That voice. (this will make more sense after you've seen the latest episode). Also, Fifteen utters one of the most chilling lines I think I've ever heard a Doctor say, props again to Ncuti Gatwa for the delivery.

There will be a new "Tales of the TARDIS", at least via the BBC media sources, on the 20th June. SPEC-U-LATE!

Excellent episode, really looking forward to the last one of the season.  

I've heard that viewership is not what was planned.  I hope that does not stop production on another season.

Finally, I forgot most of the callback this one has, I only just started remembering the original when I started typing this.  

I know the villain is from a story thats highly regarded but... I've never seen it. I think I have to hand in my bag of jelly babies now or something. 😉 It was broadcast just a little early for my timeline.

According to RTD, no, viewership isn't as hoped (though this may be because in the UK at least, there is some competition as the sportsball season gears up for some event or other) but viewership among under-30s is off the charts. Of course, we only have his word for it but its also possible at the moment that people are staying in as we have lighter evenings and "Who" is broadcast currently on the BBC about the time people will be heading out for the pub (or bubble tea cafe or axe throwing club or whatever it is people do on Saturday evenings now), possibly they're catching up later. I know I have been.

Edited by F-ZeroOne

On 6/8/2024 at 2:35 PM, F-ZeroOne said:

That voice. (this will make more sense after you've seen the latest episode). Also, Fifteen utters one of the most chilling lines I think I've ever heard a Doctor say, props again to Ncuti Gatwa for the delivery.

There will be a new "Tales of the TARDIS", at least via the BBC media sources, on the 20th June. SPEC-U-LATE!

Must've missed that line (had to run to the bathroom, stomach issues).

16 hours ago, Dynaman said:

A decent ending, not great but very good.  With enough unanswered threads (plenty actually) to fuel a big mystery for a few more seasons to come.

Wasn't the best season finale but it kinda reflects the point of episode.

Spoiler

Ruby's mum isn't any special person. We think Ruby is special because Ruby's mum is special. But she's not; subverting expectations. But the memory is what's special.

15 saying he now becomes the monster reminds me of 12's speech in "Flatline" about being the man that stops the monsters.

Mrs. Flood, on the other hand, is likely another one of the pesky gods.

Guess I also wasn't alone in hearing that tune from "Time of The Doctor", "Never tell me the rules!"-speech at the end there.

Varada Sethu (who played that lady soldier in "Boom") will be the Doctor's companion next series. Millie Gibson will also be back so Ruby's part in this story isn't done yet.

• 1 month later...