The Random Toys thread

Maybe this is just me on this board, but when asked what my primary 'geek passion' or whatever you want to call it is, I would say Ima toy collector. yeah im a big Macross fan, aI love comics and anime and Sci Fi and all that, but when it comes down to where most of my $$ goes, it's toys of some description. Usually, but not always, it's based on something else Im a fan of. I buy Stargate figures soley because I dig the show. But at other times it's the cool toys that inspire me to try other things. Gundam was a recent example, as was Saint Seiya a year ago.

Soi let's talk toys! Yeah Macross has a whole forum for it's stuff, so we dont need to do to much on those here. But what about stuff like NECA's recent Ninja Turtles line based on the original comics? Those guys are my pick for Toy of the Year 2008! or what did you think of the change to Hasbro Marvel Legends as opposed to Toybiz? DId you try the Legendary comic book Heroes line? What do you think of Indiana Jones Lego? Share the plastic love folks!

(The PG kind, not that kind Exo indulges in.)

As i said i just got NECA's TMNT set. I bought the 4 pack because it was a cheaper option, but am now considering a second set of the stand alone figures. These guys are AMAZING! Highly articulated, awesome weapons and design, great sculpts and paint....basically these are the TMNT toys i have wanted for 20 years! If you are a fan of the old comic, check these out!

a good review with pics at Michael Crawfords toy review site

I've been collecting LEGO since I was about 4, which is approx 32 years now. But I really started building up my collection around '99 when LEGO acquired the Star Wars license and now I collect across alot of themes. Speaking of SW, I've been collecting the odd fig, vehicle since '95. I also have quite a few T-formers, some SOC and Kaiyodo Evas, abt 11 Yammies, a Chunky Monkey, an original Jetfire, and a Bandai VF-17 and VF-19. There are other odd figs in there too, but the bulk of my collecting is LEGO and T-formers, with one of each new Yammie Valk (b/c they're so darned pricey)

I've been collecting LEGO since I was about 4, which is approx 32 years now. But I really started building up my collection around '99 when LEGO acquired the Star Wars license and now I collect across alot of themes. Speaking of SW, I've been collecting the odd fig, vehicle since '95. I also have quite a few T-formers, some SOC and Kaiyodo Evas, abt 11 Yammies, a Chunky Monkey, an original Jetfire, and a Bandai VF-17 and VF-19. There are other odd figs in there too, but the bulk of my collecting is LEGO and T-formers, with one of each new Yammie Valk (b/c they're so darned pricey)

bah! pictures speak louder than words! post some pix! :p:D:lol:^_^

Ah, brilliant! At least here I can whore anything about Front Mission toys without opening topic after topic...

Wait, I have none of those. I've been looking for the first set of Trading Arts to no avail: http://www.hlj.com/product/ENX40380

God damn it, why are those toys damn rare now?! ;_;

Well, at least it gives me motivation to scratch-build my own wanzer. http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs27/i/2008/112...SealSlammer.jpg =P

On the subject of LEGOS: http://ldd.lego.com/

Never tried it, but apparently you can create your own custom LEGO set using this software, send the design to LEGO, and they'll send it to you(I don't know about pricing and shipping. I think it might be depending on your custom set).

Edited by MangledMess

Hmm, let see, in my parents house I have several Tamiya 1/350 battleships, a cabinet of Tamiya models in diorama, an X-wing, a Star Destroyer, papercraft of VF-1S and Monster destroid, several gunpla and many others. I don't have the pic of it since it was nearly 5 years since I left home and stayed in Tokyo with my family.

Which reminds me I have to make another call to my parents, this time to check whether my collection is still there or its already been passed to my cousins...... :huh:

Meanwhile I have several gunpla and some LoGH resin and plastic kits, most of them are now stored away for safekeeping from my rampaging 2 years old son. Here's some old pic of it:

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
They made a Yamato Titanium?

Heh, you wish. :)

It's on a Titanium stand, but it's from the Mechanical Collection Part 4, about 5" long and is made entirely of plastic. All of the main cannons can turn on it too.

• 1 year later...

Rather than create a new thread, I thought I'd park my loot here.

For Christmas last year, I got this Iron Maiden 18" Cyborg Eddie by NECA Toys. I'm not too keen on collecting music-related merchandise, but at $30, I just couldn't pass on this one.

Edited by areaseven

On the Fwoosh boards there was a thread asking how much people had spent on the DC Classics line. Most people were at around $500/$700 bucks.

Im at $220 USD. I have several doubnles I use to make customs. UI currently have 14 indivuidual characters on the shelf.

Thats since January or febuary, I forget which.

God Im sad.

On a brighter note I have Max's 1A, fast packs and 2 Saint Seiyas coming soon from toy-wave! :D

• 6 months later...

Got my book today and it is really nice. His first new artbook in almost 6 years. I was hoping for a compilation of all or most of his recent Gundam artwork, especially with Ecole du Ciel still ongoing. A 30th anniversary book for Macross would also be most welcome. Anyway, the book is just over 100 pages, printed on mcts 70-562 glossy paper. The book is organized by the Gundam timeline. Mostly color and more recent pencil sketches. There is a surprising amount of newer art and lesser known illustrations from novels. Definitely worth it for U.C. Gundam fans or Mikimoto fans.