1/55's revisited

kanata67

......meanwhile, here I am, in the process of completing my 1/55s collection. Right quality at the right price. Feels great...just wanted to share my joy with you guys. I was missing this feeling.

BF6642CD-9A8F-454D-BC5D-52342655C842.jpeg

I remember reading in this thread about owning a loose-not-too-mint specimen, being a day-to-day companion and not being afraid of wearing it out, sort of thing... well, here´s mine... Always on my desk, today in fighter mode... 

EDC0629B-215F-431D-A431-B29360FC61EA.jpeg

4 hours ago, Kyrie said:

......meanwhile, here I am, in the process of completing my 1/55s collection. Right quality at the right price. Feels great...just wanted to share my joy with you guys. I was missing this feeling.

Nice! So how many do you still have to get?IMG_5787.jpg.6342c2d09fcc77f44b8eba247fcabf76.jpg.59a2c64e1525952a5a3249d7e517e004.jpg

6 hours ago, grogall said:

Nice! So how many do you still have to get?IMG_5787.jpg.6342c2d09fcc77f44b8eba247fcabf76.jpg.59a2c64e1525952a5a3249d7e517e004.jpg

Nice set!

From the ones you´re showing, the 2002 VF-1A H.I. I remember I sold it because I didn't quite like it, too white, too toy-alike... Wait, we're collecting toys, right? Or are they models? Well, I'm not going to start with that... or have I already? 😜

I remember I bought it together with the VF-1S, so maybe it was my brain trying to compare both and got tricked. Still, right now it's not my priority... There are some that I've passed for different reasons, and I still have some variants to hunt down as well. Let's see what happens...

Edited by Kyrie

9 hours ago, grogall said:

Very nice.

Like a nitwit, I sold off a lot of my 1/55s when the 1/48’s came out. 

I the last few years I have recouped all the Bandai Reissues. The Origin series was a bear to find.

Happy to have them back and to have acquired many others along the way.

4 hours ago, Kyrie said:

Nice set!

From the ones you´re showing, the 2002 VF-1A H.I. I remember I sold it because I didn't quite like it, too white, too toy-alike... Wait, we're collecting toys, right? Or are they models? Well, I'm not going to start with that... or have I already? 😜

I remember I bought it together with the VF-1S, so maybe it was my brain trying to compare both and got tricked. Still, right now it's not my priority... There are some that I've passed for different reasons, and I still have some variants to hunt down as well. Let's see what happens...

Ja, sadly my mom gave away all my original Takatoku's in the early 90's. Was glad to get all the reissues in around 2002-2005. I bought a Yamato 1/48 VF-1A and strike set back in 2003 and wasn't overly impressed by the lack of printing, still have it but now it's DX Chogokin all the way! 🤪

15 hours ago, Kyrie said:

I remember reading in this thread about owning a loose-not-too-mint specimen, being a day-to-day companion and not being afraid of wearing it out, sort of thing... well, here´s mine... Always on my desk, today in fighter mode... 

EDC0629B-215F-431D-A431-B29360FC61EA.jpeg

If you ever want the armor and gun for him at a good price, this seller on ebay has them for sale: https://www.ebay.com/itm/165529039117?var=465067910122

7 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

@Kyrie better to buy OG when the t’s still available.

At least that’s my preference.

The problem with "OG" is that for the price, the parts are really fragile.

We're talking about thin plastic clips from 1985 that have undergone whoever knows how many stresses from being attached and detached repeatedly. Abuse of nearly 40 years plus UV over that time period, heat/ cold, non-optimum storage conditions, being dropped, sat on, etc... and all of these are unknown factors when you get them.

If it's the reissues for the valks (Origin of Valkyrie, etc), that's different. All the same, unless you Ihave to have "OG", this should suffice.

1 hour ago, pengbuzz said:

The problem with "OG" is that for the price, the parts are really fragile.

We're talking about thin plastic clips from 1985 that have undergone whoever knows how many stresses from being attached and detached repeatedly. Abuse of nearly 40 years plus UV over that time period, heat/ cold, non-optimum storage conditions, being dropped, sat on, etc... and all of these are unknown factors when you get them.

If it's the reissues for the valks (Origin of Valkyrie, etc), that's different. All the same, unless you Ihave to have "OG", this should suffice.

In some instances yes. But not for every set of parts.

Besides, buying original parts guarantees proper fit and finish when the appropriate pieces are procured.

It takes but a few minutes to determine if the parts are worth their value. If you decide to buy due to being cheap well expect the worst. There are tons of great parts still available. Find a complete set and take the plunge.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

8 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Find a complete set and take the plunge.

I would except for a few minor inconveniences, such as:

-rent

-medication

-groceries

-utilities

-fuel

-insurance

Anyways, thanks for the input on this. I'll see myself to the airlock now...

On 6/18/2024 at 8:06 PM, Kyrie said:

Is this a hot collectible now?  I remember pre-ordering and then finally getting that from BBTS back in the day.  Man I've gotten old.  

4 hours ago, myk said:

Is this a hot collectible now?  I remember pre-ordering and then finally getting that from BBTS back in the day.  Man I've gotten old.  

It's for nostalgic reasons that these are a thing, A lot of us old farts started with these back then, so that alone make them worthwhile ! A lot of newer toys are a lot better detailed and have better collectors value! 🤓

Edited by grogall

On 6/19/2024 at 2:07 PM, grogall said:

Ja, sadly my mom gave away all my original Takatoku's in the early 90's. Was glad to get all the reissues in around 2002-2005. I bought a Yamato 1/48 VF-1A and strike set back in 2003 and wasn't overly impressed by the lack of printing, still have it but now it's DX Chogokin all the way! 🤪

Ups ! Please forgive our moms cause they didn´t know what they were doing! 

On 6/19/2024 at 3:20 PM, pengbuzz said:

If you ever want the armor and gun for him at a good price, this seller on ebay has them for sale: https://www.ebay.com/itm/165529039117?var=465067910122

Thanks! I am OK with it being without armor. It´s just my day-to-day companion that I can transform for my stress-free moments, or just a quick staring like a teenager being in love .... 😜 Got a bunch boxed and complete NM - M. I think I have some armor sets as well somewhere. When is about Jetfire G1, got a little crazy and bought a lot of stuff....

And now that I remember, I bought from DD the purple ones for upgrade / replace purposes for my evil Jetfire. Didn´t work out. The plastic was not rigid enough, and the arm little clips broke on the first try.... Maybe got better nowadays.

Edited by Kyrie

I found the VF-1A my wife got me in 2002. I didn't appreciate it enough then.  Love the shade of brown more than the Yamato. Find myself looking at the Super Roy/Hikaru on ebay but oof. 

6 hours ago, Uxi said:

I found the VF-1A my wife got me in 2002. I didn't appreciate it enough then.  Love the shade of brown more than the Yamato. Find myself looking at the Super Roy/Hikaru on ebay but oof. 

I bought a bunch of 'em off Mandarake and Jungle for a great price not too long ago.  I don't remember the exact prices, but they were >$100 off eBay prices at the time for some reason.  I wouldn't recommend Jungle because they double-charged me for a huge purchase (e.g., something like $1500) and I had to eat it because my bank accepted their invoices (even though the bank couldn't read any of it because everything was in Japanese and, interestingly, all of the documentation looked like it had been photocopied a dozen times).  It's life.

2 hours ago, 26662 said:

I bought a bunch of 'em off Mandarake and Jungle for a great price not too long ago.  I don't remember the exact prices, but they were >$100 off eBay prices at the time for some reason.  I wouldn't recommend Jungle because they double-charged me for a huge purchase (e.g., something like $1500) and I had to eat it because my bank accepted their invoices (even though the bank couldn't read any of it because everything was in Japanese and, interestingly, all of the documentation looked like it had been photocopied a dozen times).  It's life.

The difference is due to the currency exchange.

you really have to pay attention to maintain a a healthy exercise or positive achievement.

;) 

On 6/22/2024 at 12:22 AM, 26662 said:

I avoid Jungle like the plague; had a friend who got rooked by them and their bank couldn't help him. :(