.

I have a question, though. Should I pick up Zaeed before going for the Salarian scientist? I'm asking since he's right there in the docking bay right after disembarking the Normandy SR2.

Edited by Wanzerfan

I have a question, though. Should I pick up Zaeed before going for the Salarian scientist? I'm asking since he's right there in the docking bay right after disembarking the Normandy SR2.

I don't see why you wouldn't.