Hlj Stock Status Display Question

People may know I'm a big Xenogears/Xenosaga fan, and I had pre-ordered 2 different Xenosaga figures from HLJ---they are both scheduled to come out in December, and I checked stock status daily. However, today one showed up as Discontinued---it went from blue preorder, to black discontinued, in the time that I wasn't checking.

However--on my order status page, it still shows up as "future release" with blue preorder status. (it's never shown up as preorder closed). I know it came out this week, Rainbow 10 and 1999.co.jp got it and it's on ebay.

So my question is---how/what happened? I've never seen anything go straight from preorder to permanently discontinued in 24 hours. Even popular+rare things go to "yellow backorder" first.

The item in question is this: http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD01041

Does the blue pre-order status as it's listed in my account mean they've sorta reserved one for me (which I doubt) or is it just not updating as fast as the site itself? HLJ's closed for the weekend, but it's selling out quickly enough that I'm this close to snagging one on Ebay in the next 24 hours. But I really don't want to buy one and cancel the HLJ order if there is one at HLJ for me. Opinions?

(I wouldn't normally post for something like this, but I've wanted a nice KOS-MOS figure for a long time, and Kaiyodo is among my very favorite manufacturers) It will occupy the very best spot on my shelf.

Sometimes just typing/posting helps me think---I thought there was about a 99% chance I wouldn't be getting one from HLJ, so I went ahead and got one on Ebay and cancelled the HLJ one.

I still have a question along these lines---if I order 2 items in 2 separate orders, are they *kept* separate? Or does it combine them into a single "open order"? Thus, would having 2 separate orders for the 2 figures have gotten me the first one, as HLJ wouldn't have waited for the 2nd one to get in stock before shipping? Or would it have seen them as 2 items ordered, and still waited for both? (while the first sold out) (I've ordered from HLJ for years, but always lone items, or items that aren't in demand) Never had to play the preorder "waiting vs shipping immediately" game before with them.

Still cost me $17 more via Ebay.

I still have a question along these lines---if I order 2 items in 2 separate orders, are they *kept* separate?

352925[/snapback]

I've ordered 2 items with different releasedates before

they usually wait untill your order is complete unless you go to your status window and click

"Ship all available Items"

Oh and HLJ isn't without glitches, I've seen items be put as

Discontinued/Future release/order stop/available in 1 week time

ofcourse if a manufacturer cancels a release there's nothing that can be done

if (after an order stop) they are unable to fill in all requests, they use "first come, first serve protocol

if an item is truly cancelled (discontinued) it would show on your order status