Master Replicas @ Toy Fair 2005

bsu legato

http://toyfair.rebelscum.com/2005/gallery/...005/default.asp

Ouch. There is a lot of nice looking product there. I'm already planning on getting the ROTS Obi Wan saber, mainly because I missed out on the first ANH version but also because it looks like he kicks all kinds of ass in the new film with it. The Dooku saber is a "maybe" and from what I've read on the various prop forums, I'm sure I'll be able to pick up a Ep III Vader on clearance in a year's time. Now if I could only figure out how to get one of the Han Solo DL-44s into Canada...

The AT-AT came out November last year.

It's quite tall, maybe 1-1/2 feet tall. Real sturdy and nice looking. The thing was roughly $1,100 US. About 1,000 were made.

Here's a link with some better pics of it.

I'm starting to see the prices on these LE things go higher and higher. Esp. for this beast. I've seen somewhere that this thing is going for $1,600.

One thing I have to say about these large AT-ATs. A small resin model company, SMT, had made a large model of an AT-AT way earlier last year. I believe it was 1/35 scale, so it was large. Some sites out there have 1/48, 1/53 (WTF?), or 1/35 as the scale. But that's the way I remember it from the SMT AT-AT promos. But the whole thing came to a big end since Lucasfilm told SMT to stop the production of all their Star Wars kits. It included TIE Fighters, TIE Interceptors, TIE Advanced, TIE Avengers, TIE Defenders, Snowspeeders, X, B, Y, and A-Wings, and the big AT-AT. The fighters were all 1/48 and well done, too. SMT did get a run or two of the AT-AT off to customers before they were told to stop, so I'm sure you can find someone willing to part with theirs. For a price, I bet.

SMT's AT-AT

I had already ordered and received the TIE Avenger and TIE Defender kits before they were forced to stop.

Edited by Warmaker