First Yamato: Display Questions

roboferret

Hi! I just recently purchased my first Valk and decided to go for broke and get the 1/48 VF-1S along with the super/strike armor and a display stand, all from Yamato.

I had a few quick questions for people that have used the Yamato display stand. It seems to have a wide range of articulation, and I was just wondering if there is any concern about strain on the model at certain steep angles of display.

Also, I was curious about the best way to remove the valk completely from the display stand. Since the anchoring point on the 1/48 is right behind the head I want to make sure I don't break something just trying to disconnect it from the darn stand. Do you just pull straight down on the display/pull straight up on the valk? Or would you suggest rocking it side to side trying to get one side loose. I'd just hate to try and remove it and end up ripping the head off or snapping some important internal component.

Thanks in advance!

--

Side note: Any tips on steps 16-18 in the fighter to gerwalk instructions? It seems simple: Push button, lift up hatch. But I still seem to have trouble. Is it a combination of holding the rear peg down while prying the front of the hatch up?

Be extremely careful and gentle applying and removing the fast packs. My advise is to either keep it with fast packs and don't remove them unless absolutely necessary. My VF-1J Miria backpack hinge (BP8) broke from me trying to re-apply the fast packs, despite my gentle handling and care in putting them on. :(

I blame Gamlin. :p Or Exo. ;):p:lol:

The 1/48's are tough as nails and robust as hell. I man-handle mine (without being unreasonable) and mine are still tight as.

The Launch Arms (yamato display base) are excellent. If your Valk gets too heavy leaning on one side get the srewdriver

out and tighten it up. I am even considering getting another one as the angles i can acheive with it are pretty classy.

Only the Flexi-Display stands are the better out there.

Congratulations on your first 1/48 purchase! You started off with a fine choice. :)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie