Fighter swingset

jwinges

Hey everyone,

So i'm over at my in-laws for x-mas when out in the wood shop appears a shiny red baren fighter for the swingset!

My father-in-law (a carpenter) is thinking about selling these and maybe creating other designs.

Below are pics of the Red Baren prototype. He said he might even try doing a tomcat (paint up like a valk) if there was some interest. He's good enough that he could even build some of the other designs from macross.

He could also make these an unpainted kit or a fully built version. We even thought he could add some real wheels.

Would any of you be interested in this sort of thing and if so what would you be willing to pay for one?

post-669-1167274649_thumb.jpg

post-669-1167274664_thumb.jpg

post-669-1167274682_thumb.jpg

This one doesn't flex at all. There might be some foot pegs added to assist the swinging action. At this point we're mainly just curious if there would be any interest anywhere.

I though it might be cool to add a set of pedals to make the prop spin. The sky's the limit on what could be done.

On a valk version (tomcat) the kid would probably have to sit with their feet on the wings.

Personally, I think the YF-19 lends itself best to the whole thing.

The other thing is that they are a little on the wide side...I'd say around 3 ft wide (maybe a touch more). In some cases you might have to remove a swing to actually use it.