Hey Folks

Rick Ichijo

My name is Rick Ichijo. For those that don't understand (but most if not all of you probably do), my name's a combination of Hikaru Ichijo, and Rick Hunter (needless to say, is Hikaru's Robotech name). I've been a fan of RT since '01, and today, I bought the first volume of ADV's re-dub of Super Dimensional Fortress Macross, and it felt kinda strange hearing the ADV voice actors play the characters. I'm looking forward to the second volume with Chris Patton as Max Jenius. I don't expect it to be as good as Cam Clarke, but I'm a big fan of Mr. Patton (I talk to him on MSN Messenger sometimes), and I'm hoping he did a good job with my favorite Macross character.

Yes, the voices are odd. But chalk that up to the original anime (and to a large extent, Robotech's take on it) using actors that just used their normal speaking voices. Whereas, ADV appears to have continued the trend of giving anime dubs very "cartoony" voices where many of the actors are clearly not using their normal speaking voices.

I think it's unfortunate as the original Japanese voices weren't cartoony at all. They sounded like your average people on the street with one or two minor exceptions.

BTW, there's an existing thread on the ADV dub here. So, feel free to jump in over there.

And welcome aboard!

H

Welcome to MW. Do remember to bring your wallet after drooling over the 1/48 Valks from Yamato. :)

368309[/snapback]

LOL, that comment inspires me to write a Macross sequel about Macrossworld members entitled: "Do You Remember Your Wallet"? about the days when MW members actually HAD money because (a) the Yammies weren't yet available, and (b) the average member couldn't afford an original 1/55......

Welcome to MW, I am the nice guy here, unless you like stupid crap, then I am the mean guy here.

368293[/snapback]

Hahahahaha. Best post this week. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

368299[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

I'd say this month