WOLVERINE THE MOVIE

Hmm is this really needed? The first two X-men films were Wolverine movies, especially the first one. I just hope this turns out well. I like Jackman as Wolverine, I wonder if they will go for a isolated adventure or maybe the backstory on him. Weapon X story? Capatin America? Should be interesting.

well i dont have high hopes about this one, although the first 2 movies were very wolviecentric, at least they were done by a compentent director and crew so they turned out well. a wolverine movie is probably not going to be done properly, hell x3 probably wont be done properly. i feel as far as comic book movies go you should only get film makers who know about the comic itself involved so that they know how it should be handled, most of these directors are just now picking up the comic they are making movies about for the first time and are messing them up. thats why i like sam raimi, who understands spiderman, the constant loser, a man always struggling. bryan singer did a good job with group dynamics which is what xmen is about, and i loved how in x2 they were always making the joke that it isnt all about wolverine, that was classic. ang lee, who may not be a fan, understood the hulk, a powerful being who really isnt violent, he just wants to be left alone, thats why those movie worked (granted i am aware most people didnt like the hulk but i loved it and thought it was done right for an origin movie) and lets not forget sin city, why not have the creators be part of the movie making process? it will only help with the transition

Edited by kanedaestes

I have many fears that this franchise is done. The revolving door of directors on the third film and the fact that Benioff wrote Troy is just shaking any faith I have in future X-men projects. I don't want to predict doom and declare the films a failure before they are even released, but every piece of news does nothing but breed disappointment. :(

It makes sense to me. That way the movie can focus on the other members. Wolverine is way too popoular that it distracted from the X-Men, but it makes sense that he was the focus for the first 2. The good thing is, they made X-Men the movie first and not Wolverine the movie. With the way Hollywood works, if the Wolverine movie came out first, you'd probably never see him in any Xmen movie. Now that the Superman and Batman films are coming out, we'll never see a World's Finest movie made, which was already previously greenlit for Wolfgang Petersen.

there may still be a world's finest, the thing was that they were trying to do that, as well as a new superman, and like 2 different batman movies at once, and it doing work right, now that both properties are hot again, and we have fresh new actors it may still happen, ah but who should direct it? it has to be someone who can make it dark when it needs to be for the gotham scenes, and bright and new for the metropolis scenes, and whatever place that supposed to happend to bring the two heros together. but i think a brandon roth/ christian bale fight would be great to see on the big screen. and batman should win :D

the first two movies wern't as overly Wolvie centric as the comics get. infact they made fun of how Wolvie centric everything is.

Building up this whole "Who is Wolverine why does Magneto want him" and then Magneto in movie 1 "Who said anything about wanting you?"

and then in Movie 2 again Magneto "You always think its about you dont you?"

Edit one thing a Wolvie movie needs: Silver Samurai

Edited by lord_breetai