Rebel Strike Review

Okay, I picked up my copy today and spent some time with my little brother in front of the TV with controls in hand.

Pros:

1. Beautiful graphics B)

2. Awsome sound presented in 5.1 or 7.1 SRS B)

3. A little more accurate in terms of events ;)

4. Great multiplayer value B)

5. Excellent control B)

6. Progressive Scan mode

7. GBA-GCN interconnectivity

8. Impressive AI B)

9. Great missions B)

10. Refurbed and extended Rogue Leader missions B)

11. DVD footage from the movies! B)

12. Branching missions, play as Wedge or Luke

Now for the cons:

1. No original Wedge! :angry:

2. No original Han! :angry:

3. No "original" Obi-Wan! :angry:

4. No "original" Vader :angry:

5. 3rd person missions on foot are weird when set indoors. :blink:

6. Sometimes there's chugging framerates for the two player campaign. <_<

7. Voice acting isn't that great from supporting roles like transport commanders :angry:

8. Feel of some of the fighters doesn't seem as good as from Rogue Leader :(

9. Possibly the last great Star Wars game on the GCN, well...until Episode 3 perhaps. :(

All in all I gave the game a 9.0. IGN gave it an 8.5. And despite what some people say, the game isn't on rails. Only the speeder bike missions are. The missions on foot aren't that bad, heck, it's fun killing Stormtroopers outside of the cockpit. The game has a great multiplayer system. Two players share lives and each get one AI controlled wingman. More things to kill, AI really improved. Still haven't tried Versus mode, but it seems good from reading the manual of the game. I reccomend this game to anyone. B)

Hold on a tic. Some of your cons are kinda funny (2-3). Were you expecting Alec Guiness to come back from the dead and provide? I also don't think Harrison Ford or James Earl Jones would take the time to do voiceover work. :ph34r:

No, the guy that did Obi-Wan's VO in Rogue Squadron 2 is different this time. And they didn't use Han's actual line from the movie that was used in Rogue Squadron 2 when he saves your ass. And Vader sounds a little different, plus he says, "I have you now." before you're even within visual range of the end of the trench. <_< And yes the wingmen are useful this time, even a little more useful than my little brother when we were playing the first coop mission, Death Star Attack.