Tank S.W.A.T. 01

I have mixed feelings. I think the character designs are simply terrible.

Not to mention that the music for that trailer DOES NOT work well with the footage. It's like listening to a Britney Spears love song while watching the new SW trailer!!! :p

Still, I love Dominion, so if the stories are written well and the pacing is good, I'll probably like it.

That explains the merchandise coming from Yamato.

I'm not really sure about CG characters for Shirow's material. They lose so much of the dynamic personalities that the manga has as in the Appleseed movie. I'm glad they sticking close to Shirow character design as far as faces though... Oh well if it sucks maybe I'll get a decent Bonaparte toy out of it...

eh, i dont tihnk the characters shudve been CG, they move unnatural and jerky, and the mouth movement, when she isnt talking shes stuck in a permanent pout, but it could be good

The jerkiness was pretty bad. I'm wondering if this is just unfinished and that that will be smoothed out in the final release.

eh, i dont tihnk the characters shudve been CG, they move unnatural and jerky, and the mouth movement, when she isnt talking shes stuck in a permanent pout, but it could be good

The jerkiness was pretty bad. I'm wondering if this is just unfinished and that that will be smoothed out in the final release.

I'll second that and the character desigsn seemed really flat and not very well animated at all. There's no dimension to them and almost look like flat paper aganst a gorgeous background. Maybe it is a work in progress and being fibished up.

• 9 months later...

270741[/snapback]

Sorry, but that's simply not true anymore. What trailers are now are simply what has been 'finished' and 99% isn't going to be polished anymore and is equally likely that those are the 'highlights'. You probably will see later improvement, but not for several eps. and you'll see lower quality because it's more then likely a 13 ep show(correct me if i'm wrong on the shows length).

The cg is poor and their is NO reason for it. Hell, hobbyists in america do superior cgi anime then the japanese do. It's gonna be at least another 5-8 years before industry produced anime pulls it's standards up to roughly 2005 levels.

• 2 months later...

Just watched the first episode. Not bad, but not great. The characters have a very stylized look to them and they still movie pretty jerky. The story and characterization were okay. I'm curious anyway to see where they decide to go with it. It's definitely not the same setting as the manga.

Ehh...I thought it was pretty weak. It seems that nobody, not even Shirow himself, can really capture the vibe of the original Dominion. I'll probably check out the next episode when it comes out, but I'll hardly be waiting for it with bated breath.

• 2 years later...