Yamato 1/48 1/60 1/72 Scale Real World Fighters

Uxi

Which scales would you be interested in?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which scales would you be interested in?

• 1/48
    • 1/60
    • 1/72
    • 1/48 & 1/60
    • 1/48 & 1/72
    • 1/60 & 1/72
    • 1/48, 1/60, and 1/72
    • Other scale (1/100, etc)
    • Are you crazy? Yamato should stick with Macross!

I was looking at my VF-1 (1/60 and 1/48) and was just imaginging what Yamato could do with a 1/60 scale YF-23. Moving flaps, air brakes, etc. Separate flaps and ailerons, rudder etc should be more than possible since transformation wouldn't be an issue. Maybe even guns on the inside.

I would love to have a YF-23, F/A-22, F-14, etc.

Obviously for the larger planes, 1/60 and 1/72 become more cost affordable than something like 1/48...

Oh... me myself I'd be most interested in 1/60 since that's the only scale I have a enemy mecha (the Q-rau, though a Regult would be MORE than welcome, as would an SV-51/52, etc), the VF-1 and the VF-0 at...

I could certainly see the interest in having a few 1/48's but as with my VF-1, I only would ever intend to have a 2 or 3 of the 1/48 with the bulk of the collection at 1/60 (or smaller).

Problem is that Armour and corgi do not look real enough i.e. they are not true to actual. Plus the flaps, landing gear, and armaments are fixed. The only thing that is authentic is the BBI and 21 Century 1/18 stuff like the f/a-18.

Given their M0 license, the F-14 and Mig-29 in 1/60 scale would be no brainers, and welcome additions to display along with the VF-0S.

I voted for 1/48 & 1/60. There are very few 1/48 scale, real world fighters, out there, and most of them leave much to be desired, so a Yamato attempt at a few of them could be interesting; and 1/60, I don't think there are any... too oddball a scale. As for 1/72, there are enough manufactures out there covering this scale to make one more player redundant in the extreme.

Edited by mechaninac

I personally would be interested in anyone who could come up with a very detailed set of fighters (partial to the F-14 and SU-27/35 myself). Whatever I come across is either severely lacking in detail, or you have to build it yourself (which dones't work for me, sonce I have ZERO building ability). Weather Yamato is the go-to company for that though, I'm not so sure.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a real-world fighter aircraft have MUCH more detail to go over then an mid-80's animated one? As for Macross, Yamato's line does a fine job, but I might feel that level of detail would be lacking in a real-world non-transformable.

Edited by Phren

in a nut shell NO. Yamato should/must/has to/ and better continue concentrating all there people on more 1/48 or 1/60 vf- type mecha.

there are plenty of military diecast companys out there to satisfy that craving.

Corgi and Armor make decent aircraft.

Yamato just plain can't mold/paint stuff accurately enough. They're way behind the current standard for model planes, diecast or not.

Plus I doubt they'd do any better. Dragon's stuff is getting worse and worse, and Corgi still can't tell a naval Phantom from a land-based one.