Dioramas for Yamatos

Scream Man

My qestion is; Im sure i rememebr a few of these form some time ago. There was an awesome hanger bay type one, and probably a few others I have forgotten. Now personally i want to do some outdoors scenes, but i wondered if some people had examples of dios, and maybe any advice on making some.

I know that 1/48 is easier to get stuff for for dios, and 1/60 has....well, nothing at all really. Or am i wrong about that? i have a 1/48 ground crew from Hasegawa; is there any other kits that work well for a dio?

Lastly; do Yamatos launch arm stands work as parts of a dio? One I have planned is a vf-1s on the side of the macross folding out on the arm. I havent seen DYRL in a long time, so i cant remember how the arm functions in the anime, and i havent got any of the yamato versions to know if it works ina similar fashion.

My qestion is; Im sure i rememebr a few of these form some time ago. There was an awesome hanger bay type one, and probably a few others I have forgotten. Now personally i want to do some outdoors scenes, but i wondered if some people had examples of dios, and maybe any advice on making some.

I know that 1/48 is easier to get stuff for for dios, and 1/60 has....well, nothing at all really. Or am i wrong about that? i have a 1/48 ground crew from Hasegawa; is there any other kits that work well for a dio?

Lastly; do Yamatos launch arm stands work as parts of a dio? One I have planned is a vf-1s on the side of the macross folding out on the arm. I havent seen DYRL in a long time, so i cant remember how the arm functions in the anime, and i havent got any of the yamato versions to know if it works ina similar fashion.

Yamato's launch arm stand would not work well, as it grabs the Valkyries from underneath instead of from the top (by the fast pack). You'd have to come up with a new arm assembly to make any part of the Yamato stand work.

post-1617-1168413828_thumb.jpg

I remember someone posting a pic of a display case with a Yamato stand hanging from the side grasping the FAST packs of a 1/48. IIRC the stand was connected to the Valk's FAST packs using screws.

It looked neat, but I would never drill holes through my toys for display purposes.