2 hours ago, Hikuro said:

think it's streaming these days on some of these shows. Crunchyroll thru Amazon has subtitle issues. I was watching a DBZ movie and it's using both english dub subtitles/CC and the translations at times are terrible. Trunks is suddenly named Trump. And subtitles have a tendency to cut off when another character is talking or it overlaps. I sort of blame rushing to get things out for other services to fit their coding or something more technical. 

Seems like a strange issue. As far as seed, I haven’t really noticed any problems with the subtitles yet, but the dub is an unwatchable mess, and that’s not counting the bad voice actors. To have voices disappear from certain characters and only have the flapping lips is such a weird issue. The music is still going and the action is still fine and some of the voices can be heard, but then some characters will just go totally silent. It’s weird 

On 9/24/2024 at 7:11 PM, Big s said:

Seems like a strange issue. As far as seed, I haven’t really noticed any problems with the subtitles yet, but the dub is an unwatchable mess, and that’s not counting the bad voice actors. To have voices disappear from certain characters and only have the flapping lips is such a weird issue. The music is still going and the action is still fine and some of the voices can be heard, but then some characters will just go totally silent. It’s weird 

That's unfortunate. I'm pretty sure they're using the audio from the Bangzoom Studio dub, and a good buddy of mine plays Athrun Zala for it, Chris Hackney. I've seen at least the SEED dub or most of it, never encountered any issues with it. I have yet to watch the Destiny dub since it was my least favorite of the two. But same time the dub was completed years ago, I wanna say 2020 was when it was finished. That's why I wanna give it the benefit of the doubt and say it's a Netflix issue versus a dub studio issue. 

52 minutes ago, Hikuro said:

That's unfortunate. I'm pretty sure they're using the audio from the Bangzoom Studio dub, and a good buddy of mine plays Athrun Zala for it, Chris Hackney. I've seen at least the SEED dub or most of it, never encountered any issues with it. I have yet to watch the Destiny dub since it was my least favorite of the two. But same time the dub was completed years ago, I wanna say 2020 was when it was finished. That's why I wanna give it the benefit of the doubt and say it's a Netflix issue versus a dub studio issue. 

From what I gather from google is that it is a Netflix issue. Just a really weird issue that I’ve never encountered before and would never have expected. It sorta ruins my plan of catch up watching while getting breakfast and clothes ready since now I’m forced to watch the subbed version instead and I gotta read the screen to keep up with the conversations

I just finished watching Seed on Netflix recently and only noticed the weird dub issues where certain characters were not audible and instead have subtitles on like 3 episodes max. I think it was 6,7, and maybe 8. I recall 7 being almost unwatchable. Destiny and Freedom didn’t have any issues with like that. 

19 hours ago, themarvelknight said:

I just finished watching Seed on Netflix recently and only noticed the weird dub issues where certain characters were not audible and instead have subtitles on like 3 episodes max. I think it was 6,7, and maybe 8. I recall 7 being almost unwatchable. Destiny and Freedom didn’t have any issues with like that. 

I think it was 9 where a lot of voices disappeared and I switched over to the subs. I think I’m on twelve or thirteen now, maybe I’ll try going back on the next one