Earth in the Frontier timeline, and other questions

Nerroth

Hi.

My introduction to the Macross setting is mainly via Frontier, so I'm not too sure about how things went in the earlier series, but I was curious about what the exact status of Earth, or the rest of the Sol system, is by the time of Frontier.

Is Earth now completely uninhabitable, or is it in a bad strategic location compared to any large interstellar neighbours, or are there still some humans who remain on or around Earth - who might be in contact with the colony fleets?

Has the Sol system been completely evacuated at this stage, or are there colonies on Mars, Europa or any other bodies within the system?

Oh, and do the Terran fleets have some form of FTL comm net, or do they have to rely on message boats and foldspace-drive-equipped runners to transfer information from fleet to fleet, or to and from any colony worlds established by the Terran diaspora?

And one last question - aside from the Terrans, Zentraedi and Vajra, are there any other known interstellar factions, races or civilisations in the setting - and can it be assumed that it's a big enough galaxy for there to be a lot of potential space for such powers to exist, but are yet to be contacted?

Hi.

My introduction to the Macross setting is mainly via Frontier, so I'm not too sure about how things went in the earlier series, but I was curious about what the exact status of Earth, or the rest of the Sol system, is by the time of Frontier.

Is Earth now completely uninhabitable, or is it in a bad strategic location compared to any large interstellar neighbours, or are there still some humans who remain on or around Earth - who might be in contact with the colony fleets?

Has the Sol system been completely evacuated at this stage, or are there colonies on Mars, Europa or any other bodies within the system?

Oh, and do the Terran fleets have some form of FTL comm net, or do they have to rely on message boats and foldspace-drive-equipped runners to transfer information from fleet to fleet, or to and from any colony worlds established by the Terran diaspora?

And one last question - aside from the Terrans, Zentraedi and Vajra, are there any other known interstellar factions, races or civilisations in the setting - and can it be assumed that it's a big enough galaxy for there to be a lot of potential space for such powers to exist, but are yet to be contacted?

WOW! Good questions. I would answer them but I know I would be wrong. I am interested in the answers as well.

:ph34r: