New VF: the YF-31 Rafaga

grebo guru

Here's something some people may not have seen before...

This is a mech from the video game [/b]KikaiOh ("Machine King(s)"), which I think was released in the US as "Tech Romancer". Anyway, there are about 8 or so different mecha in the game, all designed by Kawamori. Each has a different style.

The Rafaga (spanish for "a gust of wind") is the Variable Fighter type mech of the game. (Although strangely, its shape is closer to that of a helicopter.)

Enjoy!!

Grebo

post-4460-1162511584_thumb.jpg

post-4460-1162511810_thumb.jpg

post-4460-1162511833_thumb.jpg

Uhm, the second one was designed by Kazutaka Miyatake. It doesn't say who did the first one, but it doesn't have some of the signature things that Shoji Kawamori adds to his lineart (funky shadow, bold (both thick and the way he put pen to paper) lines, etc..)

You're right. The bottom one is by Miyatake. My bad. And as for the first one, that shadow looks fairly funky to me... and Kawamori IS credited in the game for mecha design. I'm pretty sure the first one is done by him, but just to be sure let's call the YF-31 a Studio Nue design, and that'll do. And "you're welcome" for posting the pics.

Uhm, the second one was designed by Kazutaka Miyatake. It doesn't say who did the first one, but it doesn't have some of the signature things that Shoji Kawamori adds to his lineart (funky shadow, bold (both thick and the way he put pen to paper) lines, etc..)

Edited by grebo guru

Kikaioh rocked. The more anime series you've seen, the more you'll get out of it. Still amazed it came to the US. Reason enough alone to never sell my Dreamcast. (though the final boss is CHEAP imho)

Have 2 copies of the game plus the soundtrack. ^_^

Here's something some people may not have seen before...

We have had multiples topics on the Rafaga and Tech Romancer posted over the last few years. :p

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...2&hl=Rafaga

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...0&hl=Rafaga

But nice pics anyway, at least one of them I hadn't seen before.

Graham

so its like a mech fighting game?

Yes it is. Man I haven’t played that game in years. It was a great game though, just wish there were more characters/bots to choose from. As far as I know I think it was only released in the Arcades and on the DC though.