CURVE Lightsabers

Toonz

some of my lightsabers are curve after removing from the EP3 packaging and i have to say that i really HATE the EP3 packaging curve front causing some of the lightsabers to bend in shape.

does anyone know how i can straighten them? i've tried putting them in hot water but it doesn't work :angry:

are you talking about count dooku's lightsaber? If so, it's suppose to be curved. I like to call it the banana saber. :p:D:lol: Most likely your not talking about the that, but just in case! ;):p

that's just the handle...

umm the heat them um and rapid cooling method seems the tried and true method, so if boiling it won't work for you-it's typically best for softer plastics-

hit it with a hair dryer for a while then straighten it out then dunk it in ice water of your freezer

that seems to be it on the list of non extreme methods

good hunting :D:D

"My lightsabers are curved" Oh, the jokes you could make. Are you talking about the really big adult-sized sabers, or the sabres that come with the action figures? If you're talking about the tiny ones, I'd say just use a hair-dryer and some patience.

ok guys...its the lightsabers that come with the basic ep3 action figures.

not the handle, but the blade that is curve. :(

i think i will try the hair dryer method...if it still doesn't work, i may have to get some transparent rods from art and craft shops to replace the blades

post-26-1118024077_thumb.jpg

:lol: But yeah, boiling water.

There are sites for customizing SW figs in which "boil and pop" is one of the FAQ procedures.

does anyone know how i can straighten them? i've tried putting them in hot water but it doesn't work :angry:

I've found that a vigorous up and down motion with either hand, or the gf/wife's mouth tends to do the trick :p

Graham

:lol:

Awesome.  Anyone else might have something to fear from Mod reprisal from that post.  :ph34r:

Wadda ya mean? I'm talking about straightening lightsabers :D .

The methods I've describe create heat by friction and we know that heating (by hair dryer, immersion in hot water etc) can be used to cure gashapon disease. :p

Graham

(completely innocent of all charges).

Hmm.. try getting a (straight) stick, tie the lightsaber to it, then toss the whole setup into hot water. Leave it as long as you think is safe, then take it out.. if it's still bent, stick in under some (thick) books curved side up, and hope the pressure will straighten it out.

If both still don't work, then you have a pair of light-katana. Enjoy.

And keeping in the spirits of things here, I hope you do the above to the action figure lightsabers and not the adult lightsabers.

:D:lol::D