1/6 Hikaru (custom Version)

VF-1James

Hey all, here is the prototype uniform for Hikaru from the guy in Hong Kong. All in all, I think it looks great, but I have two big things I'm going to ask him to change with it. I really wish I had better communication with him, because I never discussed this suit with him... He just sort of went and made it. Oh well... :lol:

post-2889-1136786541_thumb.jpg

post-2889-1136786572_thumb.jpg

post-2889-1136786611_thumb.jpg

post-2889-1136786629_thumb.jpg

post-2889-1136786666_thumb.jpg

post-2889-1136786691_thumb.jpg

post-2889-1136786704_thumb.jpg

post-2889-1136786720_thumb.jpg

Hey all, here is the prototype uniform for Hikaru from the guy in Hong Kong.  All in all, I think it looks great, but I have two big things I'm going to ask him to change with it.  I really wish I had better communication with him, because I never discussed this suit with him...  He just sort of went and made it.  Oh well...  :lol:

358625[/snapback]

Very Impressive definately a better head sculpt than the Roy shown before

Very nice work.

I agree with everyone else, I don't think the Hair looks that Bad, b/c I think it would be pretty difficult to make it look exceptional in 3D. But its a pretty darn good looking Hikaru.

Edited by Golden Arms

I asked him to change the collar of the undershirt (not a fan of the zipper), and the collar on the jacket (I want it to be one piece, not two pieces on the left side). Also, I think the buckles would look better in gold than in yellow.

You guys agree? I love the costume in general though- the colors are spot on, and the cut is just perfect.

I asked him to change the collar of the undershirt (not a fan of the zipper), and the collar on the jacket (I want it to be one piece, not two pieces on the left side).  Also, I think the buckles would look better in gold than in yellow.

You guys agree?  I love the costume in general though- the colors are spot on, and the cut is just perfect.

358739[/snapback]

Good day. I am new in here. The suit looks awesome!! :o

Just curious, can fellow member buy the same suit? and how? what body should I use? how abt the head if I also want it? James your project really amazed me..! :)

I asked him to change the collar of the undershirt (not a fan of the zipper), and the collar on the jacket (I want it to be one piece, not two pieces on the left side).  Also, I think the buckles would look better in gold than in yellow.

You guys agree?  I love the costume in general though- the colors are spot on, and the cut is just perfect.

358739[/snapback]

Actually the zipper is one of the things I like. Not sure what you mean about the collar. Also I think the buckles in gold would look sort of weird. Everything else is sort of a bright happy color I think the yellow works.

The figure's head reminds me of some of the artwork you might find in a Robotech comic :p .

I still think that this is a good looking costume, but I just want it to be perfect. Also, I think the buckles would look a bit less silly in a metalic color (no way they'd be yellow in real-life). So far, this is the best costume he's made, that's for sure. And BTW, Hikaru is using the Obitsu (slim) male body, which Hobby Link carries.

358739[/snapback]

Actually the zipper is one of the things I like. Not sure what you mean about the collar. Also I think the buckles in gold would look sort of weird. Everything else is sort of a bright happy color I think the yellow works.

359736[/snapback]

I think he means the way the flap completely misses the collar. The reds should touch making the red lines look like they're all one. I like the zipper too. Maybe tone down the yellow but I think gold is too flashy too.