George A. Romero's "Land of the Dead"

the thing that I always thought was strange in the DoD (original and remake) they are there for a couple months right? Well after a month or two of exposure to the elements a human corpse will be pretty badly decomposed, why do we not see that? Heck in the remake all they really had to do was to wait it out for the dead to be too decomposed to move then leave. Oh well I guess that is what happens when I input logic into the equation, lol.

the thing that I always thought was strange in the DoD (original and remake) they are there for a couple months right?  Well after a month or two of exposure to the elements a human corpse will be pretty badly decomposed, why do we not see that?  Heck in the  remake all they really had to do was to wait it out for the dead to be too decomposed to move then leave.  Oh well I guess that is what happens when I input logic into the equation, lol.

You know, I brought up that very question earlier last year when the DotD remake came out. Maybe zombies rot to a certain point then stop. Who knows?

Edited by Noriko Takaya

My theory is that when the dead reanimate, then whatever force brings them back also stops decomposition or at least slows it down to a greatly reduced rate, i.e. so instead of completely decomposing in say a year (or however long it normally takes a body to decompose), it instead takes many years.

Also, in regards to shuffling vs running zombies, I've always thought that the slow gait of traditional 'Romero' style Zombies is not caused purely by rigor mortis or decaying muscles, but is instead a result of the brain's neural pathways being messed up when the corpse reanimates as a Zombie. This means that the Zombie doesn't have as much control over their body as a normal living person, hence the slow movement.

Perhaps like a young child or somebody recovering from a serious illness, the Zombie has to relearn how to use it's body to it's full capability. This could tie in with what we have been hearning about evolved Zombies in Land of the Dead and also 'Bub' in Day of the Dead.

Graham