Could someone tell me what this toy is?

Ladic

I remember having this as a Kid and loving it, it used batteries and I think it came with 2 pilots.

I just ran across this picture, which is exactly what I had, but I think it was a differente color.

post-26-1109965929_thumb.jpg

these are Zoids. i am not sure of the exact name of this figure however. check ebay just type zoids i am sure you will find it.

chris

What you have there is one of the bigger ZOIDS model/toys, in particular, GORDOS (aka, Gorosaurus, Gordox, or 'Stegosaurus Type') .

Zoids have appeared in various color schemes and under various names over the past 20+ years. I'm not sure, but IIRC, GORDOS is one of the original large Zoids, and may have been available years ago as part of the ROBOSTRUX line (basically re-packaged Zoids) or as Radio Shack exclusives.

For as many versions as there have been over the years, TOMY has sure gotten their $$$ worth form those molds! :D

EDIT: GO here for more info on the Robostrux variations: http://misterhook.tripod.com/zoids/info2.htm

Edited by Amped

not radio shack, it was sharper image.

Well, it may have been available at Sharper Image as well (was SI even around back in the early 80s???), but I'm pretty sure the early (and rarest) big Zoids were Radio Shack exclusives.

not radio shack, it was sharper image.

Well, it may have been available at Sharper Image as well (was SI even around back in the early 80s???), but I'm pretty sure the early (and rarest) big Zoids were Radio Shack exclusives.

SI was around back in the 80's and they carried 2 zoid exclusive, one being the stegasaurus(sp?), the other was a t-rex(or godzilla-esque).

i remember very clearly cause i hassled my dad for one but i never got it.

maybe radio shack had the goods but the first time i saw a big zoid was at sharper image. all the other zoids that were around were all relativily small and affordable.

Edited by haterist

I tend to remember them as something from old 80's commercials as Robotics...where like you had a lil remote control and build it and crap...they were on alot during the Transformers...but that's just me.