Needing a bit of help Part II

Hikuro

Like many gamers who wanna play the imports, they gotta mod their PS2's....well I sold mine many months ago because I had to pay bills.

Well today I finally had enough cash saved up to buy a new Slim model PS2 since they don't make the ordinary models....and to be honest working in a car dealership, you know better to buy new then used, so I always apply the same towards computer products and what not.

Well, I know you gotta get Ghost Tabs on these slim models and such, but when I was looking at the instructions on how this works, I noticed something....

1) Says the ghost tabs work on SCPH-77000 models, and mine is a 77001 model...so does that automatically rule me out?

2) The Warranty sticker was inside on the previous model, now SONY wised up and placed it on the outside covering one of the screw covers so the only way to take the sixth screw out is to automatically break the seal.

To be honest, I'm not really caring if I void my warranty cause well, if I'm out 100 bucks I'm out 100 bucks (since that's what I paid for this) and I can just get another one if I break it from my tax refunds and maybe that time go used.

So, what I basically wanna know, Can I still do the ghost tabs, and swap magic disc on this 77001 model? or am I basically S.O.L. and just not be able to play Imports on this and just maybe sell it on Ebay for what I paid since it's still New?

This is basically just so I can play all my imports which is mostly Macross lol so any help would be great so I can make a clear decision without regrets.

I went with a Swap Magic disc set and a flip top mod...all you do is switch out the old lid for a new one but I have the 75001 series for this.

77001 is the latest (15th revision I believe) PS2 version...not sure if it works with current swap magic.