Good Kit Recommendations

SpacyAce2012

Hello!

I'm new to the forum and this is my first topic posted.

I haven't assembled any Macross kits in several years. However,I have a renewed interest is starting back up again.

The only kits I have much experience with are those that were put out by Arii.

So I posted this to get some recommendations on any other good lines/companies I should try out.

hi and welcome!! I've put together 2 Hasegawa kits. The detail and mould is spectacular, but they are very fragile. Not like your Gundam MG kits. You need time, patience, glue, paint, a fine attention to detail and a delicate hand and they look great. Also, anything recent (ie, decent construction) has been made by hasegawa.

Probably why mine look like crap. ;)

Yeah...Hasegawa kits are true model kits! B))

You get a lot of fun out of them and will require some skills to get them right, not like the latest BanDai MG and PG kits where no glue or putty is needed, not even sanding down parts as all are nicely hidden <_<

Yeah...Hasegawa kits are true model kits!  B))

You get a lot of fun out of them and will require some skills to get them right, not like the latest BanDai MG and PG kits where no glue or putty is needed, not even sanding down parts as all are nicely hidden  <_<

327153[/snapback]

Those aren't model kits. Those are unassembled toys.

I like the Hasegawa airplaine kits. LOTS of detail for a 1/72! Much more than you see on your typical old-school Revell/Monogram or Testor's kit. Very modern kits cast with all the latest bells and whistles. They don't transform, but look much more beautiful in fighter form than anything else you can buy (built or unbuilt)

Something you might want to try is the Bandai VF2SS kit (from MacrossII). It's a snap-together kit molded in color. Easy construction, and LOTS of parts! Not too much detail, but it's pretty solid.

nobody mentioned the bandai sd kits with working guns?!?!? super simple, transformable, and sooooo much room for custumization. I'd suggest picking up at least one. Take you less than an hour to build but what you do from there is up to you ;)