TV show flight suit question

VF-1James

Should the stripe on the sleaves of the TV show flight suit continue on the shoulder, or does it stop where the arm and shoulder meet? I've seen it both ways, but wondered if there was an official way it should look. If not, what do you guys like better?

Should the stripe on the sleaves of the TV show flight suit continue on the shoulder, or does it stop where the arm and shoulder meet?  I've seen it both ways, but wondered if there was an official way it should look.  If not, what do you guys like better?

329809[/snapback]

hey... how's the project going?

The stripe goes all the way up to where the collar meets the shoulder. Also note that the stripe on the side from where the armpit down to the feet have lines that goes across.

Should the stripe on the sleaves of the TV show flight suit continue on the shoulder, or does it stop where the arm and shoulder meet?  I've seen it both ways, but wondered if there was an official way it should look.  If not, what do you guys like better?

329809[/snapback]

hey... how's the project going?

The stripe goes all the way up to where the collar meets the shoulder. Also note that the stripe on the side from where the armpit down to the feet have lines that goes across.

329811[/snapback]

Hey, the project's going I guess... I hope he'll get on it again soon. Thanks for the tip EXO, as that's what I probably would have gone for as well. And yeah, I know about the lines on the leg stripes- the HK guy didn't do them on his prototype costume, so I complained. He also made the costume for the body Roy is using, so it just didn't work out at all, and he has to redo it (I guess something got lost in translation here- a favorite of mine <_< ).

Yeah, of course it's rude to ask... Hehehe, there's no problem if you REALLY want to see it, but it sure isn't that amazing. I don't mind that he wants to use leather though, I think it could work. So anyway, we're sending this one to the junkyard, but doing another one. I don't know why in the world he made this, because I told him we were doing the DYRL version first. Oh well, he made it, it failed, and now we're back at the start of things. I hope he'll wow me soon enough though...

Another question Exo, do you know how many stripes are on the front of the flight suit? In some images, there are two stripes, but a lot of times, there is just one single stripe. 80's animation is so confusing sometimes...

BTW- this should probably be in the Toy forum.

post-2889-1127188839_thumb.jpg

post-2889-1127188865_thumb.jpg

post-2889-1127188878_thumb.jpg

Edited by VF-1James

*gasp* Im sorry to cut into your conversation here why ya dumping that suit if ya wasted money and its leather?I see too much good fan work these days this is one of the best ones in progress Iv seen before ya can probaly sell it on ebay maybe but I hope your next suit turns out better than the first. Sorry to cut into the conversation, Sorry if I pissed ya off EXO or VF-1James :mellow: . But why is the conversation private anyways? Well keep up the good work :) .

Off Topic:They should have a feature in this forum where you can invite a certain members into it and others cant see it or access it.

Edited by Dean

*gasp* Im sorry to cut into your conversation here why ya dumping that suit if ya wasted money and its leather?I see too much good fan work these days this is one of the best ones in progress Iv seen before ya can probaly sell it on ebay maybe but I hope your next suit turns out better than the first. Sorry to cut into the conversation, Sorry if I pissed ya off EXO or VF-1James :mellow: . But why is the conversation private anyways? Well keep up the good work :) .

Off Topic:They should have a feature in this forum where you can invite a certain members into it and others cant see it or access it.

329905[/snapback]

I was joking... ;)

Yeah, of course it's rude to ask...  Hehehe, there's no problem if you REALLY want to see it, but it sure isn't that amazing.  I don't mind that he wants to use leather though, I think it could work.  So anyway, we're sending this one to the junkyard, but doing another one.  I don't know why in the world he made this, because I told him we were doing the DYRL version first.  Oh well, he made it, it failed, and now we're back at the start of things.  I hope he'll wow me soon enough though...

Another question Exo, do you know how many stripes are on the front of the flight suit?  In some images, there are two stripes, but a lot of times, there is just one single stripe.  80's animation is so confusing sometimes...

BTW- this should probably be in the Toy forum.

329902[/snapback]

there should be a blue strip down the middle. Maybe it would help if the zipper was blue then continues down and around the back.

Also, the collar, I believe, can be tucked into a turtleneck. When they are in atmosphere the collar is out, but in space the collar is folded neatly and goes right into the base of the helmet. That's when the helmet has the mouthpiece and the visor down and a small piece underneath to keep the air in. Dunno if thats doable. Looks awesome, too bad it didn't turn out well.

Edited by >EXO<

329905[/snapback]

Yeah, we were kidding, this is an open conversation, you're more than welcome to comment. I'm dumping it because it just won't fit anything, it's going to be too large for the body that Hikaru will use, and too small for the one Roy will use (we're modifying that body to make it taller). So there's no way it will work for me... I don't know if I wasted my money on it or not yet, he wasn't clear on what he's charging me now... I do know that I've spent $340 on this project so far, and I hope to get something completed here soon from him. Based on the fact that he seems to be copying the head designs from the CM's figures, I hope he'll do a Max sculpt soon as well (but I'll probably just wait for EXO's one anyway).

So EXO, is it one or two blue stripes down the middle? I know the regular uniform has two stripes on the collar, but the flight suit keeps changing on me. Even the line art is unclear of this...

Edited by VF-1James

329905[/snapback]

Yeah, we were kidding, this is an open conversation, you're more than welcome to comment. I'm dumping it because it just won't fit anything, it's going to be too large for the body that Hikaru will use, and too small for the one Roy will use (we're modifying that body to make it taller). So there's no way it will work for me... I don't know if I wasted my money on it or not yet, he wasn't clear on what he's charging me now... I do know that I've spent $340 on this project so far, and I hope to get something completed here soon from him. Based on the fact that he seems to be copying the head designs from the CM's figures, I hope he'll do a Max sculpt soon as well (but I'll probably just wait for EXO's one anyway).

So EXO, is it one or two blue stripes down the middle? I know the regular uniform has two stripes on the collar, but the flight suit keeps changing on me. Even the line art is unclear of this...

329920[/snapback]

one blue stripe, I know I've seen the ones where its a darker blue in the middle of a wider lighter blue strip, but all the line art draw them with one strip down the middle of the red.

I had an idea this morning about the TV flight suit. I think that it is impossible to make it look perfect with the way it opens in the front. However, what if we just had it sewn directly onto the body, so that it wasn't removable? It would certainly improve the look, but then we'd have to get extra bodies for the flight suits. Is this a good idea, or are you guys not willing to do that? Perhaps he can do two versions, because I don't really want that opening in the front.