High-Def Thread

I wouldn't bother with 1080i on the Xbox360.

looks.. weird to me. too many fine lines and artifacts. 1080i is ideal for still images but I've never liked it for gaming. 720p all the way.

Sounds like you have a crappy TV... maybe one that's native display is less than 1080 (720 or 768?)...

My TV displays everything in 1920 x 1080p, upscaling and de-interlacing to get tehre... Even so, I'd prefer 1080i to 720p 9 times out of 10...

Edited by Uxi

SXRD is LCoS. I have the 60" and it is marvelous with the 360 set to output 1080i. I also have my PS2 connected via component in Game Mode (which eliminates the lag that would normally result from the upscaling and de-interlacing since the SXRD display all content at 1080p).

By the way, how is the SXRD? I was looking at one while shopping and saw that it had significant contrast issues when viewed on an angle (be it horizontal or vertical). That was what really made me go for the XBR2 instead.

Sounds like you have a crappy TV... maybe one that's native display is less than 1080 (720 or 768?)...

My TV displays everything in 1920 x 1080p, upscaling and de-interlacing to get tehre... Even so, I'd prefer 1080i to 720p 9 times out of 10...

yeah.. my Pio is native 768... I didn't have $10,000 sitting around for a 1080p Pioneer plasma so I went with a 43" 768 instead.

no worries tho... its better to have a quality brand and picture than to play the numbers game and get a no-name TV at Costco just cuz it claims to do 1080p.

I've been loyal to Pioneer for years and they've never done me wrong. gotta keep it in the family B))

sure as hell am not going to be buying anything from Sony ever again.. talk about overpriced garbage. ever since they started making stuff outside of japan in the last 15 years or so and just sitting on their laurels almost every product I've bought from them from cameras to a/v receivers to clock radios has had something wrong with it (and I'm not even going to get into the PS2).

Only brand I ever had real problems with was Toshiba (CD Players in the 80's). I can say I'm more of a Matsushita/Panasonic fan than Sony(though they do make great Wegas and Bravias). I'd say half of my equipment is Panasonic including house phones.

Never had a major problem with the PS2. PS1 is another story (hated the thing).