Any news from BBI?

Has there been any news from BBI (Blue Box) about any new 1:18 scale aircraft coming out soon (non WW2)?

I once heard mention of an A-10 and even saw a couple pics of the prototype for it. Is there anything new on this?

Also, would anyone like to start a petition to BBI to make a 1:18 scale F-14? I have my F-18 sitting here in my office, and tons of people have already stopped by to admire it, and even asked if there was an F-14 available. So I know there's interest out there. Just imagine for a moment a 1:18 scale F-14 with the low viz Jolly Rogers markings on it........

THeir P-51 came out a few months back and the most recent is the Corsair. Both are at Toys R us for 40$. A lot of people say they are better than the 21st century versions, but also look forward to the retooled mustang 21st is putting out later this year. The F-16 came out last year.

A LOT of people...obviously including me WANT an F-14. THat and an F-4. If they did an F-14 in VF-1 Wolfpack colors..my god...too beautiful for words. That and VF-84 jolly rogers. For a limited edition the VX-4 playboy bunny version would be cool too.

There are 2 rumors at this point. One is that BBI is planning on making a 1/18 MI-24 HIND. The other which is surprising and just happened recently...is that BBI is planning to also make a 1/18 scale F-15 Eagle.

All I can say is HOLY crap and if they DO make an eagle, they better make a tomcat that way we have ALL of the 1980's teen fighters! The F-14,15,16 and 18 are arguably the most popular fighters of that decade. The F-14 is retiring next year so if BBI makes one to commemorate that it would be totally awesome.

BBI is also making a target exclusive line. For a 2 pack of figures with accessories and weapons, you only pay 5$. This line is less detailed than the TRU exclusive line, and a lot cheaper. Nonetheeless its good for the money, and they have VEHICLES!!!!! These are all "joe scale" meaning they are more in tune to scale with gijoe vehicles rather than being true 1/18 scale. Prices for vehicles are 10-20$, and so far apparently there is not only a commanche and another helicopter, but an

A-10! For 20$. With parachute? and pilot figure. Not this is joe scaled but it looked like it was more in scale than the cobra rattler was.

The rumor I read on this was that the BBI owner's son kept begging for an A-10 and presumably this is the result.

So Target gets the "joe scale" BBI stuff for cheap, TRU gets the high quality stuff which is a lot pricier. Both different markets, but joe fans might be happy with the target stuff.

That A-10 looks like a beaut! I saw some links but only found 1 in box...the rest of the links did not work so I will post when I find working ones.

*note the A-10 proto you saw long ago was a 21st century prototype...which is either canncelled or in limbo. The next 1/18 21st century stuff are the F-104(which is out I think or soon), the avengerFINALLY!, the F-86, MIG-15, and a retooled P-51.*

BTW Faliat. Knight 26 gave us a great review on his B BI F/A-18. How about one from you...and some PICS!!!!? :)

Thanks for the info!!

I have the 18, 16 and the P51 released by them, and they're all great.

An F-15 by them would be awesome. Just hope they get around to an f-14 someday soon. They have at least 10 for sure buyers where I work.

I'd take an F-14 if it actually was any particular type of F-14. Their F-18 is an "Early-late Block 10/26 F-18A/C/A+". If they'd simply made say, an F-18C, it'd be nice. But it's a mish-mash of parts, as if they referenced photos of any and all Hornets, not modeling any particular type. Plus it has too many nose gear doors. How do you mess THAT up? 3 is not 4, a two-year old can tell you that.

Same for the F-16. It's pretty close to a Block 25. But not quite--and that's really off since they tend to release them as Block 40/50. If they'd actually made a Block 40 or 50, it'd be great since they're nigh-identical and would work very well for what they paint them as.

So if they made an F-14, I'd expect it to be a Block 70/Block 150 F-14A/D mish-mash of parts. :(

When you get to 1:18 scale, little things become quite obvious. I mean, most of these things are easily visible in 1/72 scale...

What's a good online store for the 1:18th scale aircraft?

314860[/snapback]

Badcataviation.com seems to have the best prices right now man. BBTS comes to a close 2nd. The thing about badcat, is that they get exclusive decos from time to time(the Blue angels 1/18 F/A-18s, the ANG and other 11 different decal F-16s, some exclusive 21st century paint decos, and the newest P-51 redeco...along with a proposed 1/18 F/A-18 in CAG red devils markings from BBI). Apparently badcat is also one of the biggest stockers of the 1`/18 jet lines and he even made it to the news papers at one point during x mas.

Fatalist how about some reviews and pics man? I want to see your 1/18 collection~!

I too hope they make an F-14. The F-15 and F-14 would do very well IMHO. I mean come on..the cat's retirement is next year, fans are gonna go nostalgic and want something to relive their memories. The F-15 will be around for a long while and is very very popular. Not to mention variants and redecos for the F-15 would b very very simple to do. IF we get a strike eagle out of this...OMG...

Me? I for one would not mind having in the fictiious Top Gun markings on an F-14 1/18 scale toy. Lord knows a bunch of us back then during childhood would have LOVED one!

And still do.

I'd take an F-14 if it actually was any particular type of F-14.  Their F-18 is an "Early-late Block 10/26 F-18A/C/A+".  If they'd simply made say, an F-18C, it'd be nice.  But it's a mish-mash of parts, as if they referenced photos of any and all Hornets, not modeling any particular type.  Plus it has too many nose gear doors.  How do you mess THAT up?  3 is not 4, a two-year old can tell you that. 

Same for the F-16.  It's pretty close to a Block 25.  But not quite--and that's really off since they tend to release them as Block 40/50.  If they'd actually made a Block 40 or 50, it'd be great since they're nigh-identical and would work very well for what they paint them as. 

So if they made an F-14, I'd expect it to be a Block 70/Block 150 F-14A/D mish-mash of parts.    :(

When you get to 1:18 scale, little things become quite obvious.  I mean, most of these things are easily visible in 1/72 scale...

314897[/snapback]

Not to sound rude or anything, but you do realize they are toys right? They're not meant to be perfect down to the rivet. Personally, I'm just happy to have something so huge. Its a rarity. And until the "huge scale toy" market booms, I'm going to be happy with what I have and whats offered.

I'd be glad to post my collection, but I am in the process of transporting them to my work office and hanging them from the ceiling. On top of that, my F-16 somehow lost its nose thingy. So it looks a little off. Someday though, I'll put up some pics.

I'd take an F-14 if it actually was any particular type of F-14.  Their F-18 is an "Early-late Block 10/26 F-18A/C/A+".  If they'd simply made say, an F-18C, it'd be nice.  But it's a mish-mash of parts, as if they referenced photos of any and all Hornets, not modeling any particular type.  Plus it has too many nose gear doors.  How do you mess THAT up?  3 is not 4, a two-year old can tell you that. 

Same for the F-16.  It's pretty close to a Block 25.  But not quite--and that's really off since they tend to release them as Block 40/50.  If they'd actually made a Block 40 or 50, it'd be great since they're nigh-identical and would work very well for what they paint them as. 

So if they made an F-14, I'd expect it to be a Block 70/Block 150 F-14A/D mish-mash of parts.    :(

When you get to 1:18 scale, little things become quite obvious.  I mean, most of these things are easily visible in 1/72 scale...

314897[/snapback]

...so we take it and MAKE it right ;)

314897[/snapback]

...so we take it and MAKE it right ;)

314940[/snapback]

Exactly! Man, I hope they make an F-14D with optional squadron decals. While you guys like the popular one, I want the one with the Tomcatters VF-31. I like the Felix the Cat on the tailfin. :p

Does anyone have any spare F-16 parts? I'm missing a few things and I want it to be complete again. I am missing the left side missle rail and sidewinder (if looking head on at the nose), 1 green bomb, and the nose needle.

Sorry if none of that was not the proper tech terms for the parts. I'm not edjumicated in those area's. Just know I like the planes. :p:p:p

I've already emailed BBI and they can't help me in this. I might email badcataviation next if nobody can help me.

Thanks!

A-10!  For 20$.  With parachute?  and pilot figure.  Not this is joe scaled but it looked like it was more in scale than the cobra rattler was.

The rumor I read on this was that the BBI owner's son kept begging for an A-10 and presumably this is the result.

So Target gets the "joe scale" BBI stuff for cheap, TRU gets the high quality stuff which is a lot pricier.  Both different markets, but joe fans might be happy with the target stuff.

That A-10 looks like a beaut!  I saw some links but only found 1 in box...the rest of the links did not work so I will post when I find working ones.

*note the A-10 proto you saw long ago was a 21st century prototype...which is either canncelled or in limbo. The next 1/18 21st century stuff are the F-104(which is out I think or soon), the avengerFINALLY!, the F-86, MIG-15, and a retooled P-51.*

BTW Faliat. Knight 26 gave us a great review on his B BI F/A-18. How about one from you...and some PICS!!!!? :)

314760[/snapback]

Hold on a second, there is an A-10 TOY out right now, where man? I need it. Also does anyone have any extra sparrows off the BBI F-16, I would like to mod my BBI F/A-18 and hang them off the sparrow mounts.

A-10!  For 20$.  With parachute?  and pilot figure.  Not this is joe scaled but it looked like it was more in scale than the cobra rattler was.

So Target gets the "joe scale" BBI stuff for cheap, TRU gets the high quality stuff which is a lot pricier.  Both different markets, but joe fans might be happy with the target stuff.

That A-10 looks like a beaut!  I saw some links but only found 1 in box...the rest of the links did not work so I will post when I find working ones.

314760[/snapback]

Hold on a second, there is an A-10 TOY out right now, where man? I need it. Also does anyone have any extra sparrows off the BBI F-16, I would like to mod my BBI F/A-18 and hang them off the sparrow mounts.

315765[/snapback]

Yes there is! It's at target knight, but if you cannot find it now, look for it after the reset which is this week. It's joe scale so be warned it is squashed and not to true 1/18 scale. It's got some cartridge loading missle firing feature and light and sound. I hear the engines are bigger than the vertical stabilizers...nonetheless I am still giving it a chance and want to see more of it. Other complaints are that it tips back on its small landing gear since the weight is mainly towards the back. Here is an intial report from firefox 91

firefox91

Posted: 07/30/05 10:45

Post subject: 

JoeRhyno wrote:

firefox91 wrote:

I have to start with the A-10. I haven't opened this yet. I will get get some pics up as soon as I can.

so... did you open it yet???

Well, I finally did last night. I have to say all my excitement on how it looked in the box was crushed after I opened it and put it together. I did mention it suffers from the stunted designs much like recent Joe vehicles before. Once you put it together, you see it looks pretty bad. The rear tail fins are way too small and the engines are too big. It just looked rediculous. The landing gear also looks odd because it is so small and the plane is so big. Not a big deal until you set the vehicle down. It is heavy in the rear so it pops a wheelie just setting it down. The bombs also came off the wings just by setting it down. The shooting gun was interesting. You loaded the cartridge in the top and actually had to cock back the fuel tank underneath to load a round. Pull the trigger and it shoots. Had decent range but the rounds would jam up inside pretty easily.

Sorry guys, I was so dissapointed I didn't bother taking pictures. I spent a bunch of time tying it back into the box so I can return it today. I hate to say it, but this round of BBI vehicles is a bust in my book.

Nonetheless I am used to joescale...and for 20$ I don't think anyone expected a huge true to scale 1/18 scale bird like the cancelled 1/18 A-10 from 21st century toys. I liked the PTE F/A-18 and the gijoe thunderwing even if they were "joescale".*Knight, I still remember you asking for pics of slipstream...I will take pics and post them sometime next week for you!...He is one of the greatest sculpt figures in gijoe...and the BEST pilot figure they have EVER made!* Besides a 1/18 scale A-10 would be a lot more than 20$...so if you enjoy joescale stuff then I suppose you would not mind the A-10. For what its worth I tend to think it looks BETTER at this point, than the cobra rattler...which though I do love it, looks like a tadpole with wings.

And from what the box pic shows...it can't look that bad...I hope.

Any of you who get it please post a pic!

heres a link

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ekbarco/deta...21e.jpg&.src=ph

thanks for the pic, I may have to see this thing in person but I doubt I will buy it, after all there is Joe scale and then this thing, it looks like something for playschool, at least your typical joe scale aircraft tends to have the general proportions more correct.

thanks for the pic, I may have to see this thing in person but I doubt I will buy it, after all there is Joe scale and then this thing, it looks like something for playschool, at least your typical joe scale aircraft tends to have the general proportions more correct.

315831[/snapback]

I duno I tend to think this is joescale. I mean there have been better examples in joescale...the skystriker and conquest and nightraven being the best examples. Even the thunderwing...though it is one of the best planes we got in the gijoe line...is not as joescaled and looks squashed(wide fueselage but wings not as wide as they should be...not to mention fat rather than sleek rather than the F-22)..

This A-10 for what its worth, looks decent., I want to buy it but I too am waiting on seeing it in person. The only other one I have is the rattler repainted into an A-10 that was part of the 97 joe reissues. And like I said, to me this looks more like an A-10 than a rattler. I mean the A-10 isn't supposed to be slender...its a thick plane and armored.

Nonetheless I see why people are complaining and dissapointed.

PTE right now seems to make the best gijoe planes...their 20$ F/A-18 at TRu seems like a modernzed 1980's gijoe plane more than the thunderwing does!

(Knight if you want pics of that F/A-18 I can also take pics of it next weekend when I go home).

http://www.joecustoms.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=28858

Links to the new pics!

Now had this thing been a lot longer...I think it would have looked a LOT better. As it stands it looks okay....in some respects better than the rattler, in some respects definitely not. Nonetheless it has more of an A-10 feel but it is a little too thick and compressed. Nonetheless it looks big and to me is definitely worth the 20$.

I'll probably pick it up sometime.

I HOPE they do a joescale F-14 with much better proportions. Or a F-16 and MIG-29.

Interesting, I might consider picking it up now that I see it assembled. heck if you buy a couple you might be able to cut it up and make some fuselage and wing plugs to make it more accurate. I remember a while ago seeing a rattler on joecustoms that was customized into an A-10. It looked really good, too bad they pulled it down.

Knight, I found a couple of customized rattlers to A-10s over at joecustoms...still up. heres a gray one.

http://joecustoms.com/customs/customs_spec...d=vehicle&id=83

If I remember right, he sanded off the rims for the gunner canopy, and filled in the hole with putty. Then painted over. There is a couple others in the joe and cobra sections of the vehicles section. LOTS of rattlers in specialized camo. The Conquest II custom is very interesting....PTE F-18 smashed togethere with a conquest. Ends up looking like a would be F-18 made by the chinese(kind of resembles the FC-1).

The more I look at the BBI A-10 the more I think this is meant to fit in with the gijoe F-22 thunderwing(which I heard is UBERclearanced at target for either 15$ or LESS!...which is a steal considering the pilot, slipstream is a great mold, and it is one of the HEAVIEST gimmick laden joe planes...and yes its got a good heft to it and interesting gimmick...kind of like the old ghoststriker X-16).

I mean the thunderwings got a sensor pod on the bottom to conceal its missle launcher exit, and its got a loading bay for the rotary missle launcher, not to mention a fold in joystick, light and sounds, and bomb dropping.(but unlike the A-10 its got a unique target sighting gimmick which is more advanced compared to the ol ghost strikers').

The BBI A-10s got the same stuff! But instead of a rotary launcher...a missle magazine. But a way more detailed cockpit!

Not to mention both planes looks scrunched up...so the A-10 fits !

Yea I probably will buy it.

That reminds me.. Knight and anyone else....any of you have the gijoe storm eagle and cobra liquidator? Both were very cheap water squirting gijoe planes. The Storm eagle was an underscaled YF-23 and the liquidator a SAAB draken. Nonetheless their proportions were better than the gijoe tigerhawk and I kind of regret not buying them, the sky rave, and the X-16 ghost striker.

Actually I remember another one that they took down, it had the engines all pulled off and rearranged properly, plus the wings were fixed, the turrett removed and the tails modified. It looked pretty good, but that page listing it is now gone. I am considering running by target tonight to get eyes on this plane, and I agree I would rather have a true 1:18 scale A-10, but hey I'm a hog nut and this may suffice for now. Also BBI probably realizes that the younger kids are cash cows, get them hooked on the less accurate stuff to rake in the money, but still release, on a slightly less active schedule, the 1:18 beauties.

Actually I remember another one that they took down, it had the engines all pulled off and rearranged properly, plus the wings were fixed, the turrett removed and the tails modified.  It looked pretty good, but that page listing it is now gone.  I am considering running by target tonight to get eyes on this plane, and I agree I would rather have a true 1:18 scale A-10, but hey I'm a hog nut and this may suffice for now.  Also BBI probably realizes that the younger kids are cash cows, get them hooked on the less accurate stuff to rake in the money, but still release, on a slightly less active schedule, the 1:18 beauties.

317744[/snapback]

Knight they actually might have a more active schedule than you think...over @warbird-photos.com/gpxd(small scale soldiers..? I know it used to be groundpounders' xd) more BBI information has been released.

There will be something the fans are BEGGING for released in 1/18 realistic scale...from what I gather it is a plane. And NOT WWII! So its modern! The 2 things I keep seeing on many forums in demand are the A-10 and F-14. Knight you should join up man, fatalist is there too, and we've all been asking BBI some questions and getting answers in a matter of mere HOURS!

I asked about a 1/18 USMC F/A-18D night attack 2 seater and super hornet, no go. He said it is too similar to their hornet right now and if they do release another boeing jet(whom they get along with real well), it will NOT be a hornet! (crosses fingers for F-15....wait....F-4!!).

I suggested ideas to pack a 1/18 F-14 but he replied they already knew how :) ....not to say theres one coming but they know how to pack it.

The MI-24 HIND is only a matter of time...eventual release.

Combat Command is purely done at target's request....it does NOT INTERFERE with the adult realistic 1/18 elite force@TRU.

I asked about the licenses they got from northrop grumman and they said they have many from WWII and modern, but as far as which ones we have to wait and see. He said the phantom skyhawk and crusader are great subjects and again wait and see. He also said commemorative schemes are nice but not as saleable(I referred to the last cruise tomcats with vintage 70's liveries).

He did say that even lockheed was impressed by the F-16(the last similar scale toy being the X-16 gijoe ghost striker from 94). I suggested the JSF and F-22, he replied saying Lockheed asked about those TOO! :p

The A-10 was approved by Northrop Grumman. When I asked about a plane they would want to make if they had a trillion dollars, he mentioned the XB-70! I get the feeling this guy is a fan just like us not to mention he is a civilian pilot as well.

Knight, I did not have a chance to take pictures of Slipstream but I will when I go home for a break this week. I did get the A-10, its HUGE! Bigger than the thunderwing, and makes the gijoe rattler look SMALL! It has the essence of the A-10....only complaints is that cockpit does not have good rearward visibility and the vertical stabilizers could be a tad bigger. Other than that it is HUGE and I felt it was A STEAL@ only 20$!!! The airbrake(which I doubt is on the real plane from my understanding the brakes on the A-10 are near the flaps like the A-6), is on its spine and doubles as a HUD for when you aim to fire missles! The missle firing action is fun. The bomb dropping is iffy but the actuator tabs for it are actually small flaps! Most of the small details aside the insignia and USAF crest are tampo printed on. The plane is HUGE. Sure this is for joescale figures but holy crap this is the BIGGEST gijoe sized plane in recent years. I thought it would be a bit smaller than the gijoe F-22 thunderwing, I was DEAD wrong. Now that I think about it..it might be bigger than BBI's 1/18 P-51! The rattler looks like a commercial private plane compared to this thing...the minute I saw it on my shelf assembled I thought"man this is a huge ass bomber".

My gripes? Its thick in some areas....and stabilizers vertical are too short. Has the stabilizers been lengthened and the fueselage stretched, it would be GREAT!

Overall? I LOVE it! Its not the best, but for a 20$ plane what can you expect? Its more realistic than most of the joescale planes.....its got a detailed cockpit display, small throttle and joystick!

OH

the canopy is TWO PIECE! And the frames are PAINTED! With my gijoe planes I always felt my joes looked like they were sitting in planes too small for them. This plane is DEFINITELY a good size....as it really looks like he is sitting in a plane. Oh yea the landing gear is too small. But again if your an A-10 nut and like the joescale stuff like mee, then this is a DEFINITE buy!

rattler seemed too thin. This seems a bit big. The 21st century 1/18 looked perfect before it got scrapped. But for 20$? my god...I could not believe it! The thunderwing was 10$ more and its SMALLER and not as DETAILED nor as faithful to the real plane! So to me I am satisfied(the only thing that came close was this big A-10 from the late 80s that was diecast and had a pilot figure and bomb dropping action....there was also an F-15 in that series as well..anyone know the name?).

The pilot is a throwaway just replace him with slipstream or ace and your good to go! ;)

*FORGOT...but anyone remember the San Diego Comic con last year? Well there were a few "black skull" BBI F/A-18s there for sale. But now production versions are on sale@amazon for 56$!!!!!!!!!!!!! HERE IS THE link!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...6260943-1324639 *

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

I'd join, but I'd quickly become known as "that guy who only points out all the errors on the models". :) I'd buy an F-14 in an instant from them, if it actually was accurate to a specific type, and not a mish-mash of various Tomcat parts. (Their Hornet is neither A nor C, their F-16 is kinda a C-Block 25 but not quite, etc) I wouldn't be surprised if their Tomcat had parts from both 1975 and 2005...

Edited by David Hingtgen

I'd join, but I'd quickly become known as "that guy who only points out all the errors on the models". :) I'd buy an F-14 in an instant from them, if it actually was accurate to a specific type, and not a mish-mash of various Tomcat parts.  (Their Hornet is neither A nor C, their F-16 is kinda a C-Block 25 but not quite, etc)  I wouldn't be surprised if their Tomcat had parts from both 1975 and 2005...

318474[/snapback]

David, you can add your feedback, I am sure BBI would take your comments into consideration. (they actually gave answers to my questions within hours of me asking!).

Any of you who own these planes.......how heavy are these things? I like playing with my planes, so I am hoping I can fly them around with 1 hand and dogfight and such.

I also recently asked the possibility of the "paper" planes of northop in 1/18 scale.(YF-23, YF-17. F-20).

I'd join, but I'd quickly become known as "that guy who only points out all the errors on the models". :) I'd buy an F-14 in an instant from them, if it actually was accurate to a specific type, and not a mish-mash of various Tomcat parts.   (Their Hornet is neither A nor C, their F-16 is kinda a C-Block 25 but not quite, etc)  I wouldn't be surprised if their Tomcat had parts from both 1975 and 2005...

318474[/snapback]

David, you can add your feedback, I am sure BBI would take your comments into consideration. (they actually gave answers to my questions within hours of me asking!).

Any of you who own these planes.......how heavy are these things? I like playing with my planes, so I am hoping I can fly them around with 1 hand and dogfight and such.

I also recently asked the possibility of the "paper" planes of northop in 1/18 scale.(YF-23, YF-17. F-20).

318480[/snapback]

They're pretty weighty for a toy. Deffinately nothing like being able to fly around a Sky Striker like back in the day. Their pretty bulky as well, so if you can pull off a one hander, then grats to you!

I'd join, but I'd quickly become known as "that guy who only points out all the errors on the models". :) I'd buy an F-14 in an instant from them, if it actually was accurate to a specific type, and not a mish-mash of various Tomcat parts.  (Their Hornet is neither A nor C, their F-16 is kinda a C-Block 25 but not quite, etc)  I wouldn't be surprised if their Tomcat had parts from both 1975 and 2005...

318474[/snapback]

318480[/snapback]

They're pretty weighty for a toy. Deffinately nothing like being able to fly around a Sky Striker like back in the day. Their pretty bulky as well, so if you can pull off a one hander, then grats to you!

318482[/snapback]

But still durable and playable right? I've been weightlifting....and nothing will stop me from playing once I get mine! ;)

THing is they are large enough that even if you are strong enough to manage them one handed your arms would have to be pretty long and lets face it it wouldn't be fun. YOu really need to two people to play with them and have fun, like I do with my young cousins every once in a while, so long as they are careful.

2 people as in both holding the plane at the same time, or each with their own plane? Either way, I was used to hauling that huge and heavy gijoe phantom X-19 with 2 hands@ the age of 4....so the BBI jets should be no problem. Heck the A-10 is pretty big too...and I am used to it now as well.

Nothing will prevent my fun! I am so excited for these things...only mad that I did not gain interest in them earlier!

Knight, are you going to buy the black skull F-18 from amazon? I wonder if it will sell fast...the liveries never showed up on an F-18(closest is topgun black F/A-18B), but nonetheless it looks cool....and for 56$. WOW!

BTW guys who have access to a BX or relatives in the USAF/army who have access to the AAFES BX', some of the base gift stores CARRY the BBI F-16 and some other BBI product. However you will not find the F/A-18 since it is a navy bird(crosses fingers for a navy NEX to sell the BBI F/A-18 someday).

Also museums sell BBI stuff too. BBI also asked why the Dauntless wasn't mentioned much on wishlists...

And they did say they are taking note on ALL of our modern and WWII plane wishlists!

Just out of curiosity.....would anyone here want a 1/18 space shuttle? I remember how cool I thought it was even though it was unarmed...still its awesome.

Wow didn't know it was that big!

Mike Murphy from BBI chimed in again. He is working on getting us the black hornet, as the one on amazon was SUPPOSED to be the black skull...however those who ordered it got the golden dragons gray one instead.

He said there was no comment from BBI for the F-15 as far as he was aware. He also said the list of Boeing trademarks is very very long and includes outstanding aircraft from the modern area and WWII as well.

BTW he basically said that the WWII birds they made were to get money to make up for costs. And he said there were a few WWII birds that they knew would make a lot of money and there will be more. However I think he was reiterating that modern jets are still coming in force..the WWII stuff is just to get some money easy.

He said the Russians(MIG/Sukhoi), he said they are still an option and once again "wait and see".

I asked earlier for you flanker and fulcrum fans, Knight I know you love the fulcrum, so I had to ask him. Heck I wouldn't mind one either~!...It's such an overlooked plane.

Speaking of sizes, my F-16 arrived today and the thing is plain HUGE! I'm sorta glad I didn't go with a Hornet first as it's bigger and now I have to figure out exactly where I'd put a second one (time to mount planes to the ceiling, perhaps...). :) Yeah, I could've figured out the actual dimensions through calculations, but I picked up the BBI P-51 at a ToysR'Us store closing for pennies and while big, it's not gigantic. Visually I've always remembered Falcons seeming somewhat small in real life (to be fair, their wingspans are about the same and I think that's what I had remembered the most when I saw the two together at an airshow...and otherwise my experience with Falcons was seeing them parked next to Eagles at McGuire back in my youth...so maybe that's why my sense of size comes from).

Anyway, for those who haven't seen these in comparison to other things and are thinking of buying a few, here's a picture next to two planes most people here will have some idea of the size of: a 1/60 and 1/48 Yamato VF-1. As much as an 1/18 F-14 would be awesome, I don't know if I need a coffee table. :D

post-102-1124320152_thumb.jpg

My jaw hit the floor when 1:18th scale fighter planes started coming out almost 6 years ago, beginning with 21st century's P-51. My current 'fave is the P-47, along with the Corsair and the current BBI P-51, which I haven't de-boxed for the sake of space, or lack of it....As for the jets-too much money, not enough space, too many errors like Dave pointed out earlier...

As for upcoming releases, the only thing I knew about was their TBF Avenger that has been delayed for at least a year now...

post-1069-1124347987.jpg

post-1069-1124348004.jpg

post-1069-1124348097.jpg

Edited by myk

I just got the BBi "marines dream" Corsair. I love it!!! One thing though, I wish the would have stated how to use the Flaps. I didn't know that you needed to pill the flaps back first before lowering them. I don't think I broke them but the do just "hang" there when lowered and aren't very secured. <_< Are all of thier planes like that?

Next which brand is the best BBi, 21st century, or extreme machines (i think is what it's called...Wal-Mart carries them)? Thanks.

Chris

Yeah...most of the issues/errors D.H. has commented on the F-16/F-18 are far beyond my own pathetic abilities to discern, but there are some nagging things. For such a detailed cockit, I'm surprised there's no full HOTAS...a nicely detailed joystick, but merely buttons and switches on the left hand side. After having fun with the P-51, I was disappointed in the lack of any articulation on the control surfaces. Still, overall it's just damn impressive...I sort of wish I had my old SkyStriker still...could have the 'X-14' (its designation, if I recall) roll up next to the substantially larger F-16 and the Falcon pilot point and laugh at Ace's Hoopty ride....of course, Ace at least has a working parachute on his ejection seat :D

From what I've heard, BBI's detail is better than the 21st Century stuff (which I've eyed for years, but never thought I'd catch the fever to buy such gigantic toy planes)...myk, how does the old 21st C. WW2 stuff compare to the new BBI ones? It would be nice to add some of the 21st C. birds to my collection if they're similar enough in quality. Of course, I'll also be somewhat disappointed as I would've preferred a Jolly Rogers or Black Sheep Corsair over the BBI one, but I can live with that if it means I can add a P-38 to the batch (yeah, and I was previously whining about size and not having room... :p ).