1/60 GBP help

promethuem5

Hi all,

I relaize this has come up before, but I couldnt seem to find anything about teh 1/60 when I searched for some reason...

Anywyas, I got a 1/60 GBP armor set without the Valk, and I was wondering if anyone has devised a way to help the hip rods stay in better..... Like, on 1.60s in general, has anyone wrapped a little tape around the rod or clear nail polish to some success? I need to re clear nail polish the hip ball joints anyways... I was still wondering if anyone has done anything to help it....

Use some super glue to glue the hip rods permanently into the nose cone. While you are at it, also glue the front groin armor as well, to stop it falling off all the time.

Yes, you will end up with a non-transforming Valk with non-removable groin armor, but at least the toy becomes playable, instead of an expensive display piece that falls apart if you as much as breath on it.

Perhaps you can guess I don't think Yamato did a very good job with this toy.

Graham

No no Graham, tell us what you REALLY think! :)

Actually, the groin piece? Depends largely on which valk you are trying to fit on. On my Strike-1S, the groin piece fitted well and stayed on.. but on my CF, it keep popping loose.

I traced the problem to minute differences in the nosecone shape -- seems like the mold may have either degraded or some changes made, and when the GBP is designed the later valks were used, and no checks on backward compatibility was apparently done. Yamato ASS-U-ME'd.

I was intending to extend the rod connectors on the groin piece so that it would reach deeper, but one, no time, two, cursory examination makes me wonder whether there's enough material there for me to work with...

As for the hip connectors, I need to look at it a bit more. I do dislike the hip armour because it is so bulky it interferes with the hip posability. I might want to shave down the thickness there a bit.. or some other thing, I really need to think about it.

The GBP is actually bulky enough that it's not really a toy no more.. so maybe it's not a bad thing for the hip to be so "loose". But, as an improvement, perhaps holes can be drilled into the hip joints and a pin/ brass rod inserted between the two hips so that there is more support?

As it is, both my GBP-1S and GBP-1A are standing nicely in my cabinet.. rather impressive actually.

Would it be possible to create a series of miniature "locks" for the groin and armor bits? So you don't have to glue the whole thing?

Oh, nearly anything is possible with enough time, patience and skill.

Unfortunately, I lack all three hence the quick super glue fix :lol: .

Graham

Actually, the groin piece? Depends largely on which valk you are trying to fit on. On my Strike-1S, the groin piece fitted well and stayed on.. but on my CF, it keep popping loose.

I traced the problem to minute differences in the nosecone shape -- seems like the mold may have either degraded or some changes made, and when the GBP is designed the later valks were used, and no checks on backward compatibility was apparently done. Yamato ASS-U-ME'd.

I have both the 1/60 GPB with VF-1J set and also one set of just the armor. On both of my GBP armors the front groin peices constantly fall off, no matter which 1/60 I try them on. Although to be fair, I've only tried them on 2-3 different 1/60s.

Graham

well i gave the cod piece the scotch treatment to avoid using glue, yeah its tape but you can't see it with the legs on.

the hips/legs.....i dunno, mine stays on just fine and i've slapped it on several of my 1/60's. then again, i barely posed(other than standing straight up) or played with any of them so they don't have the loose hip/leg problem even with the legs spread apart.

the only gripe i have with it is the flip-flop missile hatches. they don't completely close and it bothers the shiet out of me.

Why not do what I do and keep them in their box inside of a storage box. Then nothing will fall off!!!!!!!!! ;)

ya see, this i just don't get?

why buy toys that you're never going to open?

i even have dupicates of stuff and i still open all of them.

how are you going to enjoy them if they're in the box where you can't touch them? :unsure:

Use some super glue to glue the hip rods permanently into the nose cone. While you are at it, also glue the front groin armor as well, to stop it falling off all the time.

Yes, you will end up with a non-transforming Valk with non-removable groin armor, but at least the toy becomes playable, instead of an expensive display piece that falls apart if you as much as breath on it.

Perhaps you can guess I don't think Yamato did a very good job with this toy.

Graham

Remember a time when Graham thought Yamato could do no wrong? I always thought the Yamato toys were NOT supposed to be played with, which was why it was supposed to be articulate and a closer representation of what the valkyrie was supposed to look like. And that was how the two camps formed...those who preferred the 1/55 for its playability and those who preferred the 1/60 for its model-like attention to detail with transformability, but not the playability. And then the battles raged... I'm glad those days are over. All can be forgiven...Look at Solscud. He's even inviting RT.com people to hang out with him. Who would have thought we'd live to see the day when that would happen? I never read any thread on this, but Graham, why did you have a falling out with Yamato?

Why not do what I do and keep them in their box inside of a storage box.  Then nothing will fall off!!!!!!!!! ;)

ya see, this i just don't get?

why buy toys that you're never going to open?

i even have dupicates of stuff and i still open all of them.

how are you going to enjoy them if they're in the box where you can't touch them? :unsure:

Ahh...this subject was touched upon in Toy Story 2 so I won't go any further than that...

Hmm..... it looked like an extention of the hip rods would do the job, but how would you go about doing it? I scotched taped the cod-piece as soon as I got it... got it second hand and there were already tape marks from where the last person had taped it, so I didn't really care :D . My missile doors are alright too, it's just the hip rods.... It's pretty playable right now, except my right arm is loose and 1/60s don't have the greatest shoulder design <_< and the hips.... otherwise tho I like it alot and am rather impressed. Granted I dont like the 1/60s much at all, but the GBP makes the one I do have worth having.

And Graham.... you're not in the least bit cynical about Yamato products, are you? :p