1/48 Angel Birds Head Swap

eriku

I'm planning on doing a head transplant on my 1/48 Angel Birds Yammie when I get it. I haven't decided between J or S yet, but I'm wondering which color head to order (from Silver Dragon) to best match the plastic. I've only seen the Angel Birds in pics and it appears to be a very stark white. Would it be best to go for the "white for customizing" head or the "valk white" head? I'm even considering putting a blue Max head on it but I'm not sure how the colors would match up. I'd like to avoid painting because I've seen elephants do better work with a brush than what I'm capable of.

I'm planning on doing a head transplant on my 1/48 Angel Birds Yammie when I get it. I haven't decided between J or S yet, but I'm wondering which color head to order (from Silver Dragon) to best match the plastic. I've only seen the Angel Birds in pics and it appears to be a very stark white. Would it be best to go for the "white for customizing" head or the "valk white" head? I'm even considering putting a blue Max head on it but I'm not sure how the colors would match up. I'd like to avoid painting because I've seen elephants do better work with a brush than what I'm capable of.

That's a good question. I was wondering the same about the head color. Ruskii has a AB with a 1S head on it if I remember correctly. Maybe he will chime in and confirm.

:ph34r:

Ah yes, I forgot he had the clear armor on there, too. I might have to straight up copy that. :D

Now I just need to A: Get my freakin AB from HLJ already and B: figure out which head to get!

Edited by eriku

Ah yes, I forgot he had the clear armor on there, too. I might have to straight up copy that. :D

Now I just need to A: Get my freakin AB from HLJ already and B: figure out which head to get!

It is a VERY cool look! I'm certain that Ruskii will chime in at some point today. He is in Aus. so he may just be waking up. We'll see.

lol hang on i'll see what i can drag up. :p

yes, the 1S head kicks the 1A heads ass (that's logical thinkin der).

In fact i'll be grabbing an extra 1S head just for the Angel from Silverdragon once my friend is ready to combine our order...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Found it!

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...26&hl=Final

The head was from my Hikky 1S, you'll see the 1A Hikky as prof. :p (only got '2' Hikky 1S)

Coolio! I wanted to see all those pics again. THANKS! There ya go eriku....the white color seems fine with that....and the VF-1S Hikky is "valk white" I gather.

Awesome pics, ruskii, thanks for posting those again! I'll probably go for the "valk white" head. Question: Do Silver Dragons heads come with the clear eye pieces? If so, is it possible to get blue? I'm also assuming the lasers need to be painted.

Question: Do Silver Dragons heads come with the clear eye pieces? If so, is it possible to get blue? I'm also assuming the lasers need to be painted.

See there....I was wondering the same thing. I was going to ask him next time he PMed me but I think I may just PM him anyways. Let me know if you find out anything and I will let you know as well.

Awesome pics, ruskii, thanks for posting those again! I'll probably go for the "valk white" head. Question: Do Silver Dragons heads come with the clear eye pieces? If so, is it possible to get blue? I'm also assuming the lasers need to be painted.

PM him man, i can't remember but think you can buy green, blue, red, and maybe yellow, but deffinently clear.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ha, I never noticed the school girl resemblance before. Now I'll have to track down a 1/6 scale Sakura (from Street Fighter) head to put on it. Are there any valk hands that are giving the peace sign? :D

Edited by eriku

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=25947

You would be correct my friend. :p

I don't think these were designed to be cycled to battroid, just for airshows to impress the public! :p

:lol: THAT'S GREAT! I cannot wait till I get mine. I think I will be putting a 1S head on it to make it even badder! THANKS for the girly pic mate! I love it!