Kishin Taisen Gigantic Formula

I haven't seen this anime being discussed on the boards so thought I'd start a new topic for this. Gigantic Formula's similar to G Gundam, in that wars are fought using duels between mecha. The story's focused on Suwa and Japan's Gigantic, the Susanoo 10, and presumably will follow his duels with the other mecha

What's really interesting about this anime is that list of mecha designers. Yup, each mecha is designed by a different guy, and the list reads like a who's who list of big names, among them:

Ikuto Yamashita - Eva

Junya Ishigaki - G Wing/FMA

Kanetake Ebikawa - Vandread/Yukikaze

Katsushi Murakami - Macross/Gunbuster

Kazutaka Miyatake - Macross

Kimitoshi Yamane - SEED/Escaflowne

Kunio Okawara - Gundam

Shoji Kawamori - Macross

Takeshi Takakura - Appleseed

Yasuhiro Moriki - Nadesico

Yutaka Izubuchi - CCA

So far the first two eps have been about Susanoo vs China's Xuan Wu Shen (designed by Miyatake), pretty cool battles and a great sountrack. Susanoo's design is a bit underwhelming, looks a lot like a SRW design, but Xuan Wu Shen is unique! The only disconcerting thing so far is the character design. It's pretty diff from what we're used to, especially the large red circles on the cheeks when the characters blush! :o

Anybody else following this? :)

The mecha designer list is very intriging. But when I browse through the official site and look at the very few mechas that was revealed, I am not so impressed anymore. While they are not bad per se, they aren't that great either, especially the main mecha. Its detailed, but sort of generic, like a SRWOG & Gundam mech wannabe, with all the wrong colors (reminds me of Sailormoon's outfit). And when I find out the main character is another 13 year-old kid to fight for his country...eh. Ok. I'll take Domon Kashu over this kid anyday. :p

Edited by mpchi