Space Balls

JELEINEN

Well, if Mel Brooks is involved, it has a chance of being good at least. Unlike the Blazing Saddles TV pilot (wish I could forget I ever watched that), which he clearly had no involvement in whatsoever.

I just hope it's better than that horrible attempt at a Blazing saddles TV show.

If you're thinking of "Black Bart," that wasn't a "Blazing Saddles" spin off. It was a total steal from Blazing Saddles, as AFAICT, Mel Brooks had zero input (and should have sued the living daylights out of the producers of that pilot).

I have heard, though, that Brooks' last foray into TV, the short-lived late '70s ABC show "When Things Were Rotten" (a Robin Hood Spoof that was the basis, I guess, for Men in Tights) was pretty bad, though. But then Mel's had more hits than misses, right?

Edited by Pat Payne

I just hope it's better than that horrible attempt at a Blazing saddles TV show.

If you're thinking of "Black Bart," that wasn't a "Blazing Saddles" spin off. It was a total steal from Blazing Saddles, as AFAICT, Mel Brooks had zero input (and should have sued the living daylights out of the producers of that pilot).

I have heard, though, that Brooks' last foray into TV, the short-lived late '70s ABC show "When Things Were Rotten" (a Robin Hood Spoof that was the basis, I guess, for Men in Tights) was pretty bad, though. But then Mel's had more hits than misses, right?

Nope. It's an official sipnoff. Brooks wasn't involved but WB would never let something like that stop them. The 30th anniversary special ed. DVD of Blazing Saddles has Black Bart on it. It's so bad I havn't been able to sit through 5 whole minutes of it.

post-26-1106938879.gif