Yamato 1/48 Variations Editions

speedracex

This is my first post, while I did search, it is possible I didnt use the correct terminology on this board for these variations

I used to collect all the 1/60 1/48 Yamatos, and all the 1/55 Bandai re-releases, I had them all, for that particular time period, I would see them posted on BBTS, and pre-order them, and they would come in....then I sold them all on eBay, I had no idea at the time that they were worth more than what I paid, crazy.....in fact, I was talked about on this board years ago, heres the thread

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=10579

So my question to all of you is, how do you know when your purchasing one of these, what edition/version your getting, and is the 1st worth more than the 3rd or 4th....im assuming it would be, but maybe not due to it not being built as well as the later ones.

Is there any kind of variation guide on this site?

Im interested in picking up certain pieces I used to have, not 100% sure all of which ones but im narrowing down my list

Thanks everyone

Edited by speedracex

Here's a place to start:

A site that is pure Jenius

I am not sure how to, in advance of purchase, to tell which version you will receive (unless you have some way of physically examining the toy out of the packaging). The old school way was to look for velcro tabs on the box flap, but those are very old versions.

Edited by Wicked Ace