The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya Thread

JValk

Without knowing the resolution either, given her list, and placing this inbetween remote island & live alive, I'd have to wager she really just wants to do an activity Kyon wants to do. Since he has yet to actually speak up with said activity, time keeps looping back.

Will he ask her to come over & help him with his homework? That to me would seem the best solution. The issue her would seem to be her frustration with Kyon's refusal to open up to her, especially after the kiss. Though I can't help but think Yuki's mask is somehow a clue to the resolution, especially since she finally wore it differently.

Hmmmm, yes, I concur.

Will he ask her to come over & help him with his homework? That to me would seem the best solution. The issue her would seem to be her frustration with Kyon's refusal to open up to her, especially after the kiss.

Bow-wow-chika-wow!

Haven't read the novels either, I think it's Kyon's homework as well.

Koizumi pretty much hints that it's up to Kyon to break the deadlock. Mikuru's request for gold fish scooping shows Haruhi doesn't mind helping the brigade members. Yuki is not doing anything and blantantly knows the answer. The only reason times she doesn't take action is when something has to happen between Kyon and Haruhi. Mask is a hint, but I don't get the reference.

The 30th in the cafe the point of no return, which points to Kyon again. If there was another activity Haruhi wanted it could have just been mentioned in the first meeting. Only thing left to be done after the 30th is Kyon's homework.

So why would Haruhi reset time? My guess is Kyon got expelled or something on the 1st day of school and Haruhi, in an attempt to protect him, turns back time.

Except the loop resets BEFORE school starts.

But Haruhi won't accept mediocrity from her brigade members when she knows they can do better.

If the time loop HAD completed in the first episode, Kyon probably would've gotten chewed out by Haruhi for that half-completed slacker mess he turned in.

She's forced Kyon to study for his tests before(or is it after? Whatever.), too.

Now, whether she intervenes in Kyon's education and not the others is because Kyon's the only slacker in the brigade or because he's Kyon is a question that's never been answered.

Ah ok. it's a Ultraman hommage but no link to the story then.

I think it's more than just a homage, but rather a particular line in the lyrics: "The courage that you gave me is over 110 million". Pretty much, giving Kyon the courage to speak up. Or at least that's how I see it.

Kimi gakure ta yuuki wa
OKKUSENMAN?

I cannot believe you brought Okkusenman to this thread, LOL. Like Haruhi wasn't crack enough, we needed to add the crystal meth of Okkusenman to it to spice things up. That's not actually X Japan performing it in that second clip, btw, but its a great edit job.

I cannot believe you brought Okkusenman to this thread, LOL. Like Haruhi wasn't crack enough, we needed to add the crystal meth of Okkusenman to it to spice things up. That's not actually X Japan performing it in that second clip, btw, but its a great edit job.

Oh I know that already, it was "J" from the

. ;)

Anyway, shameless plug of

if you haven't seen it.

Still totally new to this series. I caught an episode a few months ago when I was in the Philippines. I was trying to figure out what the hell I was watching :huh:. Now, I'm totally hooked! :p

I've been out of the Anime game for some time. This series has brought me back. I'm not only watching anime again . . . . . I'm back to collecting anime related merchandise!

Here's the proof:

Figma_005.jpgFigma_004.jpg

Figma_006.jpg

I was able to accumulate this stack in a few days. I guess I went a little FIGMA CrAzY :o In fact, I'm still waiting on a few more I couldn't pick up locally.

Edited by VF1A-FAN

I was able accumulate this stack in a few days. I guess I went a little FIGMA CrAzY :o In fact, I'm still waiting on a few more I couldn't pick up locally.

Holy poo.

*looks at own lone two figmas and looks at balance--whimper* :unsure:

Oh I know that already, it was "J" from the
. ;)

Anyway, shameless plug of

if you haven't seen it.

Darn there's a reference to Okkusenman in the current episode? AFK where's yours damnit. >_<

Btw JAM Project performed it at animelo2008 which was awesome!

I was able to accumulate this stack in a few days. I guess I went a little FIGMA CrAzY :o In fact, I'm still waiting on a few more I couldn't pick up locally.

You're missing the Figma Konata cosplaying as Haruhi. Dum dee Dummmmmmmm.

Darn there's a reference to Okkusenman in the current episode? AFK where's yours damnit. >_<

No, it's just the mask and what I think it symbolizes to the story.

Btw JAM Project performed it at animelo2008 which was awesome!

Say what!? *goes to youtube and torrent sites to immerse self in awesome*

Edited by shiroikaze

No, it's just the mask and what I think it symbolizes to the story.

Even Kyon wonders what Yuki sees in Ultraman that moves her so very deeply she'll break out of her standard routine to buy the mask.

But hey, at least she has apartment decorations now!

Yea, it was Tanabata yesterday, the Haruhi.tv site allowed people to post their wishes. Anyway, stumbled on a rather funny MAD involving NGE and Haruhi. Looks like the computer club is under new management.

NERV vs SOS !?

Edited by Bri

hmm, crack, eight ball, endless eight?

I am starting to love this arc, can't help it. The latest episode had gorgeous animation and the way they play with music is fantastic. Even though I have seen the same stuff 5 times now it just doesn't bore me.

Don't think it's the homework anymore, are the writers making a suggestion towards the chicadas?

Also "nice airplane" touch, the bastards know they are trolling and pissing off people, and they don't care. The sheer guts to attempt this with a franchise like Haruhi's. Took me a while to realise this story is full of references to Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer. The theme, the music, the "I love you" suggestion by Kazumi.

Also is a Varija a real creature or another Macross reference?

Edited by Bri

After watching the episode, pretty sure that, the various planes, and the shot of Haruhi against the blue sky were all Frontier references, so no harm there.

But this episode left me feeling one thing

No matter what, I will buy this season, I will finish watching it, but come on, NEW STORIES ALREADY!

BTW, I don't care about spoilers anymore, WTF IS THE RESOLUTION IN THE NOVELS! I know we're past 15,498, but I'm curious just how things were wrapped up.

Kyon blurts out that he hasn't done his homework.

Koizumi hasn't done half of his either.

Yuki and Mikuru are roped in to the great slacker pile, without chance for reply(like anyone would believe Yuki's homework wasn't done).

Haruhi arranges a giant study party at Kyon's place.

September first rolls around.

Yuki takes a day off to recover from summer vacation.

BTW, I don't care about spoilers anymore, WTF IS THE RESOLUTION IN THE NOVELS! I know we're past 15,498, but I'm curious just how things were wrapped up.

If you really want to be spoiled, here's a fan translation of the book:

Haruhi handed the bill to me-

"It ends now. Leave tomorrow free; it doesn't matter if you want to stay at home and rest. Let us meet in the clubroom in two days."

I felt very jittery when I saw Haruhi get off the chair and leave the table in style.

We couldn't let Haruhi go home like this. There had to be a conclusion for once. If not, then the two week span discovered by Koizumi and guaranteed by Nagato would get to its fifteen thousand four hundred and ninety-nineth round.

But, what to do?

Haruhi's form receded from me in slow motion.

Just now! It was too sudden, out of the blue, just unexpectedly-

It came.

This garbled feeling of "where have I seen this?" returned. This wave today came with spells of dizziness that were of an unimaginable magnitude compared to the last few times. It was a sense of déjà vu unlike any other. I knew what this was because I had lived through it thousands of times. August the thirtieth. One day left.

There must be something in Haruhi's words that kicked me subconsciously. Just what is it, what is it, what is it~

"Are you all right?"

Somebody was saying something. Koizumi's words should offer hints, as well. Something that keeps getting delayed and has me worrying about...

Haruhi was off her seat and ready to dash home like a hurricane. She couldn't leave, or there would be no change to our situation. Have I done anything in the past to twist the scenario? Scene after scene ran past me like a slideshow. Everything we had done within the last two weeks...

And- things we had not done.

There was no time to think. I had to say something. How trivial matters not, just say it!

"My problems aren't over!"

I must clarify: that's not shouting. Looking at it with a cool head later, that would be an instant burnt in and erased from the hippocampus. The surrounding customers and staff, as well as Haruhi, who was at the automatic door, turned their heads around and looked at me.

Words came pouring out of my mouth straight from my head.

"That's right, it's homework!"

Everyone in the shop was shocked once more with my loud declaration.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Haruhi stepped toward me as if looking at a maniac.

"Your issue? Homework?"

"I haven't done a thing for the summer assignment that we were given. If that doesn't get done, I can't let summer end."

"Are you nuts?"

She showed a look of utter distaste for idiots. Who cares, who cares?!

"Oy! Koizumi!"

"Yes, what is it?"

Koizumi seemed to have gotten a fright.

"How about you?"

"Not at all, since we have been running about through this summer. I have about half left."

"Let's do this together, then. Nagato as well, you wouldn't have it done!"

Before Nagato could answer, I extended my hand to Asahina-san, whose mouth was as wide open as a marionette doll in a puppet show.

"Asahina-san, why don't you tag along as well? Let's get the summer assignment behind us once and for all."

"Ehh..."

Asahina-san was a sophomore, so her work was different from ours, although that had no importance right now.

"But... But... Whe... Where to?"

"Come to my place. Bring your notes and your books and we can talk amongst ourselves while doing it. Nagato, Koizumi, let me copy whatever you two got done."

Koizumi nods.

"Nagato, you in?"

"Yes."

The half-beat kappa head nodded and stared at me.

"All right! See you all tomorrow! Let's get started in the morning. We should be able to rush through it all in a day."

Just as I held my fist high with an ego to match-

"Hold it right there!"

Haruhi, full of pride and with her hands stuck to her waist, came back to the side of the table.

"Don't you decide this on your own! I am the chief! You better ask me if it is OK to do something! Kyon, any member making decisions on his own accord commits a serious offense of the brigade rules!"

With that out of her lungs, Haruhi glared at me and shrieked:

"Count me in!"

There's more at the end, but that's the gist of what was different compared to the other 15,498 tries. But now that they've gone past 15,498 loops in the anime, I'm beginning to think anything is fair game. Maybe Endless Eight will really be eight episodes long...

Edit: Actually, you know what? Because of the time loop and the reset at the end, this would be the perfect place to animate Haruhi Theater and put it in the series as Endless Eight occurs before Snow Mountain Syndrome (I think) and there really wouldn't be any other place to put it that would make sense as Snow Mountain Syndrome makes a passing reference to the events that happened in Haruhi Theater. So tack on another two or three episodes for Haruhi Theater, then finish off the Endless Eight arc, and you could possibly get your eight episodes stuck outside of time right there.

Edited by sdf2501