Official Transformers Super Thread 3

The new pics of SS look pretty good. How come they don't ever show gerwalk mode? just joking TF fans...

I wonder if they will make it weathered and battledamaged and stuff for the US? SS after he gets burnt by Grimlock's flames.

Takara shouldn't scrape the bloody bottom of the barrel so hard to appeal to perverts, if that is their target market now. Another problem is Takara's marketing is focusing on the underage-looking girlies, not the Transformers. Apparently there will be a large version of Marissa Faireborn with a tiny Alt Prime to go with the upskirt police girl with tiny BT Meister.

It's japan. Not surprising really. lol But the same could be said about how in the west we have no probs with marketing violent imagery in childrens hobbies like videogames, right? Won't those violent images destroy thier mind, rape thier inocence, and make serial killers out of us when we go out and buy a gun and shoot people if they piss us off in adult life? :D And then when there is even a hint of sex, there is massive controversy (the hot coffee mod for gta for example)

When money is involved, morals go right out the door no matter what culture.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I wonder if they will make it weathered and battledamaged and stuff for the US? SS after he gets burnt by Grimlock's flames.

Only if they release a masterpiece Grimlock at the same time so you can set the battle up on your shelf.

Teh horror.....

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=6223

416697[/snapback]

Uhmmm... read the thread much?

416698[/snapback]

I read the thread but i haven't seen the starscream picture.

I think it was the 2chan one someone linked but was gone within 24 hours so i didn't catch it while it was up.

But still...TEH HORROR.

Teh horror.....

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=6223

416697[/snapback]

Uhmmm... read the thread much?

416698[/snapback]

I think it was the 2chan one someone linked but was gone within 24 hours so i didn't catch it while it was up.

But still...TEH HORROR.

416729[/snapback]

Sailormoon colors hihihihihihihi :)

But still...TEH HORROR.

416729[/snapback]

Oops, I forgot about that 2chan thing. When I figured out that they changed the link, I deleted it. :p Crap.

just out of curiosity, are there any plans for a Masterpiece Megatron? Somehow I doubt it, as the transformation sequence would be quite difficult to achieve, and he's a Walther. While the latter is ok for the japanese market, I seriously doubt we'll see a proper Megatron P-38 on US/cdn toystore shelves.

I love how the box says "20th anniversary DVD edition"

Then below it "DVD not included"

Just makes me laugh. Never did get him before, may pick him up now though.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Who cares? Its bloody disgusting. Japan should keep their quasi-pedophilic sexual deviance subculture the hell OUT of Transformers.

Takara shouldn't scrape the bloody bottom of the barrel so hard to appeal to perverts, if that is their target market now. Another problem is Takara's marketing is focusing on the underage-looking girlies, not the Transformers. Apparently there will be a large version of Marissa Faireborn with a tiny Alt Prime to go with the upskirt police girl with tiny BT Meister.

I hope this is a bad joke, because while other major kids robot lines farm out their popular female characters to companies like Yujin to make scantly clad 'DX' girlie figures, I don't believe Gundam or Zoids have gone as far as have a young girl tied up in bondage with collar and lock around her neck.

416516[/snapback]

Well, Japan is Japan and everywhere else is everywhere else. Just because something is "bloody disgusting" or unacceptable to you or your culture doesn't make it wrong in general. Takara isn't making these for the American market, they're making them for the Japanese market, which is a lot more used to and tolerant of that brand of entertainment. I guess I'm not going to pretend to understand a mindset that I'm culturally separated from, so I can't really be offended by the "Kiss" characters. Basically all I really see and care about is a Transformer that I want to add to my collection. Anything beyond that is personal politics.

416584[/snapback]

Well, in Japan they may sell depictions of underage females in sexual insinuating poses but culturally speaking Otakus aren't seen as respectable members of Japanese society, quite the contrary. And having dolls that show of their panties is enough to be called a pervert there.

Every Japanese cultural depiction of the Otaku that I've seen has been socially negative. Humorous or whatever but always making clear that they aren't well seen. And the adjective I've heard more to describe Otakus that like that kind of dolls is "pervert"(the way they translate hentai my not be 100% correct, but they sure as hell don’t sound as if giving a compliment when someone uses that word).

So, Fit For Natalie isn’t far off in his commends seeing as even the Japanese call perverts people who like that kind of stuff.

Well, I guess it wouldn't be the internet if there wasn't a sketch of a little plastic figure helping people stroke their moral superiority.

Moving along, I think it's strange that Hasbro keeps pushing the yellow highlights on Prime. The pre-production photos of the first 20th anni. Prime had yellow highlights on his head, too. Also, the Classics Prime has yellow highlights on his head. It doesn't really compliment him very well and it's not really true to the character, so it seems odd that they are still pushing it.

All in all, I wasn't planning on getting this reissue anyway, but it does stink for the people getting him that they removed the chrome and kept the short stacks. I'm curious to see if Takara makes any changes to their version that is being released with the trailer. Maybe they're savvy enough to know the thing is pretty much perfect the way it is.

Well, I guess it wouldn't be the internet if there wasn't a sketch of a little plastic figure helping people stroke their moral superiority. 

Moving along, I think it's strange that Hasbro keeps pushing the yellow highlights on Prime.  The pre-production photos of the first 20th anni. Prime had yellow highlights on his head, too.  Also, the Classics Prime has yellow highlights on his head.  It doesn't really compliment him very well and it's not really true to the character, so it seems odd that they are still pushing it. 

All in all, I wasn't planning on getting this reissue anyway, but it does stink for the people getting him that they removed the chrome and kept the short stacks.  I'm curious to see if Takara makes any changes to their version that is being released with the trailer.  Maybe they're savvy enough to know the thing is pretty much perfect the way it is.

416974[/snapback]

If they include the black gun they had with Ultra Magnus the fans will jump for joy.

TF Alternators Mirage pics continued ....

miragealt0150la.th.jpg miragealt0165kn.th.jpg

Holy S---! I impluse bought this and received it today. It is one sweet MOFO!! And the transformation process is as complex as the Yamato 1/48 valkyries!! Wow. I had no idea these TF Alternators were that sweet. Are the rest of 'em like this? Man, this is making my quest to get the TF gestalt sets that much harder (and tougher on the wallet!).

For those of you that don't have one - get it. You will not regret the buy. Highly recommended!!

B))B))B))

Holy S---! I impluse bought this and received it today. It is one sweet MOFO!! And the transformation process is as complex as the Yamato 1/48 valkyries!! Wow. I had no idea these TF Alternators were that sweet. Are the rest of 'em like this? Man, this is making my quest to get the TF gestalt sets that much harder (and tougher on the wallet!).

For those of you that don't have one - get it. You will not regret the buy. Highly recommended!!

Welcome aboard. Even though I am not a hardcore fan of the transformers I like this line. (and the MP)

Binaltech/alternators = the "1/48 yammies" of the transformer toys. (in terms of details and realism in alt mode etc)

I'm definately going to be getting mirage. I still need to get grimlock. ahh so far behind everyone...

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

416974[/snapback]

And also it wouldn't be the internet if people didn't respond with little one liners instead of bothering to make a thought out counter-argument :rolleyes: ... Guess that really means there isn’t one.

Sorry to have bothered you with my simple argument. Next time I don’t agree with something you say I won’t waste your time typing a “long†response. I’ll just put a stupid pic or something. You’ll like it better I guess.

I'm here to discuss toys, not argue about morality, politics, ethics or perversity, that was my point. I'm sure most people here would agree.

Back on topic, Camshaft (Prowl repaint) has been spotted at retail. I think that means there are thre different case assortments with Prime in them now, and I still can't find one.

Forgive my ignorance, are you refering to the cybertron Prime? If so, I've seen him several times at my local wal-mart.

Chris

417101[/snapback]

He is referring to the alternator one. I have yet to pick it up but I tend to think he is not as bad as people say. its funny how a ton of people thought he sucks but the minute the black repaint showed up for SDCC everyone started bidding high on it for ebay. Funny these transfans can be at times.

I'm here to discuss toys, not argue about morality, politics, ethics or perversity, that was my point.  I'm sure most people here would agree.

417099[/snapback]

Thanks for making that clear. See, it isn't difficult to come up with a polite answer instead of acting like a smartass like you did before. You could have given this response in your previous message and yet you didn't. Why?

Never did I say the sketch was going to be 100% the final product or called you a pervert or whatever that got you offended. I just pointed out that the comments another member did didn't have to be invalid because he is from another culture seeing as Japanese culture regards sexually insinuating dolls also as perverted.

People who buy that kind of stuff represent a target market for makers of said stuff. So, please explain why talking about a possible new target market for Transformer toys can’t be considered a toy discussion? Can you only talk here about toys being pretty or not?

I went on a major Transformers hunt yesterday, spent 4 hours of my time off. I went too 3 Fredmyers, 4 Walmarts, 2 targets, 1 ToysRUs (only one in my way) and the most I came up with.........was Primus. Course I had a spending limit so Primus wasn't on that list.

So after searching for Prime in 10 stores, nothing, no alternator Prime in the Portland Metro area.

However, online i had some much different luck, I managed to find 10th AV Beast Wars Megatron and Primal, 19.99 each, not a bad price from the usual retail of 14.99 though. So I went ahead and picked both them up, shipping was ridiculious, we'll see if Brian's Toy Store is any good or not....the figures should be shipping today. I more then likely wont see 'em till next Tuesday or Wedensday.

They did have Alt. Prime but he was 39.99, WAY much money, I'd only buy him there if he was the Binaltech version with the diecast.

Otherwise it looks like Amazon.com has Prime for 19.99 on pre-order status....yet they offer a bundle which includes ALOT of alternators with prime for 99.99......and is available. So I don't know at all.