262 members have voted

1. 1. Which one are you going to get?

• xBOX360
    • Nintendo Revulotion
    • PS3
    • None
    • More than one
    • Can't think about games, Agent ONE is just so sexy, its distracting

Is anyone in a hurry to get a PS3?.  Well look at bright side many good games are coming out the few months for PS2.

316980[/snapback]

I'm in no rush. There's still some good games coming for the current-gen consoles (and with X-Men Legends II, Burnout Legends, and a better Tiger Woods for the PSP, plus Castlevania and the new Super Mario on the DS, the handhelds too). I'm buying the Xbox 360 as well, since it seems to have some games I'm interested in. I expect that the 360 will serve my next-gen needs until the PS3 becomes affordable and has some games I really want.

From Magicbox :

X B O X 3 6 0

- RUMOR: GamesIndustry.biz reported that Microsoft will launch the Xbox 360 in Europe on November 25, for 299 Pounds (or US$532, euro 430, 59,324 yen).

- Famitsu Xbox reported that 42.3% readers are more interested to the Xbox Japan Summit 2005, then the 31.5% to Sony's PlayStation Meeting 2005; while 26.2% of the readers were indifferent between the two.

The No. 01 game in Japan is SRWA3 470,003 units :D

From Magicbox :  

- Famitsu Xbox reported that 42.3% readers are more interested to the Xbox Japan Summit 2005, then the 31.5% to Sony's PlayStation Meeting 2005; while 26.2% of the readers were indifferent between the two.   

:D

318016[/snapback]

Well, it is an XBox mag... :D

Edited by Gaijin

From Magicbox : 

X B O X  3 6 0

- RUMOR: GamesIndustry.biz reported that Microsoft will launch the Xbox 360 in Europe on November 25, for 299 Pounds (or US$532, euro 430, 59,324 yen).

The No. 01 game in Japan is SRWA3 470,003 units   :D

318016[/snapback]

Are things always that expensive in Europe? :o

From Magicbox : 

X B O X  3 6 0

318016[/snapback]

318292[/snapback]

As I understand things, the prices in Europe tend to be set in a make-believe world where 1 pound/Euro = 1 US Dollar.

So, at least for video games, yes.

Edited by JB0

From Magicbox : 

X B O X  3 6 0

318016[/snapback]

318292[/snapback]

As I understand things, the prices in Europe tend to be set in a make-believe world where 1 pound/Euro = 1 US Dollar.

318296[/snapback]

I was gonna say! I mean, there is no way that the Xbox 360 is going to be that expensive when in launches in the States. I'm still fairly confident that it'll make the $299.9x sweet spot.

Is anyone in a hurry to get a PS3?.  Well look at bright side many good games are coming out the few months for PS2.

316980[/snapback]

well, I'm not. I figured I'd be in line like I was for PS2, but, nah, I'm getting pretty bored with the PS2 and the Xbox. Couldn't really get into Halo 2 last night or Socom II.

At least Socom III is coming out for PS2, but I think Halo 3 is Xbox 360 only.

Oh well.

When they get down to $199 each, that's when I'll purchase each system. Running out of time nowadays to actually play games.

From Magicbox :  

X B O X   3 6 0

318016[/snapback]

318292[/snapback]

318296[/snapback]

Yes, that's exactly how it is. Don't worry, you won't be forced to pay anywhere near as much.

I don`t wanna make a new thread !

From Guntoa :

Another Century's Episode 2

Famitsu announces a sequel to last January`s A.C.E. for the PS2 next Spring. It'll boast more than twice the number of playable mecha this time (around 70, more than 90 if you count variations). The game is 30% complete. The series list:

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory

Martian Successor Nadesico

Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Super Dimension Fortress Macross

Macross: Do You Remember Love?

Aura Battle Dunbine

Heavy Metal L-Gaim

Blue Comet SPT Layzner

Metal Armor Dragonar

Char's Counterattack

Brain Powerd

Units shown: Aestivalis OG Frame, Gundam Full Vernian "Zephyranthes", VF-1S Strike Valkyrie, Wing Gundam Zero (EW version), Dunbine, Layzner, Dragonar Unit 1, Nelly Brain, L-Gaim, Nu Gundam

Edited by Black Valkyrie

I don`t wanna make a new thread !       

From Guntoa : 

Another Century's Episode 2

Famitsu announces a sequel to last January`s A.C.E. for the PS2 next Spring. It'll boast more than twice the number of playable mecha this time (around 70, more than 90 if you count variations). The game is 30% complete. The series list:

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory

Martian Successor Nadesico

Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Super Dimension Fortress Macross

Macross: Do You Remember Love?

Aura Battle Dunbine

Heavy Metal L-Gaim

Blue Comet SPT Layzner

Metal Armor Dragonar

Char's Counterattack

Brain Powerd

Units shown: Aestivalis OG Frame, Gundam Full Vernian "Zephyranthes", VF-1S Strike Valkyrie, Wing Gundam Zero (EW version), Dunbine, Layzner, Dragonar Unit 1, Nelly Brain, L-Gaim, Nu Gundam

319167[/snapback]

That's awesome news! If only I could get my import store to carry the first one...

Oh well. My friend is going to Japan to get married next month, I'll just have him pick it up in Japan (and pray it makes the "PlayStation the Best" series before hand), along with that new Gundam game that's coming out for PSP.

Semi-on topic.

Zelda: Twilight Princess delayed to March

In fact, analysts expected the game to be Nintendo's single greatest deterrent to consumers potentially interested in Microsoft's next-generation console, Xbox 360, which is set for a November launch.

I'm an advocate of taking your time and releasing a game when it's ready, not according to any kind of schedule. But now, the biggest games for Gamecube's holiday would be Mario Party 7 and Pokemon XD. I think the only saving grace for them is that at Gamestop, we're probably cutting off the 360 reserves soon.

Semi-on topic.

Zelda: Twilight Princess delayed to March

In fact, analysts expected the game to be Nintendo's single greatest deterrent to consumers potentially interested in Microsoft's next-generation console, Xbox 360, which is set for a November launch.

I'm an advocate of taking your time and releasing a game when it's ready, not according to any kind of schedule. But now, the biggest games for Gamecube's holiday would be Mario Party 7 and Pokemon XD. I think the only saving grace for them is that at Gamestop, we're probably cutting off the 360 reserves soon.

320716[/snapback]

Bad news or not, I'm relieved to hear it. Beats another forced-out-visibly-incomplete title like Windwaker.

Prices announced

Xbox 360

all i can say is, ouch, i won't be in line.

can't justify $400 for the system, then have to add $99 for wireless networking, I'll just run another stinking cable for $12.

or I can buy the core system for $299, then add a HD for $99, etc.

sheesh.

guess i will just not bother.

Core system with no HD cables is big no no for me. $40 for Component or VGA? No HDD means no *ahem* "backwards compatibility with top selling XBox games"...

$399 for me...so I get the component cables, wireless control (that aren't rechargable unless you shell out for the pack, 20G HDD, and headset.

With a game and extra control, you're looking at $510.

PS3 at $399-$499 seems fair play now with Blu Ray.

Damn I'm going to be spending a lot for gaming.

Microsoft just removed any hope of me buying their next generation console. There's no WAY I will pay that much (especially when I don't even have HDTV). If I wanted to get assraped like that, I'd just walk around saying I was MGREXX or something... I'd get the same feeling without being $400 poorer.

(edit: Sony is gonna be laughing all the way to the bank on this one.)

Edited by Skull Leader

Though you can argue the 360 $399 package is not bad. The core one is set to rape people on extras which is the way I figured they would...gotta recoup the losses somehow.

Was it true about MS giving 3rd party periph makers a hard time so they could be the only game in town on the extras the first coupla months? I thought I had read that awhile back but I wondered if it was true...if the pricing is true it seems like it, since no 3rd party stuff will be that high except perhaps Logitech's wireless stuff.

With the core unit you get wired controllers and are restricted to 480i output unless you shell out $40 for either VGA or the component cables. Silver Live but no HDD ...you'd need those $40 memory cards. The core pack is the money maker. I wonder if the HDD model skus will be in "short supply" forcing people to buy the core and shell out for the extras?

Edited by Gaijin

from magic box:

- UNCONFIRMED: EB Games reported that Microsoft will launch Xbox 360 in US on November 2, for US$299.99. There will be around 21 launch titles, including Amped 3, Call of Duty 2, Condemned, Dead or Alive 4, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Final Fantasy XI, Full Auto, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, Gun, Kameo: Elements of Power, Madden NFL 06, NBA 2K6, NHL 2K6, The Outfit, Perfect Dark LE, Project Gotham Racing 3, Quake 4, Ridge Racer 6, Saints Row, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland and Top Spin 2.

I'll probably get Dead or Alive 4, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, Gun, and Kameo: Elements of Power :D

Was it true about MS giving 3rd party periph makers a hard time so they could be the only game in town on the extras the first coupla months?  I thought I had read that awhile back but I wondered if it was true...if the pricing is true it seems like it, since no 3rd party stuff will be that high except perhaps Logitech's wireless stuff. 

Yah. They're using a proprietary comm protocol and encrypting it, as I understand things.

Any attempt to break the encryption puts you n the wrong side of the DMCA, and MS sues you into oblivion.

Hence, no unlicensed peripherals.

Funny how everyone gets bent out of shape when MS does it, but no one cares that Sony's been doing it for 5 years with PS2 memcards.

Was it true about MS giving 3rd party periph makers a hard time so they could be the only game in town on the extras the first coupla months?  I thought I had read that awhile back but I wondered if it was true...if the pricing is true it seems like it, since no 3rd party stuff will be that high except perhaps Logitech's wireless stuff. 

Yah. They're using a proprietary comm protocol and encrypting it, as I understand things.

Any attempt to break the encryption puts you n the wrong side of the DMCA, and MS sues you into oblivion.

Funny how everyone gets bent out of shape when MS does it, but no one cares that Sony's been doing it for 5 years with PS2 memcards.

321245[/snapback]

That's been a Sony complaint as far as I can remember...but I suppose it's a fact of life for everyone now.

I wasn't asking about the unlicensed stuf though ..I thought I read MS wouldn't be allowing 3rd party licensed stuff at launch that would interfere with their 1st party stuff like av cables and controllers.

from magic box:

- UNCONFIRMED: EB Games reported that Microsoft will launch Xbox 360 in US on November 2, for US$299.99. There will be around 21 launch titles, including Amped 3, Call of Duty 2, Condemned, Dead or Alive 4, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Final Fantasy XI, Full Auto, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, Gun, Kameo: Elements of Power, Madden NFL 06, NBA 2K6, NHL 2K6, The Outfit, Perfect Dark LE, Project Gotham Racing 3, Quake 4, Ridge Racer 6, Saints Row, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland and Top Spin 2.

I'll probably get Dead or Alive 4, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, Gun, and Kameo: Elements of Power  :D

321218[/snapback]

I doubt you'll see 21 games on launch day. Especially some of the titles mentioned. MS has made it clear that "launch" means launch window of 90 days after the system releases. So I'm guessing half will make the cut at launch day. If 20+ titles ship with the system, it will be a worthy launch indeed.

For me...I don't know what I'd pick up yet. Ridge Racer 6, PGR3, & Full Auto are supposed to make launch for sure so at least racing's covered. Kameo I suppose. DOA4....not really but it has pretty backgrounds so possible. I'll make the decision closer to launch when we know what's coming for sure on launch day. $60 games where I live means $65-70...ouch.

Edited by Gaijin

321245[/snapback]

That's been a Sony complaint as far as I can remember...but I suppose it's a fact of life for everyone now.

I don't recall ever hearing much noise about it.

I wasn't asking about the unlicensed stuf though ..I thought I read MS wouldn't be allowing 3rd party licensed stuff at launch that would interfere with their 1st party stuff like av cables and controllers.

Ah. I hadn't heard that. Just that there'd be no unlicensed controllers.

MS is the first one to the market so they know they can charge as much as they want until Sony drops their PS3 on everyone.

Anyone interested in getting the 360 should wait for the first price drop, which should be sometime between the PS3 release and the 1st Xmas after PS3 is on the market.

MS is the first one to the market so they know they can charge as much as they want until Sony drops their PS3 on everyone. 

Anyone interested in getting the 360 should wait for the first price drop, which should be sometime between the PS3 release and the 1st Xmas after PS3 is on the market.

321346[/snapback]

Except that MS is matching the rumored PS3 pricepoint, with a "lite" model

to undercut the PS3's rumored tag.

It looks an awful lot to me like PS VS Saturn all over again.

The early days when both sides were sitting there undercutting each other, not the later days when Sega said screw it and dropped US support after pissing retailers off bad enough that a lot of them wouldn't carry Saturns anyways.

It's kinda like MS talking about releasing the next HALO on the same day the PS3 ships. They're spending so much time trying to piss in eveyrone else's cereal that they're not thinking enough about their own market (and will probably suffer greatly for it).

From what I have gathered the PS3 base system will be $400 and still have to buy all the other equipment, but I will know more once I chat with ye ol Sony guy when he vists my store.

as for the Revolution, they are looking same time frame as the PS3, but as I know more I will pass on the info as I get it. :D