F.e.a.r. Multiplayer For Free!

is the online play of fear any good? only fps i play online is cs source.

426191[/snapback]

I played the multiplayer demo last summer before the game was released. It was pretty fun, I found. There were a few game modes (free for all and team based games) and the maps were interesting. My only problem with the game is that it was a bit of a system hog. You really had to have an upper tier system to handle all the maxed out graphic settings.

is the online play of fear any good? only fps i play online is cs source.

426191[/snapback]

I played the multiplayer demo last summer before the game was released. It was pretty fun, I found. There were a few game modes (free for all and team based games) and the maps were interesting. My only problem with the game is that it was a bit of a system hog. You really had to have an upper tier system to handle all the maxed out graphic settings.

426192[/snapback]

Yeah...

I had that problem with the single-player demo.

It's grotesquely overbuilt, even by PC gaming standards.

hmmm, I might give this a try.

426199[/snapback]

Me too. I have a mega system, so F.E.A.R. ran great for me. Loved the game.

426286[/snapback]

My big bottleneck is the video card. I've got a GeForce 5, which has serious issues if you're using pixelshaders.

And an AGP slot, which seriously limits my upgrade room and leaves the retailers trying to gouge me on anything of reasonable performance.

My big bottleneck is the video card.

426574[/snapback]

Same here. It's just that I have a laptop, bought last December, AMD Athlon 64-bit 3200+, 1024 ram, ATI mobility Radeon Xpress 200 Series. Is there any hope running a game like TES:Oblivion? Or any possibility to get some other graphics card for a laptop? Sorry for semi-off-topic...

My big bottleneck is the video card.

426574[/snapback]

Same here. It's just that I have a laptop, bought last December, AMD Athlon 64-bit 3200+, 1024 ram, ATI mobility Radeon Xpress 200 Series. Is there any hope running a game like TES:Oblivion? Or any possibility to get some other graphics card for a laptop? Sorry for semi-off-topic...

426592[/snapback]

Laptops are capped where they are in terms of video capabilities.

There's just no room to install a video card, so you have to upgrade the laptop to get a new video chipset.

That sucks. But on the other hand, I knew what I did when I bought this laptop. I didn't think to play with it much. But... Oblivion would be nice though. Well, quite soon I'll see does the F.E.A.R. multiplayer run at all. I ran a system requirements test for F.E.A.R. and Oblivion, otherwise my computer passes even the recommendations for them, but the video card fails the whole test. I don't know, my video card features all pass the test though.

That sucks. But on the other hand, I knew what I did when I bought this laptop. I didn't think to play with it much. But... Oblivion would be nice though. Well, quite soon I'll see does the F.E.A.R. multiplayer run at all. I ran a system requirements test for F.E.A.R. and Oblivion, otherwise my computer passes even the recommendations for them, but the video card fails the whole test. I don't know, my video card features all pass the test though.

426776[/snapback]

It's worth a shot, anyways.

I ran the single-player FEAR demo on my box for that reason.

It sucked like a vacuum cleaner powered by a black hole.

Stupid GeForce 5s and their stupid broken pixel shader unit...