my 1/48 vf-1s is broken!

ghiblione

it looks like you pinned it? will crazy glue hold those pins together with the main piece? if not, i think there are recast available for these parts.

chris

Just hit up Rohby for one. I believe he still has them available. Just ordered one from him a few days ago. Great thing is, he has them molded in the Roy 1S color so you'll have anear match. Only 5$ bucks last I recall...

What action are people doing to break these so often? Are they really that fragile?

I've bought 2 from Rohby in the past, but only for valks that I bought that had them busted.

:Dat

Ya know metal recasts woult not only be durable, but white metal would eliminate the need to paint!!

Err. White metal isn't the same white as plastic. It's just whiter than die-cast. You still need to paint it.

Frankly, I've been waiting for Yamato to improve that part for quite some time already, I guess it's best that when I get my CF I create molds for the part..

Its really a damn sturdy piece when one considers all it has to do. It's not that it's cheap or poorly designed, the very laws of physics demand that part BP-8 act as it does when too much force is placed upon it.

To be honest I like te 1/60 backpack hinge better. It locks into place and I have not heard anyone breaking it. I always wondered why it was not used on the 1/48/

The bigger the part, the more gravity acts upon it. Then if extra/additional unwanted forces are applied, breakage is the result.

Knock on wood,

Vic!

I feel your pain my friend... :(