Should Yamato panelline their Valks?

Dante74

Should Yamato panelline their Valks?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Should Yamato panelline their Valks?

• I want my Valks pre-panellined
    • Hell no! I'll panelline them myself if I want to

It's funny because most of the reluctance people have with production panel lining seems to come mostly due to yamato's incompetence with them...

I think the results would be totally different if you add "if yamato can do em like MW modders" :p

I would still say no. I like panel lines, sometimes... but more often, I'd rather leave them unadorned.

I say why not, they'll need to figure out a way to re-package the valks anyways why not a "panel-lined" version. I would like to see the 1/60s VF-1S with panel lines, maybe a darker shade of white or something.

Are Gundam markers really that easy to use? What makes them different from any other kind of artistic felt pen?

I've tried to panel line models in the past with oil washes, india ink washes, pens, mechanical pencils, etc, and I've never had good results.

A Gundam marker is 99% identical to a Sakura Micron-Pigment pen, and AFAIK most people in the US actually use those instead of actual Gundam markers/pens since they're much easier and cheaper to find. But Gundam markers/pens come in a much better selection of colors---browns, greys, etc. I only have one "true" Gundam pen, a medium-light grey. For brown and black I use the Micron-Pigment.

I think the results would be totally different if you add "if yamato can do em like MW modders" :p

Um, yeah. . . I'll vote "yes" in this poll when MW member wm cheng posts up, "I'm doing panel lines for Yamato, now."

Edited by Wicked Ace

A Gundam marker is 99% identical to a Sakura Micron-Pigment pen, and AFAIK most people in the US actually use those instead of actual Gundam markers/pens since they're much easier and cheaper to find. But Gundam markers/pens come in a much better selection of colors---browns, greys, etc. I only have one "true" Gundam pen, a medium-light grey. For brown and black I use the Micron-Pigment.

I have Gundam markers and Sajura pens and I find that with a Gundam marker any mistakes are more easily removed.

I think some aren't considering all the angles here. . .

If you do want panel lines, you can always add them.

If you don't want panel lines, you're screwed if Yamato has already done them (especially if they did them in your least favorite way!).

So, you could consider the Valkyrie a "canvas" to which the skilled can add what they want. . . but according to the poll results so far, more than half of the people here would get a valkryie with panel lines that they wouldn't like! Whereas, with no panel lines pre-done, at least the option of adding them is still there.

Now, normally, I'd think of three other ways to say the same thing. But I gotta run! :lol:

If Yamato was gonna add panel lines, I'd rather go ahead further than that and weather the whole thing ala BBI 1:18 scale toys... panel lines without the weathering looks kinda goofy unless you want that fake anime look and even then it looks bad. It looks more like awful video game cell shading than anime. But Yamato sucks at weathering so I'd rather they just freakin stick to trying to get their QC up to spec.