• Nintendo Revulotion
    • PS3
    • None
    • More than one
    • Can't think about games, Agent ONE is just so sexy, its distracting

I know Zelda is an Action/RPG, forgot to type it  :p

313515[/snapback]

Action-ADVENTURE.

It's got as much RPG in it as Metroid or Megaman X.

Which is to say, not one byte.

313528[/snapback]

Unless you mean Command Mission. ;)

313531[/snapback]

Bah.

313515[/snapback]

Action-ADVENTURE.

313528[/snapback]

313531[/snapback]

Bah.

313538[/snapback]

Second that.

Thought FF3 was 70$.

Either way, it was exceptional. The RPGs commanded a higher price than the normal games, likely due to the extra ROM needed and smaller market(while not exactly a slacker, FF3 was no Super Metroid, and Nintendo knew it).

Let's see...

A '94 release would've put me... I think I'd just entered Jr. High.

I was young enough that I was still closely tracking things I couldn't afford(ironically, the money I spent on game magazines would have bought me several ACTUAL games...).

313503[/snapback]

That was exactly what I paid for FFIII (one of the first games I bought with my own money, and it completely pwned my wallet). It was worth every penny though. At that point, consoles didn't have awesome graphics to rely upon to make up for mediocre stories.

JBO, it would appear that we're pretty much in the same age group (I'm 26). Likewise I can recall in hindsight that after paying for my subscriptions to EGM, Gamepro, and Nintendo Power (Until about 1996, I had been a subscriber since it was still the "Nintendo Fun Club" or whatever back in the mid-80s), I could've easily doubled my game library over the course of about 3 years.

Thought FF3 was 70$.

Either way, it was exceptional. The RPGs commanded a higher price than the normal games, likely due to the extra ROM needed and smaller market(while not exactly a slacker, FF3 was no Super Metroid, and Nintendo knew it).

Let's see...

I was young enough that I was still closely tracking things I couldn't afford(ironically, the money I spent on game magazines would have bought me several ACTUAL games...).

313503[/snapback]

That was exactly what I paid for FFIII (one of the first games I bought with my own money, and it completely pwned my wallet). It was worth every penny though. At that point, consoles didn't have awesome graphics to rely upon to make up for mediocre stories.

JBO, it would appear that we're pretty much in the same age group (I'm 26). Likewise I can recall in hindsight that after paying for my subscriptions to EGM, Gamepro, and Nintendo Power (Until about 1996, I had been a subscriber since it was still the "Nintendo Fun Club" or whatever back in the mid-80s), I could've easily doubled my game library over the course of about 3 years.

313681[/snapback]

23 here.

I have a few years' worth of GamePros bought off newsstands, and a pile of Nintendo Powers I subscribed to.

Actually wasn't half-bad in the SNES days.

Wow you guys are young.  :D

I had to hike 17 miles in snow and then swim in a lake of lava just so I could play Pong at Pizza Hut. :D

313682[/snapback]

I used to play games at Pizza Hut/Inn/Whatever.

I remember one. Arkanoid. I remember it because I thought the machine was broken.

Years later I realized that the joystick was actually a knob that you rotated.

Edited by JB0

**I recall $100 + Super Famicom games as well as $99 Virtua Racing and Phantasy Star IV in the US.  It sucked but, I also used to drop $250 for Neo Geo Carts (and even though it's crazy...that Neo was one of the most fun systems I had...everyone loved it).

313366[/snapback]

Ah, a true elite. :D

I remember seeing my friend hooking up his NeoGeo Cart system to the home stereo to show me the original Samurai Shodown. When the floor started shaking to the drums I knew the system is a must-have. :lol:

**I recall $100 + Super Famicom games as well as $99 Virtua Racing and Phantasy Star IV in the US.  It sucked but, I also used to drop $250 for Neo Geo Carts (and even though it's crazy...that Neo was one of the most fun systems I had...everyone loved it).

313366[/snapback]

Ah, a true elite. :D

I remember seeing my friend hooking up his NeoGeo Cart system to the home stereo to show me the original Samurai Shodown. When the floor started shaking to the drums I knew the system is a must-have. :lol:

313741[/snapback]

Heehee.

I wouldn't mind a NeoGeo. But I'm not paying what they go for.

313742[/snapback]

Considering the launch price of the PS1 and Saturn at the time, the price of the NeoGeo cart system wasn't all that bad. The only problem was the price of the carts, but when you add up the coins you'd otherwise spend in the arcade, they're quite a bargain. You also get instant gratification without all the annoying load time or fear of scratched discs that'd no longer work.

313742[/snapback]

Considering the launch price of the PS1 and Saturn at the time, the price of the NeoGeo cart system wasn't all that bad. The only problem was the price of the carts, but when you add up the coins you'd otherwise spend in the arcade, they're quite a bargain. You also get instant gratification without all the annoying load time or fear of scratched discs that'd no longer work.

313747[/snapback]

A. I meant now. And was considering the price of feeding them.

B. The NeoGeo was up against the SNES and Genesis. By the time of the PS1 and Saturn, I think the NeoGeo home hardware had been discontinued. They MAY have been making the CD version still, but I don't think so.

313515[/snapback]

Action-ADVENTURE.

313528[/snapback]

313531[/snapback]

Bah.

313538[/snapback]

Second that.

313539[/snapback]

Weak. Played it, beat it, AND loved it.

Thought FF3 was 70$.

Let's see...

313503[/snapback]

313681[/snapback]

23 here.

I have a few years' worth of GamePros bought off newsstands, and a pile of Nintendo Powers I subscribed to.

Actually wasn't half-bad in the SNES days.

Wow you guys are young.  :D

I had to hike 17 miles in snow and then swim in a lake of lava just so I could play Pong at Pizza Hut. :D

313682[/snapback]

I used to play games at Pizza Hut/Inn/Whatever.

I remember one. Arkanoid. I remember it because I thought the machine was broken.

Years later I realized that the joystick was actually a knob that you rotated.

313735[/snapback]

25 here. But my family was poor, and almost NEVER bought any kind of magazine or anything like that for me. So, I used to stay over at my friend's house in elementary school and middle school. He was a Nintendo Power subscriber since before I'd met him. He was also one of those people who slept late and was nigh impossible to wake up. If I slept over, I'd always wake up first... so I'd read all his magazines until he got up. I didn't actually get a magazine of my own until PSM. They were giving away free subscriptions to new PlayStation owners. As I got older, though, my tastes went more multi-console. I gave up PSM, and currently I subscribe to EGM and Game Informer. Oh, and Popular Science.

As for the arcade thing, when I was little, my hometown had a mom-and-pop style pizza shop with a small arcade. I used to love to go there, and play Pole Position, complete with steering wheel, pedals, and the hi/low shifter. Ah, good times...

25 here.  But my family was poor, and almost NEVER bought any kind of magazine or anything like that for me. 

Mine covered the Nintendo Power(but very few of the games in it). I bought each and every Gamepro I own.

As for the arcade thing, when I was little, my hometown had a mom-and-pop style pizza shop with a small arcade.  I used to love to go there, and play Pole Position, complete with steering wheel, pedals, and the hi/low shifter.  Ah, good times...

313769[/snapback]

Mmmmm...

*fondly remembers the RoadBlasters in the grocery store*

My mom is awesome, way way back she picked up an issue of Game Player's Guide, and eventually got me a subscription. Eventually GP Guide turned into the best gaming magazine on the market.

Too bad it got bought out, drove into the ground, and what's left of its rotting corpse is ign.com.

I can remember most of the different arcade machines our local pizza hut (in the town I grew up in) had... in fact, last time I checked (about a month ago), they still had the same machines there they've had for the past 7 years or so ("Carrier Airwing", and "Area 51")

I bought my Neo Geo secondhand (I think I paid about $80 for the machine and "Samurai Showdown" and one of the "King of Fighters" games.). I've long since gotten rid of it though. To my knowledge, the regular Neo Geo had shut down around the time PS1 and Saturn took off (like JB0 said), but the Super CD system was probably in production until 1999 or so... that or a LOT of stock just went missing for long periods of time only to be re-discovered years later and sold (or, my favorite consipiracy theory, bootleg versions were produced in Hong Kong, which attributed to the gigantic aftermarket sale of packaged Neo Geo systems online)

25 here.  But my family was poor, and almost NEVER bought any kind of magazine or anything like that for me. 

Mine covered the Nintendo Power(but very few of the games in it). I bought each and every Gamepro I own.

As for the arcade thing, when I was little, my hometown had a mom-and-pop style pizza shop with a small arcade.  I used to love to go there, and play Pole Position, complete with steering wheel, pedals, and the hi/low shifter.  Ah, good times...

313769[/snapback]

Mmmmm...

*fondly remembers the RoadBlasters in the grocery store*

313827[/snapback]

My Roadblasters was in a 7-11...ahh, the memories, "Catch Special Weapon to Increase Performance". :D

For me, the pinnacle of video game journalism was Next Generation and GameFan (the old Die Hard store employees). Never cared for Gamepro. I remember too, when Game Informer was like a 20 page crap magazine.

:lol:

The Force is strong with the Xbox360 !

From Guntoa :

Gundam and Super Robot Taisen for Xbox360

Famitsu.com has list of games tenatively scheduled for Xbox360. Among the 45 titles, Bandai has Mobile Suit Gundam and Banpresto has Super Robot Taisen listed. The titles were revealed at Microsoft's event "Xbox Summit 2005" in Tokyo on July 25th.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2005/07/2...,41702,0,0.html

From Guntoa : UPDATE !

Gundam and Super Robot Taisen for Xbox360 UPDATED

Famitsu.com has list of games tenatively scheduled for Xbox360. Among the 45 titles, Bandai has Mobile Suit Gundam and Banpresto has Super Robot Taisen listed. The titles were revealed at Microsoft's event "Xbox Summit 2005" in Tokyo on July 25th.

UPDATED

More links related to this news:

Game Watch - Here it mentions, a FPS game looking like BF1942-ish with some form of network support. The game will come out next year and Bandai plans to have footage for Tokyo Game Show 2005 this September.

IGN.com - Here, it mentions this will be a FPS Zeta-related game.

Nikkei news and Dengeki Online put up similar articles as well. However no mention of Zeta.

Stay tuned to see which universe this game will be.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2005/07/2...,41702,0,0.html

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/2...725/xb360_1.htm

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/636/636139p1.html

http://release.nikkei.co.jp/detail.cfm?rel...58&lindID=1

http://www.dengekionline.com/data/news/200...28dcad0d65.html

Edited by Black Valkyrie

Here is something I did not expect... Bandai throwing their lot in with Xbox? While I doubt they've given up their very profitable relationship with Sony (at least, I don't see any mention of exclusive releases on the Xbox 360 info) I never figured Bandai would spend much time concerning themselves with the US system.

Here is something I did not expect... Bandai throwing their lot in with Xbox? While I doubt they've given up their very profitable relationship with Sony (at least, I don't see any mention of exclusive releases on the Xbox 360 info) I never figured Bandai would spend much time concerning themselves with the US system.

313954[/snapback]

Microsoft no doubt threw some money their way, as they're prone to do for Japanese developers.

313954[/snapback]

Microsoft no doubt threw some money their way, as they're prone to do for Japanese developers.

Developers, American and Japanese both (and European and Candadian, for that matter) have been making games for PlayStation systems, because they know that's where the largest audience is.

The same developers aren't blind to the fact that simply making a console that can go online isn't the same as having a well-developed online strategy. Xbox Live has made the Xbox 360 an attractive choice to developers who want to make an online game.

It's a little suprising to hear that Bandai is making a Gundam game for the Xbox 360. But when you read that part about the game being like Battlefield and intended for mostly online play, it's not all that suprising.

And frankly, such a game sounds quite interesting... although Bandai's track record with Gundam games is less than stellar.

well, Bandai HAS been kind of on the up and up with their later gundam game excursions (although they're far from what I would like).

I will say that Microsoft has a serious leg-up on the market when it comes to their online-gameplay. However, I suspect that Sony has seen the error of their ways in not (whole-heartedly at least) supporting online gameplay. I'd be willing to bet that we see a more firm sony-online setup with the PS3 (more cross-console gaming would be pleasant to see, but I'm not holding out for that)

It's a little suprising to hear that Bandai is making a Gundam game for the Xbox 360.  But when you read that part about the game being like Battlefield and intended for mostly online play, it's not all that suprising.

And frankly, such a game sounds quite interesting... although Bandai's track record with Gundam games is less than stellar.

314202[/snapback]

Ah, who cares about Gundam.

SUPER ROBOT WARS 360!

Didn't Bandai say there were interested in making games for the Revolution as well? If so, it just means that Bandai wants to develop for all three consoles.

314352[/snapback]

I know that they bought out Namco, and they had a pretty cosy relationship with Nintendo as of late, so it may be more them.

Yeah, I don't like Bandai games at all. Unless it's a Gundam game, they don't care about the quality. Only reason we got a good Macross game out of them was because Sega worked on it.

Didn't Bandai say there were interested in making games for the Revolution as well? If so, it just means that Bandai wants to develop for all three consoles.

314352[/snapback]

I know that they bought out Namco, and they had a pretty cosy relationship with Nintendo as of late, so it may be more them.

Yeah, I don't like Bandai games at all. Unless it's a Gundam game, they don't care about the quality. Only reason we got a good Macross game out of them was because Sega worked on it.

314357[/snapback]

Even with Gundam, how many good ones have there been? The Battle Master series wasn't too bad, and nor was Encounters in Space... but mediocrity shouldn't be the goal. The only Gundam games I've really enjoyed a lot were the vs. games... which were actually developed by Capcom.

It's a little suprising to hear that Bandai is making a Gundam game for the Xbox 360.  But when you read that part about the game being like Battlefield and intended for mostly online play, it's not all that suprising.

314202[/snapback]

SUPER ROBOT WARS 360!

314317[/snapback]

<_<

Anyone getting it ?

For me, the pinnacle of video game journalism was Next Generation and GameFan (the old Die Hard store employees).  Never cared for Gamepro.  I remember too, when Game Informer was like a 20 page crap magazine.

:lol:

313850[/snapback]

Next Gen and Gamefan... boy do I miss those magazines big time. :( A few months after Gamefan ceased, most of the Gamefan staff started the magazine GameGo. They only got one issue out before that effort collapsed. :( The only two game magazines I still get these days are EGM and Nintendo Power. I've been subscribed to Nintendo Power since 1988 (Issue 1!), but I am planning on letting it expire this fall. In fact, I got rid of my whole video game magazine collection a few months ago... I had about 400 - 500 lbs. worth of these magazines!!! :o

Back to the subject of Gamefan, who remembers their anime review guy Eric "Shidoshi" Patterson? I went to high school with him at Omaha North back in the early 1990's. He was one grade behind me. If I'm correct, he was able to do his job here in Omaha without moving out to California where Gamefan was located.

Hmm......... I do miss these mags espescially the early 90`s EGM with ED Semrad and Sushi-X. As for Gamefan that mag was cool but since the release of PS1 back then it became a Pro Sony like when they reviewed Street Fighter Alpha-1 for Satrun and PS1, they said that PS1 was miles better and they where wrong.

Game Pro was lame, never liked the artist mag. BTW as for Gamefan, it became Gamersrepublic, I liked that mag and even it collapsed.

314202[/snapback]

SUPER ROBOT WARS 360!

314317[/snapback]

<_<

Anyone getting it ?

314439[/snapback]

Mmmm.... Macross and Gaogaigar in one bright shiny 5" optical disk... if only I wasn't broke.

314202[/snapback]

SUPER ROBOT WARS 360!

314317[/snapback]

<_<

Anyone getting it ?

314439[/snapback]

Mmmm.... Macross and Gaogaigar in one bright shiny 5" optical disk... if only I wasn't broke.

314498[/snapback]

1.) Strategy games, as I understand the Super Robot Wars games to be, aren't really my cup of tea.

2.) Seems like the only Super Robots I care for are in Macross or Gundam. The rest? Meh.

3.) I hate SD.

4.) While Bandai likes to milk Gundam for all it's worth (and has all but said that the Gundam 360 game would get a US release), Super Robot Wars never get released here.

I still want to import A.C.E when I have a little extra money, if only for the Nu Gundam.

1.) Strategy games, as I understand the Super Robot Wars games to be, aren't really my cup of tea.

Strategy RPG, but yes.

2.) Seems like the only Super Robots I care for are in Macross or Gundam.  The rest?  Meh.

Those are "real robots" as SRW files them. :p

Super robot is reserved for the Mazingers, Combattler V, Gunbuster, Gaogaigar, Dancougar, the Getters, etc.

3.) I hate SD.

:(

There've been 2 non-SD games in the series, if I recall.

The SNES SRWGaiden is pretty fun, as well as being totally devoid of anime mechs.

4.) While Bandai likes to milk Gundam for all it's worth (and has all but said that the Gundam 360 game would get a US release), Super Robot Wars never get released here.

At least partially because it's a licensing nightmare(the other part being most americans have never heard of 3/4s of the shows present).

If nothing else, HG'd raise hell because they "own Macross."

I suspect that ADV, Manga, and everyone else with a license to one of the shows in there would come in and ask for their cut too...

On the upside, people might finally get up and figure out who owns DYRL, just so they could figure out who had the rights to demand a cut of SRW.

In fact, I got rid of my whole video game magazine collection a few months ago... I had about 400 - 500 lbs. worth of these magazines!!! :o 

314458[/snapback]

ARRRRAGH! Why didn't you tell me!?!? There were a number of early issues of Nintendo Power that I had but lost in a move that I've been trying to replace (the Zelda II issue, the Castlevania II issue, the Batman issue, and a few others) I SOOO would've taken those off your hands....

:o:D

Edited by Skull Leader

I love SDs, even there is a SNES SD Z Gundam aka SDKSG-2.

From magicbox : (those who are interested in GBM)

- Nintendo will launch GameBoy Micro in Japan on September 13. On the same day Nintendo will release four GBA titles, including:

Famicom Mini: Super Mario Bros. (re-release to celebrate 20th anniversary of Mario)

Mario Tennis Advance

Tsuukin Hitofude

Dr. Mario & Panel de Pon